• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I wonder what the next virtue signaling chip implanted into these NPC SJW's will be programmed with -

od87eK3.jpg

We've recently had Ukraine, Men pretending to be women getting banned from womens swimming, gun control, Abortion - what's in store for next week?

Last edited by mrdude,

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
On the right you have dumbasses talking about religion every time they need to justify their injustifiable and totalitarian point of view that treats women as mere incubators. F*ck off, I'm a Christian but I don't want religion in my politics, I want my future and my laws to be based on facts, not beliefs.
Havent seen anyone talking about religion. You dont need to be religious to be pro life

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's not particularly concerning to me on an individual level and indeed I would prefer that such people don't spawn, but of course it's a tough sell to normalize industrialized child sacrifice sold as retroactive birth control.
This is U.S. not Aztec culture. You're looking at the wrong time period.

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Havent seen anyone talking about religion. You dont need to be religious to be pro life

I find your statement factual and accurate, and I happen to be such person.

But I'm not sure I'd necessarily call myself "pro life" as I still think early term abortions can be justified in certain scenarios, eg. if contraception & emergency contraception both failed, or in the case of rape. And late term abortions could be justified if the fetus/baby threatens the mother's life ("self-defence").

Guess I'm one of those annoying centrists or something. My ideology is rationalism, and I'm not afraid to change my mind if I encounter some new argument or evidence. Who knows, maybe I'll come across some pro-choice argument and change my mind to a more pro-choice alignment. Anything is possible if you stop worshipping your feelings and start obeying logic.

Reactions: Digital_Cheese

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Called it, not a single Republican in sight despite the fact that this is the first time since 9/11 our rights are actually being stripped away. Exactly the type of scenario the constitution tells us might require overthrowing government. Fucking cowards will cheer the end of democracy from their recliners, a lot of good stocking up on guns did them.

The Constitution does not provide for a right to have an abortion. The Court in 1973 was wrong to make it up, yesterday's decision corrected that. And that's all it did.

But Biden signed a bill into law yesterday that actually does strip rights. The "Red Flag" laws being incentivized by the Democrats' gun control bill violate Due Process. That actually is in the Constitution.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Constitution does not provide for a right to have an abortion. The Court in 1973 was wrong to make it up, yesterday's decision corrected that. And that's all it did.

But Biden signed a bill into law yesterday that actually does strip rights. The "Red Flag" laws being incentivized by the Democrats' gun control bill violate Due Process. That actually is in the Constitution.
Say you care more about guns than people without saying you care more about guns than people

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah the never ending debate of abortion. Never ending due to the sheer amount of idiocy, stupidity and savage views coming from both sides.

On the right you have dumbasses talking about religion every time they need to justify their injustifiable and totalitarian point of view that treats women as mere incubators. F*ck off, I'm a Christian but I don't want religion in my politics, I want my future and my laws to be based on facts, not beliefs.

On the left you have a complete disregard for human life, both of the unborn and the mother. People celebrating abortion as if it was the best thing ever and partying hard. Never have in my entire life heard a leftie talk about the risk of abortion: many women go infertile, many can even die, it increases chances of tumor.
They also love to cite rape victims, which is hipocritical since the whole ordeal of an abortion due to rape is one of the most mentally damaging things a woman can go to, nothing to celebrate, nothing to "thank god for abortions", but everything to feel sad and sorrow about.
Wow... um... you know, women are people too, and most women are leftists to boot! And fun fact, women WANT the right to an abortion because NO SHIT ABORTIONS SUCK BUT THE ALTERNATIVES CAN BE WORSE! Bringing a life into the world is a huge deal, and particularly in a country that is sliding further and further into financial oblivion for the majority. I might have wanted another child if it wasn't for the fact that it might be too big a financial strain, and I work in IT for the government! You don't often get much more middle-class financial stability in the USA!

Please try asking somebody about their experience before mouthing off like you KNOW something is hypocritical. Also learn how to write. Also if you want somebody to believe women are more than just incubators, listen to them and then politely stand to the side while they tell you they want access to abortions even knowing and maybe even having experienced the pain and mental anguish of one and still not regretting it. Kthx.

The constitution provides a right for a well regulated militia to bare arms... in reference to before the United States had a standing military. Congratulations, you are wrong again. Please do better.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say you care more about guns than people without saying you care more about guns than people

No Dave, it's not even about that. The Supreme Court's job is to apply the US Constitution to real life, and part of that is acknowledging when the Constitution is silent on an issue. It is silent on abortion. It is not an issue that is within the Federal government's Constitutional authority. The purpose of the Constitution is to grant only LIMITED powers to the Federal government. The rest belongs to the States. That's the deal.

Whether for better or worse, the Constitution does guarantee the right to keep and bear arms, and it's in the Bill of RIghts right after the 1st amendment right to free speech, religion, and free press. That's also the deal, like it or not. If it does its job correctly, the Court cannot ignore that anymore than it can make up rights out of thin air.

The constitution provides a right for a well regulated militia to bare arms... in reference to before the United States had a standing military. Congratulations, you are wrong again. Please do better.

No, the 2nd amendment contains a prefatory clause, and an operative clause. The prefatory clause is merely an introduction, i.e. because a well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state .... then the operative clause says what the amendment actually guarantees, i.e. the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. You could toss the prefatory clause in the garbage, and the operative clause would still be there as the actual thing the amendment says. The right belongs to "the people," not a militia.

Also "well regulated" in 1770's usage does not mean "subject to lots of regulations." It means in good working order, or properly equipped. A "well regulated" watch or clock was one that was tuned properly to keep good time. A "well regulated militia" is one that doesn't need weapons provided to it when people of a community unite to defend themselves in a time of emergency. That could be the British are coming, or an Indian raid on the frontier, or when a natural disaster such as a hurricane occurs, or if there is looting and rioting. Some of those possibilities are quite unlikely in modern times, but not all. That's why the US Code still identitifies all able-bodied males between 17 and 45 as members of the militia. That's why the "Rooftop Koreans" were able to defend themselves and their families, when LAPD abandoned them in the midst of the Rodney King riots.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No Dave, it's not even about that. The Supreme Court's job is to apply the US Constitution to real life, and part of that is acknowledging when the Constitution is silent on an issue. It is silent on abortion. It is not an issue that is within the Federal government's Constitutional authority. The purpose of the Constitution is to grant only LIMITED powers to the Federal government. The rest belongs to the States. That's the deal.

Whether for better or worse, the Constitution does guarantee the right to keep and bear arms, and it's in the Bill of RIghts right after the 1st amendment right to free speech, religion, and free press. That's also the deal, like it or not. If it does its job correctly, the Court cannot ignore that anymore than it can make up rights out of thin air.

No, the 2nd amendment contains a prefatory clause, and an operative clause. The prefatory clause is merely an introduction, i.e. because a well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state .... then the operative clause says what the amendment actually guarantees, i.e. the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. You could toss the prefatory clause in the garbage, and the operative clause would still be there as the actual thing the amendment says. The right belongs to "the people," not a militia.

Also "well regulated" in 1770's usage does not mean "subject to lots of regulations." It means in good working order, or properly equipped. A "well regulated" watch or clock was one that was tuned properly to keep good time. A "well regulated militia" is one that doesn't need weapons provided to it when people of a community unite to defend themselves in a time of emergency. That could be the British are coming, or an Indian raid on the frontier, or when a natural disaster such as a hurricane occurs, or if there is looting and rioting. Some of those possibilities are quite unlikely in modern times, but not all. That's why the US Code still identitifies all able-bodied males between 17 and 45 as members of the militia. That's why the "Rooftop Koreans" were able to defend themselves and their families, when LAPD abandoned them in the midst of the Rodney King riots.
Yeah, you love guns, we get it.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Very serious issue and fearful of rights being taken away

I don't know why fat munters like in that video would want to advertise their blubber like that - anyone that isn't half blind, into fatties, or is a japanese whale fisherman wouldn't touch any of them. One things for sure - none of them need to worry about an abortion as they'll never have sex with a real living man (uneless the man has been drugged or hypnotised). If I had been walking past that spectacle, I would have gouged my eyes out with a spoon and washed the sockets out with eye bleach.

I'm also sure all the kings horses and all the kings men would have needed to be on standby for that event.

• Haha
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

This is the only correct reading of the 2nd amendment.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the only correct reading of the 2nd amendment.
Congrats. The correct reading of the 2nd amendment is responsible for countless deaths, including children you lot supposedly care so fucking much about. Maybe the issue isn't how to read it correctly, but how to change it so there aren't regularly more school shootings than there are days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto