[Rumor] Disney working on Epic Mickey 2!?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Master Mo, Aug 29, 2011.

Aug 29, 2011
  1. Master Mo
    OP

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Here a rough translation of the news (google-translated, since I`m too lazy to do it myself [​IMG]):

Maybe Epic Mickey 2 in the Works

Disney may work to the action game Epic Mickey 2nd This can be found in an online survey of the publisher.

This shows four possible Disney Pack Shots of the game and asked which of them is the best. Disney also wants to know what the most appropriate title for the game would be: Epic Mickey 2: Return of the Mad Doctor, Mickey Epic 2: The Power of Two, Epic Mickey 2: Mystery on Mean Street and 2nd Epic Mickey

An official announcement for Epic Mickey 2, there is not yet - but certainly the current survey can be concluded that the development work is already underway.[/p]

[​IMG]

Source
    Click for the Survey-Picture

This comes as a surprise for me, even though I loved the first one and also it sold pretty well (2 million units worldwide). Hopefully it`s true... Also I like the second one the most and as for the name I would simply go with Epic Mickey 2 [​IMG]

EDIT: Dtoid-Source

2. Gh0sti

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    well thats awesome should hopefully be a good game, now for me to finish the first one

3. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    3rd box art with name Epic Mickey 2: Mystery on Mean Street if not just Epic Mickey 2.

Sorry, little sleepy here, where is the actual survey?

4. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Loved the first one, I hope this is true [​IMG]

I remember playing this one along with BF2, lol. What a contrast.

5. YetoJesse

Newcomer YetoJesse Advanced Member

Netherlands
    If it comes out, I'm finishing part 1 and getting it.. it's a fun-ass game XD

6. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The first game was okay in my opinion, so if they can improve on the problems with Epic Mickey 1 then I look forward to this game.

7. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    I liked loved shooting all the characters with paint thinner. [​IMG]

8. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I also thought the first one was just okay. I don't really know if I'd buy the second one if they made it, that is, depending on the amount added.

9. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The funny thing is, I never felt that anything needed to be added (It is a fairly meaty game considering all the endings and collectibles) but it needs improving for sure.

10. Master Mo
    OP

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Yeah, the only thing I disliked was the speed of the camera. I was totally fine with how it worked but the speed was just a little slow, so for the sequel hopefully they`ll make it adjustable. But imo they could simply adapt the camera-style of Tomb Raider Anniversary for Wii [​IMG]

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I really enjoyed the first game, outside of Alice: Madness Returns it's probably one of my favorite current gen platformers (SMG and SMG2 were amazing but the art in Alice and Epic Mickey was much better).

All they'd need to tweak honestly is the camera and I think it'd be fine. The game itself was tons of fun and surprisingly deep for a hop-and-bop platformer.

12. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Am i the only one that didn't enjoy the first one ?

Dunno just really didn't enjoy it at all actually; i think it's because i got a bunch of games with my Wii, with notable bigger titles like MG2 and such, so maybe that occupied my time or something. Still not a bad platformer, yet i have played much much better.

13. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    1st one was ok but they didn't utilize the different paths well enough. in the end all you got was an extra lame badge, extra boss fight or boring cut scene.

14. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i have not played epic mickey but i did feel a great hype and good reception when it came.

this would be good for the fans. i think we might have forgotten one of the first best games of this nature and that is bugs bunny lost in time. it seems cartoons do better in this category.

15. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I didn't like Epic Mickey 1. I was pretty excited for it but after hearing bad things about it I decided to "try" it first and man I was disappointed... It has the potential to be an amazing game, I hope they can refine it and get right the things they got wrong like the frustrating controls and (IMO) the aimless wandering.

16. MEGAMANTROTSKY

Member MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I didn't think the first one was terrible, but it felt too much like a downgrade from Mario Sunshine, only with paint instead of water.