Hacking Homebrew Misc Riivolution Xml mods with options to Iso or Wbfs?

PGames09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My goal is to create an Iso or Wbfs of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 NTSC with the Super Hackio patch that makes the Classic Controller compatible. Specifically with the mapping of 3D All-Stars.
super mario galaxy classic controller - YouTube - Google Chrome 12-02-2023 13_28_30 (2).png
super mario galaxy classic controller - YouTube - Google Chrome 12-02-2023 13_28_47 (2).png
Mapping-SMG2-AllStars.png

Solution
That is correct but the files of that tutorial are gct and the ones of galaxy 1 are xml. In theory now I need someone to convert the SMG1 codes into gct.
Well, you are right on the GCT part. So I did some more research and it turns out there is a tool called RiivolutionIsoBuilder which can take a Riivolution .xml file to patch an ISO with the help of Wiimms ISO Tools (WIT). I tried it with the Classic Controller Patch for Mario Galaxy 1 and it's really simple to use. Just run the program, select the .iso you want to patch and provide the riivolution .xml. It will even ask which controller layout you want to use and if you want to swap L / ZL and R / ZR buttons. There is a warning that the patched .iso might not work when...

PGames09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There is this tutorial here on GBATemp that explains how to apply the Mario Galaxy 2 Classic Controller patch to an iso. Simply follow steps 1-6 to get a patched .wbfs or .iso. The same steps might work for the Galaxy 1 patch although I have not tried it.
That is correct but the files of that tutorial are gct and the ones of galaxy 1 are xml. In theory now I need someone to convert the SMG1 codes into gct.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, you are right on the GCT part. So I did some more research and it turns out there is a tool called RiivolutionIsoBuilder which can take a Riivolution .xml file to patch an ISO with the help of Wiimms ISO Tools (WIT). I tried it with the Classic Controller Patch for Mario Galaxy 1 and it's really simple to use. Just run the program, select the .iso you want to patch and provide the riivolution .xml. It will even ask which controller layout you want to use and if you want to swap L / ZL and R / ZR buttons. There is a warning that the patched .iso might not work when using an USB Loader. However I tested this with the Mario Galaxy Classic Controller patch and USBLoader GX and it worked great.

Solution

PGames09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, you are right on the GCT part. So I did some more research and it turns out there is a tool called RiivolutionIsoBuilder which can take a Riivolution .xml file to patch an ISO with the help of Wiimms ISO Tools (WIT). I tried it with the Classic Controller Patch for Mario Galaxy 1 and it's really simple to use. Just run the program, select the .iso you want to patch and provide the riivolution .xml. It will even ask which controller layout you want to use and if you want to swap L / ZL and R / ZR buttons. There is a warning that the patched .iso might not work when using an USB Loader. However I tested this with the Mario Galaxy Classic Controller patch and USBLoader GX and it worked great.
I'll try, probably I'll answer you later, thank you very much. :yayu:
Post automatically merged:

I did it and the creation of the file worked but when I inject it into the Wii U through TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector by piratesephiroth and start the game it leaves a black screen and there is no audio, the only thing that could be done was to unplug the cable from the console. Anyway thank you very much.

Last edited by PGames09,
Reactions: LinkFan16

tech_A_nina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you also try it on the wii u as an inject?

tech_A_nina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, and sadly I also got a black screen. I even tried different base games since I read that the base should be equal or larger in size compared to the injected game.
I guess that it has something to do with the modification of the classic controller patch. Maybe the guy who made it for smg2 could tell us the secret behind it.

But on the wii it works good with the classic controller?
Post automatically merged:

I try it and it freezes in black screen.
I have tried it with neo mario galaxy, which is a mod for smg2. Unfortunately there was also a black screen after the save data screen

Last edited by tech_A_nina,

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thank you very much for having shared that tool, now I have both Mario Galaxy working with classic control and they work perfect in wiiflow

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, and sadly I also got a black screen. I even tried different base games since I read that the base should be equal or larger in size compared to the injected game.
Did you tried differents base games for injecting smg cc ? Tried to inject it with differents video modes in teconmoon but it always results on a black screen.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you tried differents base games for injecting smg cc ? Tried to inject it with differents video modes in teconmoon but it always results on a black screen.
Yes, I tried different base games when injecting SMG CC but all injects resulted in a black screen. I guess it has something to do with the patch itself. It probably modifies memory regions or requests functions that aren't compatible with the way the Wii U VC games works.

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I tried different base games when injecting SMG CC but all injects resulted in a black screen. I guess it has something to do with the patch itself. It probably modifies memory regions or requests functions that aren't compatible with the way the Wii U VC games works.

Weird, because smg2 works as inject with cc patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog