Hacking ROMS played through Flashcart vs. The real Game

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm new to NDS and I'm thinking of getting this (M3Real) Flashcart. Is there a difference between the real game played off of the original cartridge VS. Rom being played from the Flashcart.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fluid said:
I'm new to NDS and I'm thinking of getting this (M3Real) Flashcart. Is there a difference between the real game played off of the original cartridge VS. Rom being played from the Flashcart.

Usually not. If you use a slow microSD card some games might have minor lags and a few may crash. I recommend a class 6 card. If you get that you won't notice a difference 99% of the time.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long as your microSD card is of sufficient speed there should be little-to-no noticable difference in the gameplay of an original store-bought game, and a backup running from a flashcart.

@Perseid: Jinx

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well with the flashcart you can do everything the game can do plus some like Real Time Save and cheats for the games and you cant forget your getting the games for free them and thats a good 30 to 40 bucks you save per game.Also you can put emulators on the m3 and use it to play gb,gbc,nes and more roms for free on your ds and if you get the gba exp pack you can play gba games too and also have rts and cheats for them.

Also you can listen to music,put pics and look at pics on your ds and watch videos on it.So yea i would suggest getting it xD

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I recommend buying the M3 Real though you don't really need a class 6 because when I first got mine I got a 2gb sandisk microSD and it was fine but now I have a 4gb class2 sandisk microSDHC and its fine (gonna get an 8gb class 6 though
ohmy.gif
). As for playing real games you can store a bunch without lugging around 20 games as I used to do. Though its illegal to download ROM's that you dont own but if you download ones you own then its all good, but basically every one pirates. M3 real firmware is good but sakura is better, though sakura doenst have auto dldi patching for homebrew you can get the triplebooter.

All summed up get an M3 Real in my opinion its the best flashcart around.

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PettingZoo said:
Yeah, I recommend buying the M3 Real though you don't really need a class 6 because when I first got mine I got a 2gb sandisk microSD and it was fine but now I have a 4gb class2 sandisk microSDHC and its fine (gonna get an 8gb class 6 though
ohmy.gif
). As for playing real games you can store a bunch without lugging around 20 games as I used to do. Though its illegal to download ROM's that you dont own but if you download ones you own then its all good, but basically every one pirates. M3 real firmware is good but sakura is better, though sakura doenst have auto dldi patching for homebrew you can get the triplebooter.

You've re-affirmed my research that the M3 Real is the best way to go.

The Micro SD card I have is a 4GB class 4 kingston.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
fluid said:
PettingZoo said:
ohmy.gif

Your welcome, when I first found out about flashcarts for DS I saw the Supercard DS ONE last year but couldnt be bothered buying it, then last month I thought about getting an R4 but then I did my research then found the M3 Real was my best option.
Also when using M3 Real firmware Ive noticed if you dont have much space left on your microSD then it will lag a bit, but not on sakura so download the triple booter.

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i recommend the triple booter. its great. Also M3 products are always great and reliable. they also offer alot of support for their products

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make sure to get a fast MicroSD.

Even then, load times ARE longer than on the original ROM. But only by moments...

fluid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Untouchable757 said:
yeah i recommend the triple booter. its great. Also M3 products are always great and reliable. they also offer alot of support for their products

Okay...Noob here. What is the "triple booter"

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah... why an M3? Try something newer and better... but I guess it can't hurt.

As for ROM vs original card, I have several original cards, and unless I'm mistaken, they are exactly the same as the ROMs that I downloaded.

Although some people say that a few may crash, don't let this get to you... this is VERY rare, and I assure you there's no difference at all
smile.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In some cases, saving is faster on flashcarts than actual cartridges, but not by any significant amount.

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fluid said:
Untouchable757 said:

Okay...Noob here. What is the "triple booter"

Its a system file you put on the m3 that lets you choose what system file to boot up which is the M3 Firmware,Sakura Firmware or iTouchDS so its basely letting you choose what to load up which is useful when you need one or the other for something.

Link to download

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3562

Also Hehe Moo M3 Real is one of the best flashcarts out right now and with support from the m3 team it just gets better and better
biggrin.gif

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, to clarify, Sakura is a new firmware that's sort-of being developed by M3, on top of the original firmware. It's a heck of a lot nicer though, despite the fact that it can't run most homebrew.

The triple booter allows you to enjoy that benefit while being able to fall back easily on the original firmware or the iTouch firmware (from another, cheaper M3 card), which have rts and better homebrew compatibility respectively.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
fluid said:

Yes, and no, i'd also pinpoint CycloDS, sorry, i love the M3real with triple booter awfully much, BUT:

By perspective of acting like REAL GAME: cyclo can at moment link to TWO wii titles that can be linked with wii, something no OTHE flashcart has (yet) done.
M3Real needs in some games a option to be put on for download play to work.

That was the BIG list, but m3 real is smooth, and cheaper that cyclo. Nothing really can beat cyclo much, but Sakura has won "UI of the Universe" -contest - cyclo has "good" but not so great UI...

M3Real is GREAT choice, my post was a pinpoint on some thing M3 real CAN'T act like real cart, and second one was a mere Slow down in process, than a lack.

I am proud owner of both Flashcarts, CycloDS and M3 Real, and at moment, cyclo is "borrowing to any friend who wants it" Cart and m3 real my personal use cart. Quoting Movie Troll 2: "M3 sakura!? OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!!!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?