ROM Hack Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortelle

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using an M3 Simply card with R4 1.18 and my game freezes after ~20 minutes of gameplay. Is it because it's not an original R4-card?
I'm asking since the first post seems to list both R4 and M3 Simply as 100% working.

Oh, and it seems like I can't withdraw any of the money my mom is saving for me :(

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just wondering, so the patched file is just the .nds file and the .bak is the original one, correct?

Because the patch just created a .bak file, and did not rename the .nds file to patched etc.

So I assumed it didn't rename it, however it did patch it.

Could anyone confirm that the .NDS file is the patched one, and even though it wasn't renamed / trimmed it is patched?

Ryogure

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just confirming: R4SDHC with Kernel 1.34 100% working with this patch.

Played for eight hours, no freezes, no crashes and no problems with save data after restarting the DS.

dq9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryogure said:

Played for eight hours, no freezes, no crashes and no problems with save data after restarting the DS.

I can't get it to work with the same specs. Can you help? Can someone help? I've asked for help four times now and no one has helped me at all.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
I'm just wondering, so the patched file is just the .nds file and the .bak is the original one, correct?

Because the patch just created a .bak file, and did not rename the .nds file to patched etc.

So I assumed it didn't rename it, however it did patch it.

Could anyone confirm that the .NDS file is the patched one, and even though it wasn't renamed / trimmed it is patched?

Yeap, if you look at the file, you can see the date it was modified change to the date of your patching. the .bak file is as you said, the backup.

QUOTE(immortelle @ Apr 2 2010, 12:18 PM) I'm using an M3 Simply card with R4 1.18 and my game freezes after ~20 minutes of gameplay. Is it because it's not an original R4-card?
I'm asking since the first post seems to list both R4 and M3 Simply as 100% working.

Oh, and it seems like I can't withdraw any of the money my mom is saving for me
frown.gif

Did you use the .nds file or the .bak file? Many people claim the patch does not work due to them renaming the .bak file...
If you used the .nds file and it's still not working, maybe just format your card (backup everything first!!!) and then try installing the firmware again and try playing.
Good luck
I

lolumadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working for me, I did everything, and it still freezes past the third gym leader when I try to save.

Anyone know what the problem is?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
lolumadd said:
It's not working for me, I did everything, and it still freezes past the third gym leader when I try to save.

Anyone know what the problem is?
u mad?

What flashcart are you using? Also, please remember the file you need to copy to the Micro SD is the one with the .nds entension. The one with the .bak entension is a backup of the ROM before it was patched.

kurtisboyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great... I bought an Acekard 2i just because this game didn't work on my M3 Simply.

Oh well, it was only $12 and at least now I've got the latest and greatest card
tongue.gif

CakesOfRawr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with no$gba. I get "rom-image crashed." I patched it, and ran the code. Is there anything else I need, like no$zoomer?

Ryogure

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
dq9 said:
Ryogure said:

I can't get it to work with the same specs. Can you help? Can someone help? I've asked for help four times now and no one has helped me at all.

Depends. there are multiple kinds of SDHC.

The kernel I use on mine is this one: R4 SDHC Kernel upgrades to v1.34?2010-03-25?, english one to be more precise.

If you have a different SDHC (or a SDHCi) dunno if it will work.

I use the US version rom, using the V2 of this patch, nothing else. (No YSMENU, no AR codes, etc)

dq9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryogure said:
dq9 said:
Ryogure said:

Depends. there are multiple kinds of SDHC.

The kernel I use on mine is this one: R4 SDHC Kernel upgrades to v1.34?2010-03-25?, english one to be more precise.

If you have a different SDHC (or a SDHCi) dunno if it will work.

I use the US version rom, using the V2 of this patch, nothing else. (No YSMENU, no AR codes, etc)

I run the R4 SDHC v1.34 [2010-03-25] and English version. US rom and V2 patch.

kungi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch works great with ttdsi-a12 w/ ysmenu. Question is there a way to get the cheats running on a patched game, or do they only show up in the clean roms?

OddShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kungi said:
Patch works great with ttdsi-a12 w/ ysmenu. Question is there a way to get the cheats running on a patched game, or do they only show up in the clean roms?
That's weird, most of cheats works for me with Rudolph's fix v2. And if cheats don't show up, it's not normal cause the fix is not supposed to change game id.

kungi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OddShadow said:
kungi said:
That's weird, most of cheats works for me with Rudolph's fix v2. And if cheats don't show up, it's not normal cause the fix is not supposed to change game id.
Hmm i know the cheats were working before i tried patching, but once i patched it using the jap translation patch, didn't show, then for Rudolf's, i got a clean rom and patched it but still didn't show. Maybe its my user-cheat that is out-of-date. Any chance anyone has a updated one? been trying to for a topic about it but no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E