Hacking Rom Injector for VC Titles

hemanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far I've tried crusin the world, wave race, s&p, zelda oot, pokemon snap. All of them have access denied when I open them in WadTool.

Is there supposed to be something in the blanks in wadtool? that's the only thing I can see that might be wrong...

hemanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its windows
frown.gif

It needs to have admin priviledges for all of the programs at once (not sure how to do this), but I have to go to the store before everybody closes for golden week. I'll have to try and fix it later >.>

....and I still get header too big >.<

still having "wad header too big" issues, but now the des files are ending up in the folder above the one i'm working in. the one i'm working in is inside the root of the drive, so I can move that. if there's a fix for that or some kind of work around, that would be sweet.

Even when I move the des files after they are made, there's 8 of em (0-7), it says it can't find the last one, even though there's only those 8 >.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
creffca said:
spiritofcat said:
Well, if it freezes after the class controller screen it means that ROM is not compatible. The process did succeed though, so try a new rom.
Care to suggest a rom that you know to be compatible? (Full name, or MD5 hash please)
Every rom I've tried has done this to me.
I've been trying with Mario Allstars + World because it's one that I know stev418 has successfully injected.
I've even tried injecting a DKC2 rom into the DKC2 WAD and it failed in the same way.
It's a PAL Wii I'm trying to get it to work on if that's of any consequence.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
f-zero X is already an official VC channel, you dont need to inject it

Hmm last time I checked, only the PAL version was out. I want NTSC, pal is junk and more than likely won't work for me.

quocdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stev418 said:
Well Der Langrisser (1.1 translation) injected into DKC 2 works perfectly for me
smile.gif
although I do most of it manually with hex editor. I remove rom header if preset, pad rom to 4194304 bytes, and inject at offset 0x0c0800 in DKC2, then rename channel in 00000000.app and correct SHA1 hashes in .tmd file. Also change ID in .tik and .tmd

Out of all the SNES roms ive tried the only snes roms that havent worked are, Super Mario RPG and Kirby's Dreamland 3 (both SA-1), terranigma (no sound) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (random crashes?)

If you have a NTSC wii, make sure you're using the NTSC version of DKC2
Did you try to inject Der Langrisser using Injectuwad? In both the original version 1.0 and 1.1 and even the English translated version, the game seems to be fine. However, the background music is kinda messed up right during the first mission, everything else seems kinda perfect though. Could you try it out and let me know please? Thanks in advance.

Btw, is it possible to inject PAL roms to NTSC host wads? For example, I tried to inject Terranigma (PAL) to DKC2 (NTSC) wad. It booted just fine but it says the system is not supported. I guess it's because Terranigma is region-locked, isn't it? I tried to use some programs (uCON, SnesTool, etc...) to fix the protection but to no avail. Ah, can we use freethewads to convert the wad created with PAL host wads to play on NTSC?

Any idea?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
stev418 said:
Well Der Langrisser (1.1 translation) injected into DKC 2 works perfectly for me
smile.gif
although I do most of it manually with hex editor. I remove rom header if preset, pad rom to 4194304 bytes, and inject at offset 0x0c0800 in DKC2, then rename channel in 00000000.app and correct SHA1 hashes in .tmd file. Also change ID in .tik and .tmd

Out of all the SNES roms ive tried the only snes roms that havent worked are, Super Mario RPG and Kirby's Dreamland 3 (both SA-1), terranigma (no sound) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (random crashes?)

If you have a NTSC wii, make sure you're using the NTSC version of DKC2

You keep saying 'Game X works perfectly for me'
You made a vague thread providing all the tools and halfheartedly wrote down how to do it.
Here again you boast 'Game X works perfectly for me'.
You stated in the other thread the 'Bahamut Lagoon works perfectly for me with PAL DKC2' yet your not in a position to provide a more indepth 'how to'. ie. Padding rom to xxxx bytes.

I've requested it via the thread and via PM - both went ignored.

At least help those out who have problems with the auto injector instead of bragging about it.

Thanks

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
anyone else notice the the 00000005.app file actually contains the rom date twice?? anyone know why this may be the case?

I was wondering that myself. For the most part, you only find double rom data inside of snes VC channels. along with some of the game's sound effects included as PCM data. However, the rom data is not exactly the same, and contains a few differences. I was poking around The Legend of the Mystical Ninja and I found that in a certain section of the two rom files, there was quite a few differences. It looked something like this:

mysticalninjahex.jpg

I see the text "PCM" noted quite a few times, so I think it has something to do with the .PCM file contained in the APP file. To further test my theory, I opened JAZE.rom in Zsnes, and the audio was screwed up, while SNSGG0.024 played perfectly (and had a good checksum to boot).

