Hardware rgb keyboards that integrate with games?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
so, i had a razer chroma, and when i launched overwatch, i was really surprised to see the keyboard "answers the game" (ramble pack anyone?)
i mean this:

it's really awesome.. the abilities keys change colours when they are ready to use, and the keyboard does something different on some characters, this is really notable with Lucio, the keyboard goes into "party mode" with the current music i am using (either speed or heal)

so, does other rgb keyboards from for example corsair or logitech have this function? or they basically just go show a profile with the keys i am suposed to use...?

TL;DR: asking about rgb keyboards with the hability of "colour ramble pack"

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Both Logitech and Corsair can have that sort of game interaction.

Here's Logitech with BF1

Couldn't find a decent Corsair video.

All three companies (Razer, Corsair & Logitech) have an SDK for that of interaction, whether it's implemented in the engine/game is down to the dev. Overwatch was partnered with Razer last I checked so for that particular game, it's unlikely there will be official support for the other brands.

Luckily though, there's Aurora. https://aurora.modworkshop.net/, to get away from that sort of exclusive nonsense.

Reactions: migles

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I might mention Terraria is getting Razer Chroma support soon (as in next update). Shovel Knight also already supports it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thought I might mention Terraria is getting Razer Chroma support soon (as in next update). Shovel Knight also already supports it.
what i seen in razer it was that few games support the chroma thing... it seems really cool but rgb is just a mess (my mobo has asus aura, cooler corsair link, keyboard chroma thing)
i hope they evolve with the rgb and make it more standart, or some company decides to make really cool open source software that supports all the different rgb stuff

heh i returned the keyboard, the software was kinda glitched, i had turned the rgb off for one day and it would periodically blink some some of the lights.. (kinda like it turned itself on and then remembered it was supposed to be off) some people have issues which they have to disconnect and connect the keyboard again..
hated the software being cloud based (wtf, keyboard needs to connect to the internet for some reason, maybe nsa?) for the offline version of the software (tournament drivers) i had to create an installer through the normal online software, it is so dumb..

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
what i seen in razer it was that few games support the chroma thing... it seems really cool but rgb is just a mess (my mobo has asus aura, cooler corsair link, keyboard chroma thing)
i hope they evolve with the rgb and make it more standart, or some company decides to make really cool open source software that supports all the different rgb stuff

heh i returned the keyboard, the software was kinda glitched, i had turned the rgb off for one day and it would periodically blink some some of the lights.. (kinda like it turned itself on and then remembered it was supposed to be off) some people have issues which they have to disconnect and connect the keyboard again..
hated the software being cloud based (wtf, keyboard needs to connect to the internet for some reason, maybe nsa?) for the offline version of the software (tournament drivers) i had to create an installer through the normal online software, it is so dumb..
I actually enjoy it being cloud based, but if you aren't using more than one pc with the same peripherals then I can see how it's pointless. But yeah that'd be cool if all RGB was under a standard so things would be a lot more organized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.