Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have experienced this save issue even when I constantly use the *+START hotkey.

Because of this,
I've used the *+START hotkey along with using the *+L hotkey afterwards and returning to file list, and I've done so at least 20 times since I lost my save file. Since then, I have experienced no save data loss.

So whenever you are done with the game:
1. *+START to dump the save
2. *+L to return to menu
3. Select the "return to file list" selection to ensure save data retention.

Do all of this BEFORE turning off your K101 unit, never turn it off at any other time unless you want to lose your save data.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have experienced this save issue even when I constantly use the *+START hotkey.

Because of this,
I've used the *+START hotkey along with using the *+L hotkey afterwards and returning to file list, and I've done so at least 20 times since I lost my save file. Since then, I have experienced no save data loss.

So whenever you are done with the game:
1. *+START to dump the save
2. *+L to return to menu
3. Select the "return to file list" selection to ensure save data retention.

Do all of this BEFORE turning off your K101 unit, never turn it off at any other time unless you want to lose your save data.

That is good way. I usually use the *+START hotkey along with using the *+L hotkey afterwards and returning to file list. Then I turn off the device. I will not lose the save file.

I will try your way to test other games.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay guys i do the advice of ruilong pressing the hotkey *+L and power off the revo.Im using it for 5 days and its working fine the saves only i want to complain that 32mb games doesnt work with the method of ruilong/potato3343.I hope the k-team do a fix with saves without using hotkeys.

M

MrJmanzor

So the save issue is still happening? i would hope that they can get that all fixed up. I haven't been able to get one yet but i wouldn't hesitate to jump on one if it wasn't for that save issue. Even if there are fixes i wish it was just working instead of having to rely on the customer to fix the problems. Still a great handheld for everything gba.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So the save issue is still happening? i would hope that they can get that all fixed up. I haven't been able to get one yet but i wouldn't hesitate to jump on one if it wasn't for that save issue. Even if there are fixes i wish it was just working instead of having to rely on the customer to fix the problems. Still a great handheld for everything gba.
Yes its is still happening k team are fixing the save issue on the revo k101.We have a temporary solution but it doesnt work with the 32 mb games until now wait for a firmware update.I will glad to hear from ruilong any progress about the saving issue on the revo k101.

suaviant

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys, just want to say I love this thing but I've been running into this save issue with Final Fantasy VI.

After reading this forum and trying lots of things, I've found the following results consistently:

(Using 12-12-29 Firmware, almost full charge and the 4gb micro-sd that came with the device with a Japanese Final Fantasy VI rom)

Power-on Revo
Select FFVI
Play game
Save in-game
Turn Revo off using power button (so-called Soft Off)
Results in: Empty save file

Power-on Revo
Select FFVI
Play game
Save in-game
* + Start Save Dump
* + L Menu
Results in: Valid save file

Power-on Revo
Select FFVI
Play game
Save in-game
* + Start Save Dump
Results in: Empty save file

Power-on Revo
Select FFVI
Play game
Save in-game
* + L Menu
Results in: Valid save file

This along with the opinions I've read here makes for strong evidence there is a problem with the Soft Off saving functionality. I can't tell if * + Start is making much of a difference, as Soft Off is destroying any save if it does exist between * + Start and powering off.

A successful save followed by a Soft Off in-game will overwrite the successful save with empty data.

Thanks to everyone here, at least now I have a temporary solution and I can get back to using this thing! The first time I lost my save in FFVI I was so miffed I stopped using my Revo and left it in a drawer for a few weeks until now. Other than this issue, a nice piece of hardware that I am very happy with. My regards to anyone who reads this who was involved with it's creation, etc. Good luck fixing this save issue!

On a side-note, I am now really tired of the opening scenario in FFVI....

Reactions: Gorefield
M

MrJmanzor

Thanks for the results of your trials, suaviant.

I went ahead and pre ordered one for myself. I don't know the exact number of orders that were put in but i imagine it's a bunch. I hate waiting but you gotta do what you gotta do.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ruilong any update from the revo k101? im waiting for a firmware to fix the save issue on the revo.We have a temporary solution but its useless playing with 32 mb i cant save so please any news it will great.

Gorefield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bad news on this topic. I recently played Mario Ball, saved in-game, dump-saved via *+start, went back to menu via *+ L, turned the device off. Just as it worked all the time.

Next time I started the game, the savestate was erased, I now have to restart from the very beginning. This is becoming highly frustrating. :(

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
k-team designed the SoC, and then they sell it to anyone who wants to put it into a device. they offer basic support to make sure the SoC is working properly. software related issues (like save files) fall on the shoulders of the people building and supporting the actual hardware. in this case that would be maxzhou. he is the brain behind the device and its software.

-another world

10basetom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tohodo.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I just want to say that I have the same issue with most of the people here: the save files are generated fine with the correct file size, but when I start the game it starts from the beginning again. It's as if the save files are never read.

This makes the Revo K101 pretty much useless to me and it will be my $60 paperweight unless this issue is resolved in an updated firmware.

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No more news from Ruilong, but problem still there. Maybe chinese new year is more longer this year!
I am very disappointed by this situation, my device is useless so i won't recommend it to no one!

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20th, March 2013- The latest news for Revo K101:
Good News! The third batch Revo K101 had been well restocked! We will arrange to send out those orders placed earlier. For compensation, we will send you the 8GB instead of 4GB memory card for each order. This is our gesture to apologize for this long time waiting!

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Tested a pokemon emerald and the save got deleted after a few hours, so i switched to 8GB
Sandisk microsd formatted with panasonic SDformatter [my unit came with 8GB Kingston/Class 4
microsd with games and mp3s preinstalled]
i also removed the k-card from the unit before ejecting the microsd card to transfer files and
so far all my saves are still intact.
cheats also works on unit with PID#: 00620601 but the Gamepic doesn't.
with a price of 60 bucks this clone beat a rare gba flashcart with RTC.
but the firmware really needs an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It must be the 1st already