Rock Band 3 w/emulated NAND - DLC Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XannyB, May 25, 2011.

May 25, 2011
  1. XannyB
    OP

Newcomer XannyB Newbie

United Kingdom
    So I have purchased songs on the music store, and Rock Band 3 ran through emulated NAND (hard drive), through uLoader 5.2/5.1E.

Problem is, quite a lot it will fail the download. And when it DOES succeed it often crashes when 'loading new content' on the main menu. This means I have to open up the hard drive on my PC and (somehow) find/guess which folder contains the new 'problem' song in order to get the game running normally again.

I have wasted literally days and have only managed to get about 15 extra tracks loaded successfully. Argh!

Is this a known problem? Or could it be a problem my end? I have the latest ciosxr21 installed to ios 249 with ios58 as base and hermes 223 v5, er.. ios 37? I think?

Is that correct? I have only had problems since using uLoader+nand, although of course I never really used DLC with it.

I have followed so many guides but none I have read about explain the error I am getting apart from on the uLoader 5.2 thread... but I have the same problem with 5.1E also, so can't be that.

Any advice? Any help would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. j0shuakane

Newcomer j0shuakane Advanced Member

United States
    i am right there with you and have gotten no help at all. i got about 150 songs i really wanted to work, but anything from gen 6 or by the doors locks up at the loading screen.

i have tried different cios' and none have better results. i dont get it. whole days wasted indeed.

3. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    i had same problem with uloader so i changed over to uneek+di and now i can get any dlc song i want to work

4. pubert09

Member pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Please make a tut!! I've never been able to get it to work!

5. scooby74029

United States
  6. XannyB
    OP

Newcomer XannyB Newbie

United Kingdom
    OMg that is a looot of reading. Worth a shot though! Thanks. [​IMG]

7. j0shuakane

Newcomer j0shuakane Advanced Member

United States
    i also have a couple days under my belt trying to get that to work. GOOD LUCK!!!

and post how it went...

8. blueowl0708

Newcomer blueowl0708 Member

United Kingdom
    But the instrument won't work on uneek? It hogs the USB ports.. or has that been fixed? [​IMG]

9. pubert09

Member pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They fixed that with r150.

10. blueowl0708

Newcomer blueowl0708 Member

United Kingdom
    Awesome! I didn't know that. It's still outstanding as an "Issue" on the google code page [​IMG]

11. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

i use r154 and microphone does not work

12. XannyB
    OP

Newcomer XannyB Newbie

United Kingdom
    Crap, this UNEEK + DI is not working followed/combined so many tutorials. Even the default ModMii - UNEEK + DI files aren't working. Just continuously flashes blue when I launch through 'BootMii'. [​IMG]

13. zizer

first step - try launch sneek

14. XannyB
    OP

Newcomer XannyB Newbie

United Kingdom
    Don't worry, I got UNEEK+DI working now, turns out I needed it on first partition. Now I've loaded Rock Band 3 but it crashes part way through the opening logos.

I remember one stage it talked about finding the right IOS for the game, but didn't tell anything about what to do with it afterwards! Am I meant to enter what IOS it needs at some point? :S

15. zizer

try use r154 (modmii - r150)

16. Griffin224

Newcomer Griffin224 Member

United States
    With UNeek+DI you do NOT need any additional IOS's. RB3 works fine with just the default modmii IOS's installed. Instead of trying to use the "Shop Channel" to get the songs, search for RockBand PC Tools (the ones by Rudi are the best ones). I used those to get my DLC into Sneek, and it works great. PM me if you have any other questions, I'm no expert but I can try to help.

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember now that it does crash with simply using SNEEK, go grab Joyflow from the link in the forums here. AWESOME USB loader for SNEEK based on WiiFlow. Most of the games I have trouble getting to work in SNEEK work fine in JoyFlow with the exception of I think 4 of my 200+ games (Godfather: Blackhand - has known issues in EMUNands, Disney Sing It! games - currently working on a fix for at least one of them.)

17. scooby74029

United States
    you will have to use joyflow to get rb3 working

18. XannyB
    OP

Newcomer XannyB Newbie

United Kingdom
    You are both right, Joyflow completely fixed that for me! [​IMG] Thanks a lot!

I copied over an old nand save file also to fix the 'save corruption' errors. Even the microphone works I think! [​IMG] It appeared to acknowledge audio on the menu anyway. [​IMG]

Next step... DLC. [​IMG]

19. zizer

Are you sure?

20. XannyB
    OP

Newcomer XannyB Newbie

United Kingdom
    I ended up using files from the ModMii setup, which I'm pretty sure was r154, cannot say for sure though...

And I will have to properly test the microphone again.. I know it showed a moving audio signal above the character name when talking into it on the main menu... I will try again soon and attempt a song, see how it fares...

EDIT Ooops, it is UNEEK+DI r150. Is that necessarily a bad thing though? :S Is r154 a lot better?

EDIT 2 OK I upgraded to r154 anyway, but still using Joyflow. [​IMG]