Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
A dev has no right to blame the community for his choices. Nobody went to his house and threatened his life if he failed to meet a deadline.. BTW that deadline he was talking about? Was one he set. Y'all can keep defending him like he is your Lord and savior.. But he got what he deserved. There was NO pressure. It's at HIS leisure. You're all right, he owes us nothing. Just like we owe him nothing.

EpicInki

Trophies
Website
EpicInki.com
XP
Country
So, what are the chances on Softbrick and Hardbrick with a N3DS XL with what methods are available?
I might as well attempt it but I'm not sure how high the chances of a Hardbrick are, last time I checked they were like 50/50 but then I got lost in 100+ pages.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what are the chances on Softbrick and Hardbrick with a N3DS XL with what methods are available?
I might as well attempt it but I'm not sure how high the chances of a Hardbrick are, last time I checked they were like 50/50 but then I got lost in 100+ pages.

Low if you know what you're doing. Very low.

EpicInki

Trophies
Website
EpicInki.com
XP
Country
Low if you know what you're doing. Very low.
I'm sure it will work fine if I follow a tutorial, thanks :P
I'm just having trouble trying to get my backplate of my 3DS XD I'm such a weakling, all though it looks like its stuck ._.

Edit: Managed to pull the backplate off xD
So a fresh SD is recommended right? Okay.

Last edited by EpicInki,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

I have done 7 n3ds with the latest sysupdater fine. 1 JPN, 4 EU, 2 US.

Reactions: DKB and EpicInki

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm sure it will work fine if I follow a tutorial, thanks :P
I'm just having trouble trying to get my backplate of my 3DS XD I'm such a weakling, all though it looks like its stuck ._.

Edit: Managed to pull the backplate off xD
So a fresh SD is recommended right? Okay.
There are still some unexplained bricks occurring that aren't user error though, even when sysupdater finishes without errors.

EpicInki

Trophies
Website
EpicInki.com
XP
Country
There are still some unexplained bricks occurring that aren't user error though, even when sysupdater finishes without errors.
Oh man, that isn't reassuring, I'm pretty much all set to do it. I'm having trouble getting Menuhax/Browserhacks to launch on a different SD card though (red screen on bottom with yellow dot on top) ._.
EDIT: JESUS FUCKING YES! DOWNGRADED ON FIRST GO!! WOOO! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

So now I set up Emunand and stuff right? I'm really surprised and heart beating crazy :P

Last edited by EpicInki,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, that isn't reassuring, I'm pretty much all set to do it. I'm having trouble getting Menuhax/Browserhacks to launch on a different SD card though (red screen on bottom with yellow dot on top) ._.
EDIT: JESUS FUCKING YES! DOWNGRADED ON FIRST GO!! WOOO! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

So now I set up Emunand and stuff right? I'm really surprised and heart beating crazy :P

So you just used a different sd then you will put your old sd card back in?

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think that Pingo deserves to get torn a new one for this. I think that he's young, and also that in part he's coming from a position of genuinely wanting to participate and contribute to the community. That being said I feel a lot here are cutting him way too much slack, the guy is definitely an attention whore, he deliberately fans hype on the one hand while simultaneously blaming the fans for getting too hype about what he's doing. I don't hate him by any means, and any effort holds more value than sitting back and letting other people do all the work. That being said with the kind of projects he was working on especially, you need at least 50 - 70% finished project, unpolished and incomplete but basically working, not big talk and nothing to show for it.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will repeat if again: community isn't the reason why he stopped working on this.
https://twitter.com/JustPingo/status/685944713506074625
He knew it was useless to continue because the update is released Monday/Tuesday. He didn't have enough time, because of unexpected events IRL (and I have unique bugs, which are unknown). KTM was being beta-tested. Most of things to do were to fix bugs.
Then he blamed the community, because the community started to hate him for that choice.
(https://twitter.com/Elmoteachesgame/status/685960107369316354 and seriously, I think that some people were right about the 9 years-old on the 3DS forums)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches