RoFage 1.3.1

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RoFage is a rom manager supporting Offline List Dats.

Developped in Java, it works on Linux, Mac & Windows. Available in both english & french it gives you the ability to easily manage your roms :
- import roms by drag & drop of your files or directory
- scan your roms based on the CRC (or the serial if it's a trimmed NDS rom)
- rename your archive (and inside your archive) based on the pattern you gave
- clean your archives
- export your archives
- manage duplicate : you can choose to always keep the prefered version of a rom. For instance, you may choose to have USA, EU, JP as your prefered order. The game will only keep the USA version of the rom if you have it. Or the EU version if you don't have the USA version...

The list may be updated automatically, as the roms' images.

You need Java 1.6 or later to use RoFage

This software is open source, so if you feel like you can contribute in any manner (coders or translators)...

Offical Site
Direct Download

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"scan your roms based on the CRC (or the serial if it's a trimmed NDS rom)"
Very nice. I do not have java worth anything on this machine right now.

I will leave it on your site for now so as to help your stats and up it to the front page.

Edit: got bored and grabbed java, will post some screens as soon as.

Edit: Screens up shortly but some links for people from the post if they did not come via it
icon11.gif
Java download (check any repositories if you run linux and the like for distro specific builds)
icon11.gif
ADVANsCEne, GBA and DS offline list dats available
icon11.gif
Offline list homepage (dats for several systems)
icon11.gif
no-intro offline list (multiple systems)

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks maikelsteneker !

I'd really appreciate a Dutch translation, I'll pm you with the details

And by the way, if you feel like something is missing (or something's wrong) please let me know.

redman3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GREAT!!! Thanks! An alternative to the old OfflineList!

Are you gonna try to have the same options? Like update the dats on startup? compress duplicates to one 7z file (like GoodMerge) to save space without the need to delete duplicates? OfflineList Beta 2 have so many bugs with 7z that I don't use it. The author didn't update the program for months if not years...

At least it's opensource so everyone with the skill can add something (I don't know Java so I can't help...)! Thanks for this great project!

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SkankyYankee said:
this is a great use of Java, as someone who has taken college Java classes this is impressive.
Thanks ! I really appreciate, even if I still think many tweakings of the code could be performed to give better performance
smile.gif

SkankyYankeeGREAT!!! Thanks! An alternative to the old OfflineList!

Are you gonna try to have the same options? Like update the dats on startup? compress duplicates to one 7z file (like GoodMerge) to save space without the need to delete duplicates? OfflineList Beta 2 have so many bugs with 7z that I don't use it. The author didn't update the program for months if not years...

At least it's opensource so everyone with the skill can add something (I don't know Java so I can't help...)! Thanks for this great project!
Yeah the development of Offline List has stopped 2 years ago if I remember. As long as I were on windows I used it, hoping for the development to go back on tracks... But now, I switch to Linux and the old version of Offline list is not compatible. So I took my little hands and coded this
smile.gif

RoFage does not yet support 7zip, only zip files. This is something I'd like to add, but I need some more work to do it. It will come, one day
wink.gif
If someone wishes to help me on the 7zip support he/she is welcome !

I decided to give away the code even if I am still coding the app because it can help someone, someday
smile.gif

Concerning the options, I was a very simple user of Offline list, doing basic tasks. So I don't know all of them. If you wish to have an additional functionality you can ask me (with details on how it should work though
wink.gif
)

Just a point concerning the update. You can update at startup your dat files, just like offline list does. But there is an additional option : "Download while browsing". Since downloading everything at once can take some time, you can also download images while browsing your collection. It will download the images related to the game you just selected.
wink.gif

Concerning the duplicates I only added the functionality to keep only the most prefered version. It shouldn't been hard to add the compression of all those files into one zip (only zip today remember ?
smile.gif
), but I don't know... Is this something useful ?

Anyway, thanks for your feedbacks which keep me improving RoFage !

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome awesome awesome.

Nice work here buddy.

One little thing, the advanscene images, on my laptops widescreen display, i get some clipping of the images. I can pop screenies if you want.

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To Bri : Well, there is no such option as "Download only images for the roms I have", but you can choose to download images while browsing and filter the list to the games you have, so it's about the same.

To dirty_harry : I am not sure to understand, could you do a screenshot for me please ?

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I am glad to see a multiplatform ROM manager coming out. This morning I gave it a try and wasn't too lucky: at home, on Linux, I got the following error:
Code:
xenon@cosmos ~/Rofage $ java RoFage.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: RoFage/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: RoFage.jar
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

Here at work, on XP, I got a popup message with title "!Engine.1!" and body "!Engine.0!", with a menacing red cross. Clicking OK I get a "Configuration" panel with an "Add" button and an empty drop-down menu. I can only close the panel and reach the main window, which looks pretty emtpy and useless. What's wrong?

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xenon said:
I am glad to see a multiplatform ROM manager coming out. This morning I gave it a try and wasn't too lucky: at home, on Linux, I got the following error:
Code:
xenon@cosmos ~/Rofage $ java RoFage.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: RoFage/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: RoFage.jar
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂat java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

Here at work, on XP, I got a popup message with title "!Engine.1!" and body "!Engine.0!", with a menacing red cross. Clicking OK I get a "Configuration" panel with an "Add" button and an empty drop-down menu. I can only close the panel and reach the main window, which looks pretty emtpy and useless. What's wrong?

Xenon, you should use the command java -jar RoFage.jar
Concerning the !Engine.0! There is indeed a bug on OS which are not in French or English Languages. This will be fixed in the next version.
Nevertheless, it doesn't prevent you from using the app, since it will only happen once. Just click on "Add" and select the DAT you want.

wattsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running on OSX 10.5.3 i get this error, any ideas? I'm sure its something stupid that I'm doing

java -jar /Users/mlwatts/Downloads/Rofage/RoFage.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:675)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wattsy said:
Running on OSX 10.5.3 i get this error, any ideas? I'm sure its something stupid that I'm doing

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Well, I'd say you don't have the good version of java
smile.gif

try to update your java version to the latest one and it should be fine. If not, let me know, I will help you to make it work (it has been tested on MAC OS X and reported as ok...)

Flagcarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wattsy said:

I experienced the same problem, and it's quite easy to fix.

First run Software Update to make sure that you have the lastest version of Java (if nothing is mentioned of Java, you should already be set)
Then, go Applications -> Utilities -> Java -> Java Preferences.app.
In the "Java Application Runtime Settings" section, drag the "Java SE 6 (64-bit)" entry to the top of the list.
Press the Save button at the bottom of the window, close Java Preferences, and try again.

By the way, is it really supposed to look like this?

gabesword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is very cool so far. I do have a couple of questions though.

What does an icon of a disk with a red question mark in it mean? How do I turn filtering on and off?

Schyzophrenic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To Flagcarrier : Thank you for giving a quick "how to" for MAC OS since I didn't know how to do it (People said it was ok but not how they did
tongue.gif
)

Concerning the picture you sent, thank you again because I've seen no screen of the "MAC version" yet. It looks better than on my Linux
tongue.gif
But let's get to the weird stuff you point. There is indeed an issue on screen with small resolution (and NDS DAT) because the screenshots are quite big.
Well I cannot say it *should* be like this because it's not good at all, but I guess we can say it's a bug of this version. It only happens if your window is too small. I will correct it in the next version.
I am sorry about that, since I run on a 19" monitor I didn't really take this into consideration
frown.gif

To gabesword : The icon with a question mark means that this rom does not have the good CRC and has been identified by its serial instead. Since I cannot guarantee this is a good dump which has been trimmed those roms have this icon. Roms with the good CRC have a green tick icon instead.

At last, concerning the filtering you can filter and search using the filter panel located in the bottom right corner. For instance you don't want to display demo, you just have to unselect "Demo" AND click on "Filter". You can also search for a title (or a part of it, i.e. "mario"). And, of course, you can combine all those filters together to get what you want.

For instance, you want to see all the mario games you have which are wifi capable and not demos : you have to unselect demo, populate the title field with "mario", check the wifi checkbox and select the checkboxes "owned, good name" and "owned, bad name" (and of course, unselect "not owned"). (I hope I am clear
tongue.gif
)

Thanks to all for your feedbacks, if you want more functionalities in the application, just let me know, I'll see what I can do.

(I already know about the 7-zip reading / packing, but it may take a while since no public libraries can be currently plugged in RoFage
frown.gif
But I'll keep working on it
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.