tongue.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Actually, this is a rather simple task. A program just needs to be written telling the robot how to move it's arms for every song. Not that I could do it, but this isn't the thing that is going to usher in the age of robotics. Now if the thing could read notes and do improv, now that would be impressive.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LAWL. Do improv.... I don't think robots could be programmed to "Do improv".... that requires concepts that only humans are capable of. Like humor, Irony, timing, delivery...

This robot is impressive...but not completely amazing. Robots will never be able to produce OR play music in the same way humans do. They will forever lack that which makes us human...our self-awareness, our awareness of others and our empathy for others. A robot can play a minor chord...but do they feel the darkness of it's tone? They may nail vibrato but can they produce the real emotional power behind it?

Silly Robots and people that dream of them doing crazy things...they aren't the future...they are the past.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
PBC said:
LAWL. Do improv.... I don't think robots could be programmed to "Do improv".... that requires concepts that only humans are capable of. Like humor, Irony, timing, delivery...

This robot is impressive...but not completely amazing. Robots will never be able to produce OR play music in the same way humans do. They will forever lack that which makes us human...our self-awareness, our awareness of others and our empathy for others. A robot can play a minor chord...but do they feel the darkness of it's tone? They may nail vibrato but can they produce the real emotional power behind it?

Silly Robots and people that dream of them doing crazy things...they aren't the future...they are the past.
I know. It's just a little program that moves the arms just right. It may sound okay, but it is not impressive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up