Gaming RPGs with battle systems that aren't turn-based

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just like the title says, list some RPGs with battle systems that aren't turn-based, be they rythym-based, real-time or anything else. GBA games (or anything I can play on my DS, really) would be cool too. Also, my touchscreen inverts colours and makes things hard to see, so anything primarily focused on the top screen would be nice too. Thanks!

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sword Of Mana (action RPG)
Summon Night 1 & 2 (action RPG)
FF:CC RoF (action RPG)

Can't think of anymore
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

Unchi-san said:
Soma Bringer
World Ends With You

both are very very good.
Yeah, but TWEWY is focused on the touchscreen. Dunno about Soma Bringer.

Phantom Hourglass is not and RPG but I would still recommend it... then again you've probably already played it
unsure.gif

Have you tried Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? That's a fairly good game
smile.gif

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If the touchscreen in TWEWY is just for controls and stuff and doesn't require me being able to read anything it might be okay. I couldn't play Phantom Hourglass due to everything being so distorted. Soma bringer looked fun but there was too much (unranslated) text for me to bother with. I'll try out the others and see what I think...

D

Deleted User

skroooagh said:
If the touchscreen in TWEWY is just for controls and stuff and doesn't require me being able to read anything it might be okay. I couldn't play Phantom Hourglass due to everything being so distorted. Soma bringer looked fun but there was too much (unranslated) text for me to bother with. I'll try out the others and see what I think...
TWEWY's bottom screen you use to drag the player around

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
skroooagh said:
TWEWY's bottom screen you use to drag the player around
The text is usually on the top screen (mainly the dialogue), but most gameplay is on the touchscreen.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some others that haven't been mentioned yet:

Dungeon Explorer
Lunar Knights
Children of Mana
From the Abyss
Contact

Debatable Whether these are RPG's, but they kinda fit what you're asking for:

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Eragon
Custom Robo Arena
Spectrobes

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
stratton_865 said:
Kingdom Hearts (once it comes out)
Chain of Memories.
he's talking about kingdom hearts 358/2
a KH DS game about the time while sora is still recovering his memories he lost in kingdom hearts chain of memories.

kingdom hearts chain of memories is a nice GBA game, but i heard it's a big one.
so it has to be loaded in NOR ram (don't know for sure, i bought mine)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some slot-2 cards require NOR mode for these 32MB games (yes KH COM is 32MB). My 3-in-1 does it in NOR. I thought I saw one that lets you do PSRAM for the 32MB games, but I could be wrong.

Chain of Memories used a card battle system for fighting. It was clunky and required some learning, but was still pretty fun. KH 358/2 Days appears to use the classic KH gameplay.

Revenant Wings is more of an RTS than a turned base RPG. So is Heroes of Mana. Children of Mana is a hack-n-slash RPG that I personally enjoy. Many people didn't like it, but I did. If I remember any more non-turnbased RPG's, I'll say them.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
So basically you want ACTION RPGs?

Not necessarily - just RPGs that don't revolve around turn-based battles. I was thinking of the battle system in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga when I made this thread, but anything goes. I'll definitely be checking out everything in this thread. That being said, I enjoyed Shining Soul 2 - are there any hack-and-slash games that can compete?

Also, I own the 3-in-1 so NOR isn't an issue. Thanks all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1