[Rumor] Disney working on Epic Mickey 2!?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here a rough translation of the news (google-translated, since I`m too lazy to do it myself
tongue.gif
):

Maybe Epic Mickey 2 in the Works

Disney may work to the action game Epic Mickey 2nd This can be found in an online survey of the publisher.

This shows four possible Disney Pack Shots of the game and asked which of them is the best. Disney also wants to know what the most appropriate title for the game would be: Epic Mickey 2: Return of the Mad Doctor, Mickey Epic 2: The Power of Two, Epic Mickey 2: Mystery on Mean Street and 2nd Epic Mickey

An official announcement for Epic Mickey 2, there is not yet - but certainly the current survey can be concluded that the development work is already underway.[/p]

epicws2.jpg

Source
Click for the Survey-Picture

This comes as a surprise for me, even though I loved the first one and also it sold pretty well (2 million units worldwide). Hopefully it`s true... Also I like the second one the most and as for the name I would simply go with Epic Mickey 2
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Dtoid-Source

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also thought the first one was just okay. I don't really know if I'd buy the second one if they made it, that is, depending on the amount added.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I also thought the first one was just okay. I don't really know if I'd buy the second one if they made it, that is, depending on the amount added.

The funny thing is, I never felt that anything needed to be added (It is a fairly meaty game considering all the endings and collectibles) but it needs improving for sure.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tonitonichopchop said:
The funny thing is, I never felt that anything needed to be added (It is a fairly meaty game considering all the endings and collectibles) but it needs improving for sure.
Yeah, the only thing I disliked was the speed of the camera. I was totally fine with how it worked but the speed was just a little slow, so for the sequel hopefully they`ll make it adjustable. But imo they could simply adapt the camera-style of Tomb Raider Anniversary for Wii
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoyed the first game, outside of Alice: Madness Returns it's probably one of my favorite current gen platformers (SMG and SMG2 were amazing but the art in Alice and Epic Mickey was much better).

All they'd need to tweak honestly is the camera and I think it'd be fine. The game itself was tons of fun and surprisingly deep for a hop-and-bop platformer.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am i the only one that didn't enjoy the first one ?

Dunno just really didn't enjoy it at all actually; i think it's because i got a bunch of games with my Wii, with notable bigger titles like MG2 and such, so maybe that occupied my time or something. Still not a bad platformer, yet i have played much much better.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1st one was ok but they didn't utilize the different paths well enough. in the end all you got was an extra lame badge, extra boss fight or boring cut scene.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i have not played epic mickey but i did feel a great hype and good reception when it came.

this would be good for the fans. i think we might have forgotten one of the first best games of this nature and that is bugs bunny lost in time. it seems cartoons do better in this category.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like Epic Mickey 1. I was pretty excited for it but after hearing bad things about it I decided to "try" it first and man I was disappointed... It has the potential to be an amazing game, I hope they can refine it and get right the things they got wrong like the frustrating controls and (IMO) the aimless wandering.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think the first one was terrible, but it felt too much like a downgrade from Mario Sunshine, only with paint instead of water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't do that he'll cry and tell you to listen to him instead