WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I wonder why this havent been posted here.

QUOTE said:
DSi system update 1.4.2 blocks copying all current and future DSiWare exploits to “internal memory”. Most of you won’t have the final DSiWareHax target, but don’t update for now anyway. Only people who already have the target game, and stay on system version 1.4.1(or below) until exploit release could copy the exploit to “internal memory”. DSiWare savedata exploits are dead with system update 1.4.2, after the release of this exploit later, there will be no more DSiWare savedata exploits.

The EC certificate APCert in the DSiWare on SD card signs the hashes stored in the DSiWare on SD card, this includes hashes of savedata among other things. This APCert is signed by the console-unique TWCert, this cert is signed by Nintendo. This TWCert is stored in NAND.

The initial system settings title verified the APCert with the TWCert contained in the DSiWare stored on SD card. This allowed us to modify DSiWare savedata, since we could resign the APCert with any TWCert from other systems. The new 1.4.2 system settings title verifies the APCert with TWCert stored in NAND. This stops us from modifying DSiWare savedata for arbitrary systems, as the only way to get those system certs is from NAND. When you don’t already have DSiWareHax, it’s impossible to obtain your system certs without soldering NAND. The new system settings will not allow any DSiWare on SD card signed by other systems to copy to “internal memory”.

Source

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
WiiBricker said:
I wonder why this havent been posted here.

QUOTE said:
DSi system update 1.4.2 blocks copying all current and future DSiWare exploits to “internal memory”. Most of you won’t have the final DSiWareHax target, but don’t update for now anyway. Only people who already have the target game, and stay on system version 1.4.1(or below) until exploit release could copy the exploit to “internal memory”. DSiWare savedata exploits are dead with system update 1.4.2, after the release of this exploit later, there will be no more DSiWare savedata exploits.

The EC certificate APCert in the DSiWare on SD card signs the hashes stored in the DSiWare on SD card, this includes hashes of savedata among other things. This APCert is signed by the console-unique TWCert, this cert is signed by Nintendo. This TWCert is stored in NAND.

The initial system settings title verified the APCert with the TWCert contained in the DSiWare stored on SD card. This allowed us to modify DSiWare savedata, since we could resign the APCert with any TWCert from other systems. The new 1.4.2 system settings title verifies the APCert with TWCert stored in NAND. This stops us from modifying DSiWare savedata for arbitrary systems, as the only way to get those system certs is from NAND. When you don’t already have DSiWareHax, it’s impossible to obtain your system certs without soldering NAND. The new system settings will not allow any DSiWare on SD card signed by other systems to copy to “internal memory”.

Source
Am I reading this correctly, or are they saying they're going to release another DSi exploit?!
ohmy.gif

I'm staying on 1.4.1u for sure -- whatever the case may be.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kind of surprised they still left themselves at least a bit open to save hacks but I suppose we are still in embedded (passively cooled and battery powered) system territory.

"it’s impossible to obtain your system certs without soldering NAND"

All those pads and not one hooks up to the NAND?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Since already-existing copies of sudokuhax worked, I guessed people assumed it wasn't blocked.

EDIT: And since you can't get an exploitable copy of the game this only matters for... well, almost nobody.

It matters to anyone currently on 1.4.1 and considering upgrading. If they are currently on 1.4.1 it is best to stay there, on the off chance that they own the game to be exploited. If they already own it, and keep 1.4.1, they will be able to make use of the exploit. If they update, they won't. So for ANYONE, it is better to stay on 1.4.1 for now, just in case.

QUOTE(Snailface @ May 21 2011, 10:05 PM) Am I reading this correctly, or are they saying they're going to release another DSi exploit?!
ohmy.gif

Yes they are releasing another DSiWare exploit. They haven't announced which title will be, but if you don't already have the game, you will not be able to use the exploit. Or if you update to 1.4.2 you won't be able to use the exploit regardless.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SifJar said:
Rydian said:
Since already-existing copies of sudokuhax worked, I guessed people assumed it wasn't blocked.

EDIT: And since you can't get an exploitable copy of the game this only matters for... well, almost nobody.

It matters to anyone currently on 1.4.1 and considering upgrading. If they are currently on 1.4.1 it is best to stay there, on the off chance that they own the game to be exploited. If they already own it, and keep 1.4.1, they will be able to make use of the exploit. If they update, they won't. So for ANYONE, it is better to stay on 1.4.1 for now, just in case.

QUOTE(Snailface @ May 21 2011, 10:05 PM) Am I reading this correctly, or are they saying they're going to release another DSi exploit?!
ohmy.gif

Yes they are releasing another DSiWare exploit. They haven't announced which title will be, but if you don't already have the game, you will not be able to use the exploit. Or if you update to 1.4.2 you won't be able to use the exploit regardless.

Basically it's a decision between having access to the DSi shop which includes access to a library of DSiWare titles and having limited DSi homebrew capability with a very small library of homebrew applications that are also available as DS homebrews...
I would go for DSiWare.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very true. Seeing as pretty much all (decent) flashcarts are already updated, there's little point in not upgrading tbh. But anyone who wants a chance of DSiWareHax should hold off updating.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
I bet they're going to go the way of the PSP and have signed applications made in the future.
Extremely unlikely. PS3 is the only console that has ever had the private key found (and PSP signing only resulted from the PS3 keys), and that was due to a fatal flaw in the way the security system was implemented. There have been several very clever people hacking at the DSi for a long time, if there were a flaw to find any useful keys it would have been found by now.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
SifJar said:
It matters to anyone currently on 1.4.1 and considering upgrading.
If they already have the exploitable version of sudoku, want to make use of it, and have not yet made use of it.

Which is how many people?
tongue.gif
Or if they have the as-of-yet unnamed DSiWare exploit that will be released in the future (at least, that's how I read the HackMii post). Which could be loads of people, we don't know seeing as we don't know what game it is yet.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
SifJar said:
Rydian said:
SifJar said:
If they already have the exploitable version of sudoku, want to make use of it, and have not yet made use of it.

tongue.gif
Or if they have the as-of-yet unnamed DSiWare exploit that will be released in the future (at least, that's how I read the HackMii post). Which could be loads of people, we don't know seeing as we don't know what game it is yet.
The message I'm getting is that you have to have a certain game and 1.4.1 before the new exploit (!) arrives after the 3ds update. Question is: (like you said) how in the hell are we supposed to know what game to get?
blink.gif

I dunno, check the hackmii post's comments yourselves and see what you guys think ( and leave comments to help clear this up)

http://hackmii.com/2011/05/dsi-system-update-1-4-2/

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Snailface said:
SifJar said:
Rydian said:
SifJar said:

tongue.gif
The message I'm getting is that you have to have a certain game and 1.4.1 before the new exploit (!) arrives after the 3ds update. Question is: (like you said) how in the hell are we supposed to know what game to get?
blink.gif

I dunno, check the hackmii post's comments yourselves and see what you guys think ( and leave comments to help clear this up)

you can't get it without updating your DSi.............. And if you update, you're on 1.4.2 so no exploit possible..........
dry.gif

Only those who ALREADY have The Game will be able to use this exploit.

D

Deleted-236924

WiiBricker said:
Basically it's a decision between having access to the DSi shop which includes access to a library of DSiWare titles and having limited DSi homebrew capability with a very small library of homebrew applications that are also available as DS homebrews...
I would go for DSiWare.
Lets you use nesDS without having to hack your console and without having to buy a flashcart.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snailface said:
blink.gif

You can't know what game to get, and you can't get it now anyway. You'd have to update to access the DSi Shop, and if you did that, the exploit wouldn't work. You must already happen to own the game to be able to use the exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative