[Rumor] Halo 2 Anniversary and Crackdown 3

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a rumor at the moment but supposedly a Microsoft Insider has leaked that Halo 2 Anniversary will be this years Halo Game for the year of 2014 for Xbox one.
According to this insider, Microsoft will be releasing a Halo 2 remake in 2014. This will likely be the game that they were talking about, when they revealed that there would be a Halo game in 2014. It will be dubbed the Halo 2: Anniversary Edition. This alleged source also claims that the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition will feature access to the Halo 5 beta, and Microsoft has plans to introduce a “real time show” for the Halo franchise.

Also in the article.
These Halo 2 Xbox One rumors weren’t the only newsworthy items that were teased. This insider claims that Crackdown 3 is real. It’s unlikely that it will be revealed at E3 this year, and that it’s a 2016 release for the Xbox One.

As An enormous fan of the Halo Franchise I am very excited to be able to get back into the Multiplayer of Halo 2, as long as they only slightly alter it to the mechanics of Halo 4. I have find memories of my multiplayer experiences in Halo 2 so I couldn't be more excited.
As for the crackdown news... Meh. I've always remembered crackdown as "That game I bought to play the Halo 3 Demo."

Source:
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/microsoft-insider-dumps-xbox-halo-2-remake-crackdown-3-teases/

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm so conflicted :sad: The Xbone hater in me says nay, but the Halo lover says yay :cry:

But for reals, Halo 2 was like one of my favorite shooters growing up, so this is definitely welcome in my book. Now if only I could convince my little brother to get it...

Reactions: chavosaur

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I like the idea, but I don't like the release date. Is it just me or have game releases in general become "Nothing now, but wait a few years! We'll get everything ready by then!"?

That aside, Halo is a mixed franchise for me. I've loved the original games to death, but then again Microsoft has milked the franchise to death for me..

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it'll be the dual-wielding slaughter-fest I loved so much, but my favorite map was on that game so i'll be happy to play it.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it is, I didn't touch Combat Evolved.Seemed like they were hard pushed to keep the game going in a certain direction mechanically.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's Halo 2 but prettier with more content, and nothing drastically changed or removed...then sign me up.
Halo 2 was by far the funnest I played. I sunk more hours in it than all the other Halo's combined. Granted I had more free time then, but still. It was...over the top but not off the deep end, like Halo 4.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone completely indifferent to Halo, I have no strong feelings about this one way or the other. Though for fans of Halo 2's multiplayer, you might want to watch it; if the first Halo anniversary is anything to go by, the multiplayer will probably be based on Halo 4, for good or ill (the bad kind of ill, not the Beastie Boys kind).

The first Crackdown was decently fun, but the second was... well, it wasn't very good. At this point, I can't say I'm really stoked for whatever comes next.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Halo 2 have online multiplayer?
It did Back in the Xbox Days but the servers have long since even shut down.
However you could always get the PC version of the game which still has some online players every once in awhile (including myself from time to time) If you have an Xbox Live profile the game Actually has Achievements as well. Makes t nice for someone like me because I have all the Main Halo games perfected (besides some DLC cheevies in Halo 4)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm indifferent about Crackdown, never played the others.

Halo 2 Anniversary on the other hand... I am, for sure, excited. I will absolutely be buying it for myself so I can use it on my brother's Xbox One. I hope it's what I always wanted Halo 1 Anniversary to be though - a complete remake of Halo 1 on Halo 3's (or Halo 4's) game engine. I was a little let down when I played it and found that the new game mode was simply a retexture with models that weren't even physically solid (rocks becoming bigger, you could clip into them up until where the rock is really supposed to be).

Regardless of how it's done I'll buy it, but I can hope, can't I?

midnight1001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Halo 2 is the only halo game I haven't played so far as I don't own an original xbox and I've never played it on PC. I really hope this I released for the xbox 360 but I doubt it so no halo 2 for me I guess! :/
Thats if this is true anyways!

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm much more excited for Crackdown 3. I really enjoyed Crackdown and the coop was easily the best on the Xbox 360 besides saaaaay... maybe Saints row 3 and 4? Even Crackdown 2 was decent enough. The only problem is.. Xbox One. I know one of these days I'll have one (next 4-5 years) but until then *sighs* I dunno what I'd do.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mildly enjoyed the first Crackdown, it was a sloppy but fun game. A poor man's Prototype, which is just a poor man's inFamous. If they made a third one that wasn't shit then I guess I'd be okay with that.

Never been huge on Halo but Halo 2 was pretty good so I guess that'd be cool.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
It did Back in the Xbox Days but the servers have long since even shut down.
However you could always get the PC version of the game which still has some online players every once in awhile (including myself from time to time) If you have an Xbox Live profile the game Actually has Achievements as well. Makes t nice for someone like me because I have all the Main Halo games perfected (besides some DLC cheevies in Halo 4)

I know that, I believe the Halo 2 anniversary was confirmed and if so, does it include Halo 2 multiplayer modes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay