Hacking Rumble Ram and GBA Expansion paks

joebloe738

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any advantages for the GBA Expansion pak over the Rumble Ram? Besides the fact it plays GBA games.

I am mainly just interested in using the browser. Also homebrew that might require some slot 2 memory.

thanks in advance

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are there any advantages for the GBA Expansion pak over the Rumble Ram? Besides the fact it plays GBA games.

I am mainly just interested in using the browser. Also homebrew that might require some slot 2 memory.

thanks in advance

More RAM is packed into the Expansion packs.

So it's gonna be faster to use them instead of the Official Opera RAM.

~Nero

joebloe738

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. But how much memory does the the Rumble Ram have? Because there is some homebrew that I would need to flash to the card.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
as far as i can tell, the rumble ram can be used only for the opera browser and homebrew which utilises temporary slot 2 ram (Like dsquake).

You won't be able to flash files to it, only to the gba expansion pack.

It probably has the same amount of ram like the opera pack... 8 megs or something?

fangames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i find some information from digimartz.com ,which shows that the rumble ram pack can play rumble ready game and go online but can't play gba game, the m3 real perfect can do all that rumble ram pack can do.
So rumble ram pack is your best choice.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so let's say that I really should have purchased the Perfect bundle with my M3DS real and that I am now regretting it. How should I rectify this? Should I get an Easy Flash V 3in1? Will I be able to load GBA games from the M3r's menu/SD card? It claims "perfect" compatibility with the official browser expansion, so am I to assume that it will work without patching? It also claims that it has the same high-speed RAM, but then only lists flash RAM and criticizes other products with SDRAM/PRAM. I read in some review that the browser had to be patched to work with the Rumble RAM or the GBA Expansion Pack. Is this true? If so, the EasyFlash V 3in1 sounds like a much better option (all three in ONE instead of a separate rumble pack and patch-free browser support with non-volatile memory for GBA games).

I do plan to buy another M3DS real for my other DS, so I think I'll get the Easy Flash V 3in1 for my white DS + white M3r (modded from Chinese) and the M3DS real perfect bundle for my black DSlite. Sound like a plan?

fangames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sound like a good idea, you can get the ezflahs 3in1 used with m3ds real , but can you turn chinese m3 real to english?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CZroe:
3in1 does not work with M3's menu for me (to load/run GBA), so I still need to use Rudolph's tool or GBALdr. SuperCard SD, M3 perfect both seem like they should load GBA (does not give exp pack errors at all) though I was only able to get M3 perfect to actually load stuff without pre-patching. Browser needs to be patched to work with M3 RAM packs (current;y? I suspect they may integrate this later).

IIRC, Divineo has the GBA pack separate at around $26USD or so (plus shipping I imagine).

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sound like a good idea, you can get the ezflahs 3in1 used with m3ds real , but can you turn chinese m3 real to english?

Yes, I modded it to support English system software.

CZroe:
3in1 does not work with M3's menu for me (to load/run GBA), so I still need to use Rudolph's tool or GBALdr. SuperCard SD, M3 perfect both seem like they should load GBA (does not give exp pack errors at all) though I was only able to get M3 perfect to actually load stuff without pre-patching. Browser needs to be patched to work with M3 RAM packs (current;y? I suspect they may integrate this later).

IIRC, Divineo has the GBA pack separate at around $26USD or so (plus shipping I imagine).

Thank you. Honestly, I want the Easy 3in1 because it is available in white to match the white M3r in the white DSl. I also have a black DSl, so I am going to get a M3r Perfect bundle for it. So, I can load my M3r's microSD full of GBA and NDS files, but to execute the GBA files I will need to flash them to the 3in1 using GBALdr or Rudolph's tool? I will not have to path the GBA ROMs to do this, right? Will I be able to execute the last GBA ROM loaded without loading again with Rudolph's tool or GBLdr?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1