Hardware [Rumor?]3DS firmware update comming March 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm it's not just bug fixes, however they are adding AUTOMATIC SECURITY UPDATES now.
Kiss goodbye to any form of 3DS hacking, with this in place they've surely won.
Silly Giratina, we'll just find a way to bypass it :P

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it possible that they can make system updates Automatic????
In the settings as i have seen u can chose weather the update of the device is automatic or manual

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If its just 'bug fixes and improve system stability', I'll crush my head on the wall.

But if the things in OP turn out to be true then... Well done Nintendo.
I can confirm it's not just bug fixes, however they are adding AUTOMATIC SECURITY UPDATES now.
Kiss goodbye to any form of 3DS hacking, with this in place they've surely won. Not that i care, I buy all my 3DS games and I'm a proud owner of a massive abundance of games!
  • Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones. This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
  • Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo eShop (DLC feature)
  • A brand new mode for the Nintendo 3DS system eShop.
  • This update will add the Nintendo Network to the 3DS
  • Enhances the speed of the handheld
  • Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
  • Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to european 3DS owners.

Nintendo Network >>>>> security updates

However automatic security updates? I think there will be a yes/no option just like SpotPass/StreetPass.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
If its just 'bug fixes and improve system stability', I'll crush my head on the wall.

Kiss goodbye to any form of 3DS hacking, with this in place they've surely won. Not that i care, I buy all my 3DS games and I'm a proud owner of a massive abundance of games!
  • Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones. This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
  • Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo eShop (DLC feature)
  • A brand new mode for the Nintendo 3DS system eShop.
  • This update will add the Nintendo Network to the 3DS
  • Enhances the speed of the handheld
  • Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
  • Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to european 3DS owners.

Nintendo Network >>>>> security updates

However automatic security updates? I think there will be a yes/no option just like SpotPass/StreetPass.
I'm glad Europe finally gets Nintendo Zone.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well this hurt my ak2i ? yes no on this update
It wouldn't 'hurt' your ak2i, it just won't work till the Acekard team releases a fix. They're usually pretty fast so that isn't something to worry about.

Acekard took a while if i remember, like a week or 2

Supercard are the quick ones with under 24 hrs

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I can understand a kind of "good-faith" agreement being broken if Nintendo did indeed say the ambassador games would hit the eshop. However...

A) They already DID break this "agreement" (Super Mario bros on the eshop)

B) there was no contract broken... no one who bought a 3ds at launch did so under the impression that they would be part of an ambassador program. So I really don't see where this sense of entitlement (no offense) people are getting is from.

C) if Nintendo DID release them to the eshop and follow the trend set by super mario bros ($5), then those 20 ambassador games total to $100... that means ambassadors got $100, $30 more than the extra money spent on the pre-price-drop 3ds... so where's all this stuff about demanding a refund coming from? Were I an ambassador, id be HAPPY to see others get to buy games I got for free.

D) Elaborating on the self-entitlement stuff... in the end, Nintendo never owed anyone the ambassador program at all, same as how Apple never owed early iPhone 1 customers the $100 store credit to make up for the price drop. It's what happens when you buy a product on the spot instead of being patient and waiting. I, for one, waited for a price drop because I knew it was coming (though I never expected it so soon). I just bought a used copy of Gears of War 3 a couple weeks ago at gamestop for $55, and when I went to gamestop yesterday, I saw it dropped to $30... does gamestop all of a sudden owe me a gift card because I chose NOT to wait a few weeks to buy GoW3? Hell no. Let the buyer beware, after all.

Look, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck when companies drop the price so quickly. But that doesn't mean that Nintendo owes you anything special when, in the end, you're the one who went out and bought it from the start, rather than waiting for the price drop that would eventually happen, even if it took a year or so longer.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo to say
when the NES games come to the eshop, the ambassador version get a FREE update the the FULL version
they also said the have NO plans to sell GBA games on the eshop (at this time)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
they totally should though... i know i would turn away from my flash cart pretty quickly if i could buy most of my classic favorites on the e shop for a few dollars, with complete stability.

ChaosX1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they totally should though... i know i would turn away from my flash cart pretty quickly if i could buy most of my classic favorites on the e shop for a few dollars, with complete stability.
When Punchout!! came out I deleted it from my flash cart :yaynds:

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*Looks at the wii, ps3, and 360 with the force to update to play games* Hackers still managed to get around that so I wouldn't say that they won yet.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this hurt my ak2i ? yes no on this update
Just make sure you update your AK before you update your 3DS. But who knows, it may be 3.0.0-7 and not even require a cart update at all. Highly unlikely, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?