Not open for further replies.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gisel213 said:
You took me seriously wow i was just having some fun here didnt u see my last line qouting smith from the
crappy matrix.... this thread is pointless in the end Normmatt will do what he wants with his hardwork nuff
said he made the statement that AKAIO is dead... why press buttons any further....

I think most of us are trying to encourage Normmatt to continue by showing how much we care and love all the work he has done and showing him that it would be a pity to stop now, after all the work and effort that he's put into making AKAIO the great firmware that it is.
It is the best firmware and it would be a god damn shame if it would stop.

Normmatt I understand your hate towards R4 and clones. Especially because people are actually supporting these clones which is not good, since this is what clone manufacterers want and this way clones will only grow larger on the flashcart market, which is a damn shame.
I honestly do not understand how people can support clone cards, do they actually want clone cards to take over the market, are they F***ing out of their god damn minds?!

I also understand that a programmer doesn't like his code being used and altered without permission from said programmer and especially when it's being used to make god damn clone cards work better. People should know better and stop the support on clone cards and stop buying these crappy trashcanunworthy (Yes, they aren't even worthy of my trashcan, my trashcan is superior to the clones and does not like being contaminated with it.) fagcarts.

I just want you to know that there's a major support group behind you and we don't want AKAIO to die on us.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
delpickko said:
I just want you to know that there's a major support group behind you and we don't want AKAIO to die on us.

More like a group of whiny teenage misfits who are scared shitless that their precious Acekards are basically worthless pieces of shit now.

Normatt and his team were the only thing AK had going for it, so everyone is crying the blues now. Snap out of it, folks. It's a fucking piece of plastic. What did you pay for it? Less than the price of a real game? Fuck!

Looks like my decision to return the 3 POS AK2.1 cards that I had was the best decision I could have made.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
delpickko said:

More like a group of whiny teenage misfits who are scared shitless that their precious Acekards are basically worthless pieces of shit now.

Normatt and his team were the only thing AK had going for it, so everyone is crying the blues now. Snap out of it, folks. It's a fucking piece of plastic. What did you pay for it? Less than the price of a real game? Fuck!

Looks like my decision to return the 3 POS AK2.1 cards that I had was the best decision I could have made.

That's...actually really rude. Calling us "whiny, misfit teenagers"? Where the heck did that come from? We can't support the currently best team out there? They have the best support, on the cheapest card you can buy. Many, many of us find it better then even the M3i. What we paid for it means nothing. I think I speak for everyone when I say we aren't scared, it's just more of a damn shame if they let this bring them down.

And no, "Normatt and his team" weren't the only thing the Acekard had going for it. It's still widely regarded as the best, current DS/DSi flashcard. Cyclo lost that. Supercard never had it. Don't even talk about the R4. M3i Zero is the only real "contender" for it. And it's a crapload more expensive. Get off your high horse. Noob.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Logically yes.
lecture.gif

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
It's still widely regarded as the best, current DS/DSi flashcard.

Apparently you are in denial.

Acekard is dead. The combination of a rash of defective carts (no saves) and the death of AKAIO makes the Acekard, by far, the worst flashcart option going right now.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cogitech said:
shinkukage09 said:
It's still widely regarded as the best, current DS/DSi flashcard.

Apparently you are in denial.

Acekard is dead. The combination of a rash of defective carts and the death of AKAIO makes the Acekard, by far, the worst flashcart option going right now.
Not exactly. Even without AKAIO, Acekard is still better than anything with R4 printed on it.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:
Not exactly. Even without AKAIO, Acekard is still better than anything with R4 printed on it.

Really? Ask all the people who recently received AK2.1 carts. The only way they work is to go back to an ancient official FW. Useless. Period.

Meanwhile, people are running AKAIO 1.5.1 on R4 clones...

Am I the only one who sees the irony? No wonder Norm threw in the towel.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
Depravo said:

Really? Ask all the people who recently received AK2.1 carts. The only way they work is to go back to an ancient official FW. Useless. Period.

Uh, yes. That's because the Acekard 2.1's are outdated now. The 2i is meant for BOTH. Plus, newer AKAIO and Acekard versions only RUN on the 2i. It's been SAID by AKAIO and the Acekard team multiple times now. Just because people are too stupid to just get a card that's the same price, newer, and OBVIOUSLY going to be better supported. Besides, until Normmatt actually SAYS for 100% certainy that AKAIO is dead, THEN you can talk. But the Acekard is STILL the best for the price and features.

I think it's you who is in denial, not us.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see. So AK keeps making the 2.1 carts and places keep selling tons of them, despite that fact that "everyone knows" they don't run recent code?

WTF?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
I see. So AK keeps making the 2.1 carts and places keep selling tons of them, despite that fact that "everyone knows" they don't run recent code?

WTF?

I actually think it may be that the places just have surplus of them, and people are starting buy them again for some odd reason(I honestly don't know why 2.1's have started selling again...)...

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:

WTF?
Why don't you just punch yourself in the face for all of us, huh? On-Topic: I certainly hope AKAIO isn't dead. I hate the Official FW.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
And no, "Normatt and his team" weren't the only thing the Acekard had going for it. It's still widely regarded as the best, current DS/DSi flashcard. Cyclo lost that.

How has Cyclo lost it exactly? With AKAIO, Acekard only had faster support than the Cyclo. That's all. Without AKAIO how, in any way, is it better than the Cyclo?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also the fact that almost every current flashcard can do what the Cyclo can, for cheaper and better. The Cyclo lost this time. As for the Acekard, it's both cheaper AND has better support.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hypershad12 said:
Why don't you just punch yourself in the face for all of us, huh?

Spoken like a true 12-year-old fanboy.

Punch myself in the face because you all can't handle the fact that your $10 AK isn't the fucking Holy Grail that you all think it is?

Hilarious.

zcmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
cogitech said:
Depravo said:

Uh, yes. That's because the Acekard 2.1's are outdated now. The 2i is meant for BOTH. Plus, newer AKAIO and Acekard versions only RUN on the 2i. It's been SAID by AKAIO and the Acekard team multiple times now. Just because people are too stupid to just get a card that's the same price, newer, and OBVIOUSLY going to be better supported. Besides, until Normmatt actually SAYS for 100% certainy that AKAIO is dead, THEN you can talk. But the Acekard is STILL the best for the price and features.

I think it's you who is in denial, not us.

Seems odd that information like this wouldn't be in the wiki. Or that the most recent loaders page would say AK2/AK2i loader instead of just AK2i loader. Do you have a reference? I'm sorry that we're too stupid to read these old forum posts that might have referenced this.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
There's also the fact that almost every current flashcard can do what the Cyclo can, for cheaper and better. The Cyclo lost this time. As for the Acekard, it's both cheaper AND has better support.

Yes, cheaper but also no extra features.
And I thought we were talking about Acekard without AKAIO, so please review that part about better support.
Even with AKAIO, it's not necessarily better as it is faster.

Speaking of extra features, it's true that many carts have caught up (it's arguable if they do it better, though) but Cyclo still has homebrew soft-reset and the new stealth mode. I don't know of any cart that has homebrew soft-reset (but I may be wrong) and only the new SC firmware will have something similar to stealth mode.

Of course, these two don't necessarily motivate the extra price, but for me is the overall quality that does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum