Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So are you go to HOME MENU? And choose SELECT PLUGINS?
Yes, I choose the plug for NES, I can play and after exiting the game to the console selection menu and trying to enter again, I have that there is no plug, I don't know why this is so?
if it's ok for Gameboy and not here ?? Should I change anything?

Unless it's the fault of the V7 plugs? today I will install everything again and I will give V6 plugs and let me know if it helped

Last edited by Deleted member 547976,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I choose the plug for NES, I can play and after exiting the game to the console selection menu and trying to enter again, I have that there is no plug, I don't know why this is so?
if it's ok for Gameboy and not here ?? Should I change anything?

Unless it's the fault of the V7 plugs? today I will install everything again and I will give V6 plugs and let me know if it helped
The rhapsodii Shima nes source menu button is set to use a plugin that you seem to be missing which is why you get no plugin message. Using the HOME MENU>SELECT PLUGINS only fixes temporarily . You need to get or change nes plugin the source menu button uses.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The rhapsodii Shima nes source menu button is set to use a plugin that you seem to be missing which is why you get no plugin message. Using the HOME MENU>SELECT PLUGINS only fixes temporarily . You need to get or change nes plugin the source menu button uses.
And ok, this way, ok, thank you very much for a specific hint, today I will check and give you a reply if it helped

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I did the tests, checked everything and the V6 + fix plugs show me the game right away, so this error is something with the V7 plug !! the question is whether a lot of changes have been made between v6 and v7? can i leave v6 how it works? thanks and it's great that I was able to fix the problem :grog:

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did the tests, checked everything and the V6 + fix plugs show me the game right away, so this error is something with the V7 plug !! the question is whether a lot of changes have been made between v6 and v7? can i leave v6 how it works? thanks and it's great that I was able to fix the problem :grog:
i still have v6. v7 just adds a few (new) plugins that i don't have much use for. maybe the magic # for a NES plugin somehow was changed which keeps it from working with rhapsodii shima source menu?

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i still have v6. v7 just adds a few (new) plugins that i don't have much use for. maybe the magic # for a NES plugin somehow was changed which keeps it from working with rhapsodii shima source menu?
So I understand how it works, it stays with V6 + fix, Besides, I can update the emulators dol file myself, thank you once more. Ps. maybe over time it will be possible to repair or release, for example, V8?

jayteef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to modify this theme…where do I start looking? All I really want to do is clean this up slightly for 4:3 use. Is it best to copy/rename the existing theme folder or will that break paths? Am I better off just working from a spare SD card?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to modify this theme…where do I start looking? All I really want to do is clean this up slightly for 4:3 use. Is it best to copy/rename the existing theme folder or will that break paths? Am I better off just working from a spare SD card?
if i were you i would copy rhapsodii shima.ini in themes_lite, rhapsodii shima folder in themes_lite, and rhapsodii shima.ini in coverflows. and rename them 'my rhapsodii shima' or 'rhapsodii shima mod'. the rhapsodii shima.ini in themes_lite is the main config that controls the buttons and texts coordinates and dimensions.

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @Tetsuo Shima I would like to ask you about the source_menu_flow of your theme. Will there be a way to put a logo instead of letters in the titles? Your answer would be of great help to me.

cwpk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima - I'm seeing the same black bar mentioned in the last 2 comments - specifically, it's the submenu, and it's still functional (as in you can click through it to get to, say, the wii games) - but you cannot see what you're clicking on; it's just a horizontal black bar where the menu items should be rendered

if you review the images from your initial post (back on page 1), the 2nd & 3rd images on the top row show the wii menu & retro consoles menu - I cannot post with links

in the wii menu, the submenu consists of the 'back arrow' image, wii, & gamecube
gbatemp.net /attachments /sep-14-2020-00h03m37s-png.224784/

in the retro consoles, the submenu shows the sega genesis, etc
gbatemp.net /attachments /sep-14-2020-00h06m59s-png.224787/

so - imagine, if you will, that is just a black bar ... what could be done to troubleshoot this?

---

apparently, I need to update - ran through wiiflow setup from the justin case youtube video -
and it bundled 5.4.6 - just noticed some comments from that video mentioning this problem & updating is the solution

if I don't reply or edit this comment further, assume that fixed the problem

Last edited by cwpk,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima - I'm seeing the same black bar mentioned in the last 2 comments - specifically, it's the submenu, and it's still functional (as in you can click through it to get to, say, the wii games) - but you cannot see what you're clicking on; it's just a horizontal black bar where the menu items should be rendered

if you review the images from your initial post (back on page 1), the 2nd & 3rd images on the top row show the wii menu & retro consoles menu - I cannot post with links

in the wii menu, the submenu consists of the 'back arrow' image, wii, & gamecube
gbatemp.net /attachments /sep-14-2020-00h03m37s-png.224784/

in the retro consoles, the submenu shows the sega genesis, etc
gbatemp.net /attachments /sep-14-2020-00h06m59s-png.224787/

so - imagine, if you will, that is just a black bar ... what could be done to troubleshoot this?

---

apparently, I need to update - ran through wiiflow setup from the justin case youtube video -
and it bundled 5.4.6 - just noticed some comments from that video mentioning this problem & updating is the solution

if I don't reply or edit this comment further, assume that fixed the problem
I believe that you may miss the images files, or have them in a wrong format (eg. .png's with transparencies are shown in black, .jpg's are not supported, etc.).
In general, I don't recommend to follow video tutorials. They're often outdated, or may be modded in some ways. I don't know about joostin's video, but it's always safer ti install everything, wiiflow included, from the official sources.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@cwpk @123yeetsreet Now that I think about it, since Wiiflow 5.4.4 jpg images are no longer supported, to prevent out of memory errors. In older rapsodii shima releases all the smallcovers images for submenus were infact jpg's, so I changed them all to png's.
So just install updated versions of wiiflow and the theme and this problem should be fixed

Reactions: impeeza

monologued

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping that someone can help me, I'm using the excellent Rhapsodii Shima theme, and I would really love to be able to switch through each of the Game Types I use (Wii WBFS, WiiWare, GameCube, PSX ISOs, N64, Genesis, SNES, NES, & MAME roms) simply by pressing the toggle next to the disc button pictured below. Is there a simple way I can configure WiiFlow to do this?
Mar-09-2022-22h42m41s.png

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i'm on wiiflow 5.4.6.
if in source_menu.ini i create a button that combine two magic number (for instance "sega"+"nintendo") is it possibile to associate it with a generic "games" background that it's not neither sega nor nintendo?
even the default vapor.png should be okay.
the background=tier???.png voice is only available under [GENERAL] section?
thanks, spinoman

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to explain me better:
i've created a button that show all platforms to make a quick way to play only the preferred games from the different systems all togher.
the background shown is always that one for capcom games, probably because that magic number is the lesser (in hexadecimal order) from that ones i use.
i'm searching a way to choose the background.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.