Not open for further replies.

Nerioe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk8mystery23 said:
Does anyone know if cheats work with this patch? Or if cheats even exist?

Why use cheats when you can pokesav your way to victory?

Edit: I guess thats technically considered cheating... if you get caught.

mattbraum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Which ROM are you guys using the ARM7.bin from?

Thanx

EDIT:
I got it already, I'm using the Pokémon Platinum ARM7.bin

Problem was I wasn't being able to unpack the Pokemon Platinum with the DSBuff, so couldn't extract the ARM7 from it...

But using the ARM7_FIX it worked perfectly...

Thanks anyways!

Hydrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Working 100% so far!

Using R4DS v1.18

No ysmenu or anything, just the simple old R4DS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I PMed OP about this a few days ago but didn't see any update.

Using M3DS Real with latest firmware and Sakura (4.8x and 1.47 respectively). I have all 16 badges, and beat everything including Red. No freezes after hours of gameplay. Oh, and it works fine with cheats enabled too >_>

eyesofvenus

Trophies
XP
Country
TheLordSaix said:
Thanks Rudolph great job!!!!
yaynds.gif

I tested it in R4 original with kernel 1.18 and it works perfect, but in R4Ultra doesn´t work.
R4Ultra does work as does R4i(both clones from r4ultra.com)

You need to be running latest kernel(1.55 although it will still say 1.54 on the screen), ive been playing for 21 hours now and no freezes/black screens

Here's link to latest kernel 1.55(the link on main site in broken): http://www.r4ds-ds.com/Kernel/d/en_1.55.rar

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jin303 said:
hello, so i have some question that im sure most of people also wonder about. First, it is freezing. does this new patch 100% anti freeze? or just to make it better than wut is now. I heard some people froze at 70 event or something.. is it 100% compatitble?

1) is it 100% anti freeze?
2) is it 100% compatible?
3) is it 100% no limited encounters?
4) does anyone ever froze after playing with this new patch?

thank you!!

Yes yes yes

but also depends sometime in the card

CakesOfRawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working on my no$gba. The rom crashes after a set of events. Used the code as listed in the first post and patched it and everything.

miniskulljob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weredawg said:

Using M3DS Real with latest firmware and Sakura (4.8x and 1.47 respectively). I have all 16 badges, and beat everything including Red. No freezes after hours of gameplay. Oh, and it works fine with cheats enabled too >_>

How did you do it? I have a G6DS Real that shares the same firmware (4.8x) and I can't find a way to save my progress, I keep getting the blue error screen saying something about the backup memory...

Any help would be appreciated.

mattbraum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
miniskulljob said:
Weredawg said:

How did you do it? I have a G6DS Real that shares the same firmware (4.8x) and I can't find a way to save my progress, I keep getting the blue error screen saying something about the backup memory...

Any help would be appreciated.

You have to change the ARM7.bin.
Download the ARM7_FIX here on gbatemp...
You will have 2 folders when you extract it, one called "donor" and one called "patient".
Put a Pokemon Platinum ROM on donor and your HeartGold/SoulSilver ROM on patient...
Then run the "fix" and wait, there will be a new ROM called fixed.nds on the ARM7_FIX folder, rename it the same name of your .SAV file (but with .nds and no .sav) and there you go!

Did I help?

mattbraum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Stefan330 said:
but Rupolhs AP patch makes change in the arm7.bin

Are you sure? I was having the same problem of data erasing due to corruption from time to time, so I changed the ARM7.bin using ARM7_FIX and it worked. With the Pokemon Platinum ROM... No more problems with saved data.

I use the N5 card... Just to let you guys know, may be a problem with N5 compatibility, not really sure...

miniskulljob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mattbraum said:
You have to change the ARM7.bin.
Download the ARM7_FIX here on gbatemp...
You will have 2 folders when you extract it, one called "donor" and one called "patient".
Put a Pokemon Platinum ROM on donor and your HeartGold/SoulSilver ROM on patient...
Then run the "fix" and wait, there will be a new ROM called fixed.nds on the ARM7_FIX folder, rename it the same name of your .SAV file (but with .nds and no .sav) and there you go!

Did I help?

Yes! Thank you very much! Hope this helps everyone else having the same problem as I had =)

Stefan330

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the AP patch makes changes but i think it was not AP changes also the arm7 fix could working

Can somewhere give me a link to the Arm7_fix?

mattbraum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
miniskulljob said:
Yes! Thank you very much! Hope this helps everyone else having the same problem as I had =)
You're welcome, I was having the same trouble and I know how desperating and frustrating it is!

QUOTE(Stefan330 @ Apr 1 2010, 01:25 PM) Yes the AP patch makes changes but i think it was not AP changes also the arm7 fix could working
I am not sure that the patcher changes the ARM7.bin
But I think there's a lot of people having this problem before using ARM7_FIX, so, if Rudolph's patcher was to fix it, I don't think we would have this data corruption...

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tried this on my friends r4 and all i get is white screens is this normal, its a genuine r4 with ysmenu. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY