Hacking Rock Band drums and NeoGamma, works?

Hezkore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've JUST bought the drums for Rock Band only to find that they don't work with Rock Band: Beatles nor normal Rock Band 1.
Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong here?
I just hooked up the Rock Band drums to the Wii's USB port and started the game via NeoGamma, the big ring in the middle lights up but the square "player lights" never lights up, and the game says "Connect Controller" under the drums.
The drums work on my PC, so there's no problem with them it seems... So that's why I'm thinking it must be NeoGamma...?

UPDATE: ok so it seems i need to install cIOS37, but i've been unable to find it anywhere... Any help here? :3

UPDATE2: Right so i threw in cIOS37 over 248 and it actually works now heh... guess it was simpler than i thought xD
You guys should really sticky a guide or something, but yeah.. thanks for a great forum!! :3

GekWataru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. having trouble finding files and not sure what to do. My soft-modded wii has run so smoothly for so long now that I haven't had to futz with it for awhile. I've got the cIOS37_rev3-Installer and the IOS37-64-v2070.wad but I'm stuck at this point. Don't want to fiddle to much and end up with a brick.

dshead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
UPDATE2: Right so i threw in cIOS37 over 248 and it actually works now heh... guess it was simpler than i thought

Could you explain how you got this to work? I've been having the same problem. I got the multi cIOS installer by following this guide and selected “Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232”. Also tried custom IOS37 with 248 as you suggested but no dice.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you want them to work from a Backup-Disc, you can:

-Install the IOS37 from the latest cIOSCORP. It should now work now from the Disc Channel (not shure though)
-Install Hermes cIOS r4 (38 merge 37), and use uLoader or USBLoader GX to boot the Disc.

NeoGamma won't do it for you, since it uses IOS249, which is Wanins cIOS. This one doesn't support the Instruments.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get cIOS37 from cioscorp and select IOS37 in SoftChip. Well that's for discs, on usb, you need a loader that uses Hermes cIOS and of course Hermes cIOS(select something with IOS37 in it).

dshead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear Hezkore is saying he got his instruments to work using Neogamma, while the more experienced guys are saying that's not possible. So he either had to install some other loader, or he did something else that he's not telling us about. I'd rather not have to reformat and partition my 200g hard drive that is already full of games just to use a usb loader. Are there any other options?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dshead said:
To be clear Hezkore is saying he got his instruments to work using Neogamma, while the more experienced guys are saying that's not possible. So he either had to install some other loader, or he did something else that he's not telling us about. I'd rather not have to reformat and partition my 200g hard drive that is already full of games just to use a usb loader. Are there any other options?

To get other instruments than mics to work, your cIOS has to be based off something other than IOS36 or IOS38. NeoGamma uses by default IOS249 and all available, recent installers only install something with IOS36 or IOS38 into slot 249. It's possible to get other instruments to work in NeoGamma, but that requires setting it to another IOS(possible via hexediting the config), using a very very old (multi) cIOS installer or some "hacking" to get such a cIOS as IOS249.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
up for this thread...

my problem is when is run neogamma, the lights on my rockdrum drum turns off but when it is in the main menu the light is lit and it seems to be detected.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just use softchip with ios37 if you have cioscorp, I didnt think softchip could use hermes cios, but it does just scroll through the list. Wanins Cios with 37 as base seems to work fine with whole band

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
xzxero said:
use softchip instead and select IOS 222 or 223

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...s/disc/softchip

Now that Waninkoko's cIOS allows to use IOS37 as base, you suggest this? And i don't think that SoftChip works with Hermes cIOS(haven't tested it myself).

aha i totally forgot about that option, use waninkoko's cIOS instead.

QUOTE(tHciNc @ Mar 7 2010, 06:04 AM)
Just use softchip with ios37 if you have cioscorp, I didnt think softchip could use hermes cios, but it does just scroll through the list. Wanins Cios with 37 as base seems to work fine with whole band
yea hermes cIOS works fine with softchip.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.