OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
Love USB Loader GX... but unfortunately the latest version is having issues with the copy protection found on Rugby League 3 (PAL). My NTSC 4.2 (using the 'modify any wii 4.2' latest guide softmod) is able to play the game fine with NeoGamma R8, but if I try and play it in the latest USB Loader GX it does the 'locked to demo mode' issue that has been reported as their new copy protection. Is there any simple setting that I can enable... or will we see a patch for this issue?

Thanks.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you are using hermes v5 or wanins v250 to load the game in GX. try to load it with a IOS that doesnt not have a maxed out version number.

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
From the 'softmod your wii 4.2' article that I just installed, it uses 222 & 223 [Hermes v4], 249 & 250 [Waninkoko v19]. I select to use IOS 249. And I do have 002 enabled. It's odd though, because choosing similar settings (002 on, IOS 249, Force NTSC) works just fine in NeoGamma r8.

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
With USB Loader GX (latest update rev874) I've now tried with all my 4 cIOS load options (222 & 223 [Hermes v4], 249 & 250 [Waninkoko v19]) and all fail to give full game (they hit that 'demo mode' protection). Also always with Force NTSC (needed for my NTSC-U console), tried with VidTV Patch On and Off, with 002 on.

When using NeoGamma R8 it works with it's default settings (except video set to Wii, instead of Disc) and it's using\detecting IOS249 (rev 19)... works with no issues at all.

Thanks all for helping.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm i would have said that GX has a "wrong" 002 fix, but i checked, NeoGamma and GX both use:
*(u32 *)0x80003188 = *(u32 *)0x80003140;

Where the problem would have been explained if GX would write 0xffff as the version of the used IOS into memory

Ok, let's try to gather some facts:
If the IOS the game requests is modified in some way then the game goes into demo mode
That's all i know

I don't think that the version of the actually used IOS matters, there's no way for the game to get to know which that is. And if the game could detect it, we could get another 002 error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!