Also, most N64 include a large amount of .T64 inside of their 00000005.app files, for example, Sin and Punishment contains more than 300. I'm assuming that the .T64 files are textures, though why the game needs external textures is beyond me.

I'm thinking that the Wii virtual console is hardly a perfect emulator, and needs game specific hacks in order to get perfect compatability with every game they release.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a step by step, no shortcuts, no "I assume you already know how to do this so i wont even bother explaining it" tutorial out there on how to use this?

MightyMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a lurker for a while and have been following this thread.
I've been trying to inject pilotwings64 into s&p.

I was also having the -4100 error, but when I ran the exact same batch file on my dad's computer (I'm running XP, he's running vista btw) it installed fine. I'd recommend trying it on different computers if you can.

koppernicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
creffca said:
More and more 4100 errors popping up. At this point I just don't understand, everything works smoothly on my system.

For those of you getting 1022 errors:
Make sure you have the correct common-key.bin in your install folder. I just purposely corrupted my key and the result was the tools completed successfully, but the install would 1022.

hi i'm getting this error, but i'm not installing using the TP hack. I'm using a gamedisc someone made using WiiPlay. I just put in Wiiplay and it starts up the WAD installer.

I insert my SD card with a /WAD folder with my WADs inside, and they all install.

everything's been going smoothly till i removed one of the games and reinstalled a different version of it. now i get the -1022 error.

i think its because i didn't uninstall the original WAD correctly; or could it be something else?

i have no idea what you mean by common-key.bin or install folder. all i have is a WAD folder to hold my WADs and this seemed to work fine till now..

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ajax said:
I'm thinking that the Wii virtual console is hardly a perfect emulator, and needs game specific hacks in order to get perfect compatability with every game they release.

Yes i think so too, and i guess thats the reason. why they need so long to bring new N64 titles to the VC.
When i see the Injection Compatibilty List for N64 Games that theory gets one more proof.
It seems the emulate only critical parts and the rest is simulated or replaced by other technics.

Techniclewise that official N64 emu is a pice of shit but the Enduser who legaly download and play the games wont notice that.
The game runs 99% like on the real N64 so it does not matter how they did that.

What i realy dont understand and what a real shame is, why is nintendo not able to emulate a simple feature like mempak save for games like mario kart 64?.
With that they cut for many players a important feature from the game. I call that very lazy!
lecture.gif

To play most of the N64 games on Wii we should wait until a free emulator like muppen comes out.
What i hate on emulators like that is, yo have to many things to adjust before playing.
Nintendos emulator just startsn the game, it looks like on real machine and thats it.
On free Emulators you have a option menu for filters, timings and stuff. To experience the real game, that is not needed on a Wii. (on PC is okay to have many option because ppl want to play with them)

SNES9X on Wii is a good example, even it is no n64 emu. it has many options and it still has crappy picture output and crappy sound!

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still think the -4100 error are comming from the windows XP installation,
because I always get an Bad wad when i create it on my laptop, but when I copy the directory to a VMware session with a clean windows XP sp2 OS (only the common-key in de autoinject directory, no .wii dir in my doc & setting folder) It creates a perfect wad so it has something to do with windows. I tried to figure out what could be the cause but from with no luck.
Perhaps It could be something with Dotnet. I'll will try to uninstal it en reinstall with the same version on my vmware XP

Maybe someone else could try to install Winxp in a vwmare session or virtual PC session and post what the results are.

Grtz

issraar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi could sum1 plz help
I type in rom name wad name yadayadayada
then the wad packer shows up i select my wad and it creates a folder and sum dec files now what do i do.
cud sum1 plz help

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fire-WSP said:
SNES9X on Wii is a good example, even it is no n64 emu. it has many options and it still has crappy picture output and crappy sound!
I suggest you look into SNES9x GX 005. Has an original mode output that looks just like the real deal.

perpetualskeptic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I need some suggestions, if anybody has any. I used autoinjectuwad to inject a legal (I own the cartridge) rom of Terranigma, patched using the NTSC patch I found at zophar.net into DKC2, and I can get it to play, if I skip the intro cut scene, but there's no sound. Is there a newer SNES wad I could use? SMRPG was too small, or I'd have tried that. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone willing to try injecting Rush 2 for the N64 into something and testing? It would be greatly appreciated. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts