Hacking Rock Band backup.

kubas88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello!
My Rock Band backup doesn't supports the instruments. My wii is softmii moded.
I read that i've to install an ios. Which one?

THX in advance.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My word of advice is READ!

Really, there are threads all over about this and yet, your here creating a new thread about it?????

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just install CIOSCORP then it works right from the disc channel, much better then the OLD BS loader way that u have to have YET ANOTHER UGLY channel, i mean yah it worked b4 but now that u cna just patch all ur ios's with cioscorp, do that .

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Never listen to that guy; he has no idea what he's talking about.

Cioscorp came out BEFORE that loader. It's just that cioscorp is abysmal.

Read: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160439&st=0

Anyhow, try this guide; it features a dol, wad and forwarder for all your needs:

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120912

Or if you're using a USB drive you need Hermes' cios 223 installed as ios 37 merge 36 and uLoader 1.6+ .

If you want to use RB2 customs, you must install one file from cioscorp; an ios 37 bug fix wad, then launch through softchip as ios37.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why everyone harps on Cioscorp so bad. Yes, it is old, yes its designed badly, BUT not one other loader works for backups from the disc channel.

When you mod wii's for normal people, they want the disc channel to work. Thats how it was designed, thats how they want to use it. Yea, for geeks, usbloader and other loaders are fine. For joe schmoe, cioscorp is it, until something better (ie works from the disc channel) comes out that WORKS.

So, stop telling people to use clunky work arounds, its not going to happen (for everyone anyway). Besides, Cioscorp works fine with everything I've played, so whats the problem?

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Alexrose said:

And if you're Joe Schmoe, you shouldn't be hacking your wii. Get a chip or something, it's a lot safer, and offers 100% compatibility. If you're a "normal person", chances are you probably don't even know what gbatemp is in the first place anyway, so there's no point directing an answer to normal people when only a minority of people here want to mod for such people.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about gbatemp, and I want my wii to function as designed, as I'm not the only one playing it, DUH.

Not just the people hacking the box are the ones playing it. You can't baby sit the damn thing 24x7 or expect every user to read piles of documentation and instructions.

Face it, cioscorp works far better (comparing to an out of the box wii) then any other (FREE) solution, and until another comes around, thats all we have.

kubas88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Finaly i installed it but it's not working.Before i've instaled the first option i mean this option which is on the screen when you start the program. Maybe i've got a old version of softchip?
Durring the insatllation i saw that my conslose downloaded everything from the internet and it didn't use the files in the 000000001 folder in the root of the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)