RGH questions (dual nand, profiles)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Fudge, May 4, 2012.

May 4, 2012
  1. Fudge
    OP

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I'm planning on sending my Xbox 360 to get RGH'ed soon, and I have a few questions. I'm not a noob in the Xbox scene by any stretch, but I thought I would ask some questions. If I use my LIVE profile on my RGH, would I be at risk of getting it banned?? AFAIK, homebrew apps just wouldn't sync to the LIVE servers, and nothing would happen, although I'm not sure about this so correct me if I'm wrong. Also, is it possible to install a dual nand after the RGH is installed?? I would like to get back on LIVE over the summer, however for now I'm fine with just rocking an RGH. And finally, with hacked original Xbox emulators, will it attempt to boot anything I throw at it?? I'm aware some games just won't work, but I would like to mess with developer software and betas. I love stuff like that :P

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    You can use a LIVE profile on your hacked NAND but just don't boot any homebrew.
    It will add data to your profile.
    That includes XeXMenu and FSD.

The updated Xbox emulator only allows a few more xbox games afaik..
    I'd go for an old xbox if you want Beta games/Dev stuff tbh.
    It'll run without a hassle.

3. C-Kronos

Member C-Kronos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why are you suggesting to go for an older 360 if he wants to run betas or anything dev related..? I can boot betas and the such on my RGH Jasper, it's running the dev kernel. Now I need to add more RAM to the board and get a hold of a 64mb NAND and it'll no longer be a pseudo devkit.

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Old xbox as in Xbox 1 for Xbox 1 beta and dev stuff.

Beta and Dev stuff can be executed fine from a 360.

5. Rasas

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    Wait if your going for a dual nand you'll have to get a new chip depending on the one he uses. If it is a Coolrunner the demon should add dual nand support else wise don't send it. Try to get a Cyngos Rev E for dual nand now instead of having to spend more down the line.