Hacking Rock Band 3 w/emulated NAND - DLC Problems

XannyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have purchased songs on the music store, and Rock Band 3 ran through emulated NAND (hard drive), through uLoader 5.2/5.1E.

Problem is, quite a lot it will fail the download. And when it DOES succeed it often crashes when 'loading new content' on the main menu. This means I have to open up the hard drive on my PC and (somehow) find/guess which folder contains the new 'problem' song in order to get the game running normally again.

I have wasted literally days and have only managed to get about 15 extra tracks loaded successfully. Argh!

Is this a known problem? Or could it be a problem my end? I have the latest ciosxr21 installed to ios 249 with ios58 as base and hermes 223 v5, er.. ios 37? I think?

Is that correct? I have only had problems since using uLoader+nand, although of course I never really used DLC with it.

I have followed so many guides but none I have read about explain the error I am getting apart from on the uLoader 5.2 thread... but I have the same problem with 5.1E also, so can't be that.

Any advice? Any help would be appreciated.
smile.gif

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am right there with you and have gotten no help at all. i got about 150 songs i really wanted to work, but anything from gen 6 or by the doors locks up at the loading screen.

i have tried different cios' and none have better results. i dont get it. whole days wasted indeed.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
i had same problem with uloader so i changed over to uneek+di and now i can get any dlc song i want to work
Please make a tut!! I've never been able to get it to work!

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blueowl0708 said:
pubert09 said:
scooby74029 said:
i had same problem with uloader so i changed over to uneek+di and now i can get any dlc song i want to work
Please make a tut!! I've never been able to get it to work!
But the instrument won't work on uneek? It hogs the USB ports.. or has that been fixed?
smile.gif
They fixed that with r150.

XannyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap, this UNEEK + DI is not working followed/combined so many tutorials. Even the default ModMii - UNEEK + DI files aren't working. Just continuously flashes blue when I launch through 'BootMii'.
frown.gif

XannyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry, I got UNEEK+DI working now, turns out I needed it on first partition. Now I've loaded Rock Band 3 but it crashes part way through the opening logos.

I remember one stage it talked about finding the right IOS for the game, but didn't tell anything about what to do with it afterwards! Am I meant to enter what IOS it needs at some point? :S

Griffin224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XannyB said:
Don't worry, I got UNEEK+DI working now, turns out I needed it on first partition. Now I've loaded Rock Band 3 but it crashes part way through the opening logos.

I remember one stage it talked about finding the right IOS for the game, but didn't tell anything about what to do with it afterwards! Am I meant to enter what IOS it needs at some point? :S

With UNeek+DI you do NOT need any additional IOS's. RB3 works fine with just the default modmii IOS's installed. Instead of trying to use the "Shop Channel" to get the songs, search for RockBand PC Tools (the ones by Rudi are the best ones). I used those to get my DLC into Sneek, and it works great. PM me if you have any other questions, I'm no expert but I can try to help.

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember now that it does crash with simply using SNEEK, go grab Joyflow from the link in the forums here. AWESOME USB loader for SNEEK based on WiiFlow. Most of the games I have trouble getting to work in SNEEK work fine in JoyFlow with the exception of I think 4 of my 200+ games (Godfather: Blackhand - has known issues in EMUNands, Disney Sing It! games - currently working on a fix for at least one of them.)

XannyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You are both right, Joyflow completely fixed that for me!
biggrin.gif
Thanks a lot!

I copied over an old nand save file also to fix the 'save corruption' errors. Even the microphone works I think!
biggrin.gif
It appeared to acknowledge audio on the menu anyway.
smile.gif

Next step... DLC.
biggrin.gif

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scooby74029 said:
you will have to use joyflow to get rb3 working

rb3 work with disk channel - uneek r154 (without joyflow)

QUOTE(XannyB @ May 28 2011, 03:48 AM) Even the microphone works I think!

Are you sure?

XannyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up using files from the ModMii setup, which I'm pretty sure was r154, cannot say for sure though...

And I will have to properly test the microphone again.. I know it showed a moving audio signal above the character name when talking into it on the main menu... I will try again soon and attempt a song, see how it fares...

EDIT Ooops, it is UNEEK+DI r150. Is that necessarily a bad thing though? :S Is r154 a lot better?

EDIT 2 OK I upgraded to r154 anyway, but still using Joyflow.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...