IsSuE_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Your Linux build is sorta screwed. On the initial startup it wont let you choose you rom dir. When you finally run the programm all sizes are screwed, making it hard to read anything. could you prolly fix that?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Your Linux build is sorta screwed. On the initial startup it wont let you choose you rom dir. When you finally run the programm all sizes are screwed, making it hard to read anything. could you prolly fix that?

I know -- I found that problem as well where it won't let you choose the directory initially -- all fixed for v5. All of the sizing information has been recoded in v5 so it handles a lot smoother now.

I've also redone the whole initial setup process -- It looks a lot nicer now
biggrin.gif

--Henry

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm stuck trying to get Rominator to work on Kubuntu, any tips? I've extracted the .gz file, but when I click the Rominator_Linux executable file, PyPar2 opens instead, very odd.

hocuspocus2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
hank~ you might want to edit your original post to let people know the program is not fully working... theres 70 pages of post now i really doubt anyone will read through all of it... anyways i get the same nilobject error when trying to add a roms folder. and app crashes anytime it tries to identify a rom. running on winxp sp2.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
hank~ you might want to edit your original post to let people know the program is not fully working... theres 70 pages of post now i really doubt anyone will read through all of it... anyways i get the same nilobject error when trying to add a roms folder. and app crashes anytime it tries to identify a rom. running on winxp sp2.

Let me guess, you're using Zip files, right?

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this has been asked, but I think its rather impossible for me to shift through 70 pages, lol. I love the program, I'm wondering if its posible to manually update the database so we don't have to wait for you to update? Just wondering, not requesting. Great program
biggrin.gif
Thanks again.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this has been asked, but I think its rather impossible for me to shift through 70 pages, lol. I love the program, I'm wondering if its posible to manually update the database so we don't have to wait for you to update? Just wondering, not requesting. Great program
biggrin.gif
Thanks again.
I'd assume that would make problems the next time you tried to update.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm you're probably right. I was thinking it would just overwrite it if I did choose to update the file. I guess it isn't though *looked through the files in the appdata folder, couldn't really find a way to update it*

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Allright, let's make life easy: If you're interested in participating in the beta, then as a formality, I'll need you to fill out this form. None of the information given to be will be shared in any way. Please send this to henry[-at-]hankchill[-dot-]com -- This is much easier than PM's
smile.gif

1) Name and Email Address:

2) What OS do you plan to do testing on?

3) How long have you been using Rominator?

4) What is the main thing you like about Rominator?

5) Why would you like to become a beta tester for v5?

6) By wanting to take part in the beta, you agree to accept the risk and responsibility of using beta software, that there still may be bugs in there. Although it may be unstable, there isn't much of a chance that it will affect your system, as zero system files are modified. You also agree to a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement), meaning that any features available in the beta cannot be disclosed or distributed, nor the actual software itself. Do you accept?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, found a really nasty bug during coding, I believe it exists in the current build of Rominator: If you transfer multiple games to a flash card of different formats (eg, if 1 game in a .nds game and the other is a .rz game), if the .rz game transfers first, then EVERY .nds game that transfers afterwards will be DELETED from your hard drive.

Just a warning, surprised nobody found this before. Either way, I'm still crunching away at the recoding, here's what I've done so far:
• More compact window.
- Game list now shows available space, instead of needing to be in the list to see
- Details were removed from the main window, now in a separate floating window
- Got rid of all buttons across bottom, replaced by popup menu button
• Box Art no longer stored in a database, now stored as JPG's, so you can use your own
• Save Files no longer stored in database, stored as individual files
• Data now resides in same folder as Rominator. This makes Rominator 100% portable
• Flash cards are now automatically detected and mounted
• Find field only shows upon command (Command+F, or Ctrl+F), in the bottom corner
• Save Utility now a floating window (for Windows) and a drawer (for Mac), and is much smaller than the bulky one.
• Transferring window is now in a separate floating dialog (for Windows) and a sheet window (for Mac)
• Pressing the 'Backspace' or 'Delete' key when hilighting Roms will remove from the list, instead of having to choose it.
• Initial Setup process is MUCH smoother, and prettier too!
• Settings Window has been redone to be smaller and more compact
• Due to the compactness of Rominator now, Skins had to be removed
• Message Bar plays a MUCH bigger part now, and is a LOT more noticable
• No longer required the game to be in the database to trim it down. If I haven't released an update yet, and you want to trim your game, it'll take the internal trim size of the game to trim.
• Multiple Bug Fixes

I hope to have something ready for beta testers soon. I haven't chose the testers yet, but I will choose 6 people total. 2 Mac, 2 Windows, 2 Linux. I'll choose the testers when I have a beta build.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope I get picked for the beta, ive both mac and windows but hope I get vista version as thats where I keep my roms. Plus are you just picking vista as the supported platform or are you gona have 2 people for each revision of windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries