OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a problem with this for a while now and noticed the same thing happening with Platinum.

Every time I try to rip my save, be it from Diamond or Platinum, it rips the backup (256kb) save. I don't know why it goes for that over the primary (512kb) save, but it's been doing this ever since I've had them. The same happens with his WiFi tool as well as the other one that's not by him.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

EDIT: Dang, I guess I can't edit the topic. Need that apostrophe in there!

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, he's saying that it's ripping only 1/2 of the save.
The same thing's happening with my Platinum, even though it should use a 1MB save. It only gives me 256KB.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it would only rip half of the save. I think it's just the save format. You can change the save type to 512 in the text configuration file, otherwise you'll have to use that converter that Splych linked to.

If you still think it's only ripping 1/2 of the save, then you could try to use SavSender. Here's a guide on how to do that: http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SavSender. It's not too hard, and you should be able to figure it out.

AlexMoron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
AlexMoron said:
I've used that in addition to both Rudolph applications. For both my Diamond and Platinum, it only rips the FLASH 2M 256kb save.
Did you convert it? Try going to that website and convert it from RAW format to RAW force 512. See if that works.
That doesn't solve much, though. What it's doing is ripping my backup save, so the second to last time I saved. Converting it would just fill the rest of the file with a buffer to make it 512kb. Restoring the save back wouldn't work because it would need to be 256kb and even if I did restore that one back, it would still be the backup and would not affect my main game save at all, effectively doing nothing.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's just ripping the backup save, why not save twice? Then backup and main save would be identical and you would get the file with all the progress you need saved.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I made a topic on how to restore your Pokemon Platinum Save file back to the retail one

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...p;#entry1893397

you need to re-save it as a RAW. converting it will contaminate the save file which the retail will not recognize. use a flashcart that can fill up until it is 1MB and use pokesav to resave it as a RAW

it doesnt matter when it's 256KB as the retail cart has save protection.

Regards,
Chris

PS: Dont flame me with this as I dont know how the new save file works on Platinum

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
clubecgr said:
I made a topic on how to restore your Pokemon Platinum Save file back to the retail one

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...p;#entry1893397

you need to re-save it as a RAW. converting it will contaminate the save file which the retail will not recognize. use a flashcart that can fill up until it is 1MB and use pokesav to resave it as a RAW

it doesnt matter when it's 256KB as the retail cart has save protection.

Regards,
Chris

PS: Dont flame me with this as I dont know how the new save file works on Platinum
If it's restoring to the backup position he can just poweroff while he's saving. Then he can restore to backup and when he turns platinum on it'll say the save file is corrupt and the backup will be loaded. As a side note I THINK you should move pokemon around in the boxes before each save. Then it will say 'saving a lot of data' and you can be sure these are full saves.

And yes make sure the save you ripped is WORKING because stunts like these can easily leave you without a save on your plat cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8