[Rumor] Halo 2 Anniversary and Crackdown 3

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chavosaur, Jan 31, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Only a rumor at the moment but supposedly a Microsoft Insider has leaked that Halo 2 Anniversary will be this years Halo Game for the year of 2014 for Xbox one.
    Also in the article.
    As An enormous fan of the Halo Franchise I am very excited to be able to get back into the Multiplayer of Halo 2, as long as they only slightly alter it to the mechanics of Halo 4. I have find memories of my multiplayer experiences in Halo 2 so I couldn't be more excited.
    As for the crackdown news... Meh. I've always remembered crackdown as "That game I bought to play the Halo 3 Demo."

Source:
    http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/microsoft-insider-dumps-xbox-halo-2-remake-crackdown-3-teases/

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I'm so conflicted :sad: The Xbone hater in me says nay, but the Halo lover says yay :cry:

But for reals, Halo 2 was like one of my favorite shooters growing up, so this is definitely welcome in my book. Now if only I could convince my little brother to get it...

chavosaur likes this.
  3. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    I like the idea, but I don't like the release date. Is it just me or have game releases in general become "Nothing now, but wait a few years! We'll get everything ready by then!"?

That aside, Halo is a mixed franchise for me. I've loved the original games to death, but then again Microsoft has milked the franchise to death for me..

4. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    I doubt it'll be the dual-wielding slaughter-fest I loved so much, but my favorite map was on that game so i'll be happy to play it.

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Why? I assume it would be the same thing as Combat Evolve's anniversary edition, just a re-texture and that's it.

6. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Hopefully it is, I didn't touch Combat Evolved.Seemed like they were hard pushed to keep the game going in a certain direction mechanically.

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    If it's Halo 2 but prettier with more content, and nothing drastically changed or removed...then sign me up.
    Halo 2 was by far the funnest I played. I sunk more hours in it than all the other Halo's combined. Granted I had more free time then, but still. It was...over the top but not off the deep end, like Halo 4.

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    As someone completely indifferent to Halo, I have no strong feelings about this one way or the other. Though for fans of Halo 2's multiplayer, you might want to watch it; if the first Halo anniversary is anything to go by, the multiplayer will probably be based on Halo 4, for good or ill (the bad kind of ill, not the Beastie Boys kind).

The first Crackdown was decently fun, but the second was... well, it wasn't very good. At this point, I can't say I'm really stoked for whatever comes next.

9. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Does the Halo 2 have online multiplayer?

10. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    It did Back in the Xbox Days but the servers have long since even shut down.
    However you could always get the PC version of the game which still has some online players every once in awhile (including myself from time to time) If you have an Xbox Live profile the game Actually has Achievements as well. Makes t nice for someone like me because I have all the Main Halo games perfected (besides some DLC cheevies in Halo 4)

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  11. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    They actually made a sequel to the first Crapdown?

12. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    You can play Halo 2 online on XBOX with XLink Kai.

13. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I'm indifferent about Crackdown, never played the others.

Halo 2 Anniversary on the other hand... I am, for sure, excited. I will absolutely be buying it for myself so I can use it on my brother's Xbox One. I hope it's what I always wanted Halo 1 Anniversary to be though - a complete remake of Halo 1 on Halo 3's (or Halo 4's) game engine. I was a little let down when I played it and found that the new game mode was simply a retexture with models that weren't even physically solid (rocks becoming bigger, you could clip into them up until where the rock is really supposed to be).

Regardless of how it's done I'll buy it, but I can hope, can't I?

14. midnight1001

midnight1001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2011
    Halo 2 is the only halo game I haven't played so far as I don't own an original xbox and I've never played it on PC. I really hope this I released for the xbox 360 but I doubt it so no halo 2 for me I guess! :/
    Thats if this is true anyways!

15. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    I'm much more excited for Crackdown 3. I really enjoyed Crackdown and the coop was easily the best on the Xbox 360 besides saaaaay... maybe Saints row 3 and 4? Even Crackdown 2 was decent enough. The only problem is.. Xbox One. I know one of these days I'll have one (next 4-5 years) but until then *sighs* I dunno what I'd do.

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I mildly enjoyed the first Crackdown, it was a sloppy but fun game. A poor man's Prototype, which is just a poor man's inFamous. If they made a third one that wasn't shit then I guess I'd be okay with that.

Never been huge on Halo but Halo 2 was pretty good so I guess that'd be cool.

17. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I know that, I believe the Halo 2 anniversary was confirmed and if so, does it include Halo 2 multiplayer modes?