Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes it's even entertaining to find other ways around such limitations:)
For example, the "wheel menu" in my theme shows these big buttons with rounded corners. They are infact transparent .png's in sourceflow. But instead of transparent color there's black in Wiiflow.
So I created a black gradient in the background, with the black color serving as a means to hide the black corners of the buttons.
It's not perfect, you can still see them when you return back to the Wheel menu from another location. But when you look at the wheel, you never notice the black corners around the buttons.
I was thinking exactly about this.Working with limitations forces you to think out of the box, and hey, that's exactly how a lot of games we love we're made!
It also makes you wonder how much praise and love people like you and all the community deserves, it's rarely a easy job and yet people devote hours of their time and patience to it.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Scootyrooty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love your theme! There's not a matching forwarder channel is there?
Idk why this was posted twice. I also don't know how to delete this one. Sorry!

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello all,
who is currently the maintainer of the theme? I have a request. The current Beta10 of WiiFlow brings some new configuration options. These would have to be taken into account in the theme.

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello all,
who is currently the maintainer of the theme? I have a request. The current Beta10 of WiiFlow brings some new configuration options. These would have to be taken into account in the theme.
Where can i get wiiflow betas?

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for the reply, but the wiki says "On the page that opens scroll all the way down to see Artifacts and right next to the cube will be the download link." I'm doing this but it doesn't show the donwload link, or maybe i'm doing something wrong, the white text is not a link, just text.

imagen_2021-10-21_171416.png

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, but the wiki says "On the page that opens scroll all the way down to see Artifacts and right next to the cube will be the download link." I'm doing this but it doesn't show the donwload link, or maybe i'm doing something wrong, the white text is not a link, just text.

View attachment 280915
it's right there. it's the text 'wiiflow_lite_2e3504d'

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's Rhapsodii Shima theme ini file updated to work with wiiflow v5.5.0 beta 10. look in dev:/wiiflow/themes_lite to replace rhapsodii shima.ini

removed download link

see the fix in 2 posts later

Last edited by fledge68,

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's Rhapsodii Shima theme ini file updated to work with wiiflow v5.5.0 beta 10. look in dev:/wiiflow/themes_lite to replace rhapsodii shima.ini

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vf42a1906fhtzwq/Rhapsodii+Shima+ini+v5.5.0+beta+10.zip/file
Thanks. The deflicker filter in the per-game settings is still unaligned.

The theme is probably the most widely used with WFL. What do you think of the suggestion to add the theme as a repository under your GitHub account, i.e. parallel to WFL? Then everyone can contribute to it.

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. The deflicker filter in the per-game settings is still unaligned.

The theme is probably the most widely used with WFL. What do you think of the suggestion to add the theme as a repository under your GitHub account, i.e. parallel to WFL? Then everyone can contribute to it.
lets try this again shall we? I actually tested it this time all appears fine to me.
ini file fixed to work with wiiflow v5.5.0 beta 10.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eacovhdy3hgjks8/Rhapsodii_Shima_fix_for_v5.5.0_beta_10.zip/file

Reactions: FanNintendo

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I have been using wiiflow with Shima rhapsody for some time now it's great, I wanted to ask people who will know and help in an easy way.
I downloaded the new wiiflow 5.5 + I have downloaded plugins v7 + Shima rahsodii 5.4.9 I understand that I have to copy everything to the sd card and usb disk and overwrite it as it asks yes? what about plugins, how to configure them, I can't find the guide anywhere?
I don't know much about it and this plug configuration in wiiflow is a bit too much for me, thanks in advance for your help and easy explanation / instruction.
ps. Is there any chance for a new Shim Rhapsody release ew when can we expect?

Last edited by Deleted member 547976,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been using wiiflow with Shima rhapsody for some time now it's great, I wanted to ask people who will know and help in an easy way.
I downloaded the new wiiflow 5.5 + I have downloaded plugins v7 + Shima rahsodii 5.4.9 I understand that I have to copy everything to the sd card and usb disk and overwrite it as it asks yes? what about plugins, how to configure them, I can't find the guide anywhere?
I don't know much about it and this plug configuration in wiiflow is a bit too much for me, thanks in advance for your help and easy explanation / instruction.
ps. Is there any chance for a new Shim Rhapsody release ew when can we expect?
check this out - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/post-9684575

read this part:

here's an updated rhapsodii shima.ini for v5.5.0

rhapsodii shima v.5.4.9 theme

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you very much :D and how to solve the problem, when I choose plugins e.g. for gb, gbc, gba, it detects everything nicely, shows my games and every time I enter the game it's ok
NES every time I select a plug after quitting the game it disappears, I get a message, the plug is not selected and I have to select it again all the time?

Last edited by Deleted member 547976,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much :D and how to solve the problem, when I choose plugins e.g. for gb, gbc, gba, it detects everything nicely, shows my games and every time I enter the game it's ok
NES every time I select a plug after quitting the game it disappears, I get a message, the plug is not selected and I have to select it again all the time?
so you are saying the NES game loads and plays and when you exit the game it does not return to wiiflow?

what plugin emulator are you using for the NES game?

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so you are saying the NES game loads and plays and when you exit the game it does not return to wiiflow?

what plugin emulator are you using for the NES game?
This is not how I choose retro consoles - NES and it shows the inscription that I do not have a plug I choose the nes plug shows me a rom with the game when I finish the game and return to the selection of emulators and every time I enter nes I write that I do not have a plug?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not how I choose retro consoles - NES and it shows the inscription that I do not have a plug I choose the nes plug shows me a rom with the game when I finish the game and return to the selection of emulators and every time I enter nes I write that I do not have a plug?
So are you go to HOME MENU? And choose SELECT PLUGINS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1