Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We had completely understand what your problem is: You can save the games. And you can find the sav files. But the sav file is gone next time when you power up the Revo K101. This is not normal. We still do not know which problem caused the sav file miss.

We just test some games and they can be saved well. And we will see if these sav files will miss in these coming days.

We are now working with the manufacture. Hopefully we can bring you a solution in these coming days.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is the problem i am having. when i just shut it down (didn't save for whatever reason), the saves can go missing on the next bootup. that is not normal behavior at all. it points to something with the save writing. perhaps the saves are open for writing the entire time?

-another world
You should try brightness + start while in the game after you make a save file I do it all the time and my save files are still there.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a theory. When you switch off the device with the power button the device must save then switch off. However sometimes the device switches off too early, whilst it is still saving. Therefore the corrupt save file.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a theory. When you switch off the device with the power button the device must save then switch off. However sometimes the device switches off too early, whilst it is still saving. Therefore the corrupt save file.
I don't think this will happen. People here got their sav files deleted days ago when they saved games successfully. Then why they turn on the device then can not find the files?

These days I were keeping discussed with Maxzhou88. He did test some games you mentioned here. He can save the game and the sav file can be loaded next time when he turn on the game. I can show you the sav file if possible.

So the problem is whether this " sav file" problem happen to every GBA games? Or only a few of them? It is hard to test all the GBA games as there are too many of them. We can not test one by one. But Maxzhou88 did follow the way that we discussed before to save the game and the sav file did stay there- not deleted, not missed. What a strange thing.

The memory card he bought is the cheap one. And he can load in the sav file that he did even half years ago!

The reason he pointed out may be about the low power status on the device and some TF cards needs more power supported to save the games. We will keep test some games to see if the sav file miss.

Will report what we find in these coming days.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think this will happen. People here got their sav files deleted days ago when they saved games successfully. Then why they turn on the device then can not find the files?

These days I were keeping discussed with Maxzhou88. He did test some games you mentioned here. He can save the game and the sav file can be loaded next time when he turn on the game. I can show you the sav file if possible.

So the problem is whether this " sav file" problem happen to every GBA games? Or only a few of them? It is hard to test all the GBA games as there are too many of them. We can not test one by one. But Maxzhou88 did follow the way that we discussed before to save the game and the sav file did stay there- not deleted, not missed. What a strange thing.

The memory card he bought is the cheap one. And he can load in the sav file that he did even half years ago!

The reason he pointed out may be about the low power status on the device and some TF cards needs more power supported to save the games. We will keep test some games to see if the sav file miss.

Will report what we find in these coming days.
All the gba games do that... the save dissapears with no reason.I test those games:

Yoshi island
Doom
Doom 2
Fire emblem
Fire emblem sacred stones
Mario Tennis
Golden Sun
Golde Sun 2
Anguna
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero
Street Fighter Alpha

Those i test so far and the saves deletes when i power off the revo.It doesnt matter it the baterry is full or low because the saves always deletes when i power off the device.If you think ruilong its the microsd i will said no,because i buy 2 new microsd 4gb kingston from walmart and do the same the thing.

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm very disappointed, this thread is like an infinity loop!

Ruilong do you have a k101 ? could you try this case (it never works):

Test A (with Metroid Zero Mission (USA))
1. I've run a game, made a save, in the first slot (A), just after you got morph ball and...
2. Turn revo off with power button
3. Turn revo on
4. Loaded Metroid Z. again
5. Save slot - EMPTY
6. Checked save file on my PC: save file 139kb

So it's not normal, this case should be fixed, also case B (from Xuio post).

I am agree with mezut360:

Problem comes when device is switched OFF, after that all savestates are corrupted. So now please k-team should find a solution ASAP!

Reactions: mezut360

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is not a problem with time, but with device's behavior after pressing power on/off button. I believe that the revo, overwrites old save file with new file, which is empty/fresh (but NOT corrupted!). It will be always 139kb large, but it doesn't contain any game's progress, because it's NEW.

Something is wrong with this "SOFT OFF" function.

ps. ruilong - just test it with one game, which was mentioned in this thread - for example Metroid Zerio (U), please save in the game, turn the revo off with power button, turn the revo on with power button, load metroid (don't save!) , turn the revo off with power button again, turn the revo on with power button again, load metroid .... do it several times and i guarantee you, that you will loose your save progress.

Gorefield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been following the discussion for some time and just want to share my experience with the saving problem. For me, the problem is solved by ALWAYS pressing *+Start when I stop playing and then turn off the device. No matter if you didn't make any progress in a game or just started it, you HAVE TO save before you exit a game and then turn the Revo off!

Don't go back to the games list or anything. If you want to end a game, save it and turn off the device. I didn't have any lost savestates since I do so.

Maybe that helps, could someone test it on another device? But I do hope there will be a better solution by the next firmware update..

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Gorefield. Which firmware do you use ?

Because with previous firmware *+START cause the same issue. But if you confirm that you use the new one, that means something has been fixed in the new firmware. Anyways there is some other bugs with "SOFT OFF" function.

Gorefield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using the last firmware 12-12-29. As it is a GBA Clone, I guess the device just can't handle booting several Roms after another when running. I do it just like you do with a real GBA: I play and after one game I turn off the device before I choose another one. At least that way works for me until now and my saveslots won't erase...

Has anyone else met problems with a button being pressed permanently? From time to time the L-Trigger in my device seems to hang in action, which makes it impossible to use. After some time the button works correctly again, so it doesn't look like a mechanical problem?

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
:) For your problem with L button see with Ruilong.
I have had exactly the same problem, i have dismount the device to clean pcb near Left button after that no problem except savestates issue..

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a K101 pre-ordered but I think I'll ask for a refund until this issue is fully understood and resolved. Who should I contact? I mean, is Ruilong the guy who actually runs K1gba.com?

Gorefield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks SpikeSpiegel, I'll try to clean it.

Just to be more precisely:

1) You start and play a game
2) You want to end the game / start another one
3) press "*+start" EVEN if you did not improve in game progress
4) Turn the device completely off INGAME - don't go back to menu / not soft-off
5) NEVER get back to menu when exiting a game - otherwise all saveslots may be erased

Since I end games this way, no saveslots have been erased in any game. Even GB/GBC emulated ones.

Reactions: Xuio

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have similar experience, use *+Start and then turn it off and you should be good.

Btw. Should gba-flashcards work with revo? Because i have m3 lite perfect and ezIV and they don't...

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really concerned now. I went to the k101gba site and tried to log in. I got an error and was told that there was no account with my email address... :(

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks SpikeSpiegel, I'll try to clean it.

Just to be more precisely:

1) You start and play a game
2) You want to end the game / start another one
3) press "*+start" EVEN if you did not improve in game progress
4) Turn the device completely off INGAME - don't go back to menu / not soft-off
5) NEVER get back to menu when exiting a game - otherwise all saveslots may be erased

Since I end games this way, no saveslots have been erased in any game. Even GB/GBC emulated ones.

We will try this way to see if the save file can be there.

As I said before, Maxzhou88 had tested some games you mentioned before. He can save the games and the sav files are not deleted when he turn on the Revo again. Those save files that he did half years ago even there! I had asked him to test the Revo K101- from our first batch and the second batch. He did not have any problem on saving the games and those save files are not deleted or missed or can not be read! It is normal when he tested those games you mention here.

Please note that we are very sincerely to solve this problem. If possible, I can send you the save files to you. And you can check it. PM me if you want.

I think there might be something wrong with what you save the games and turn off the device.

What Maxzhou88 saved the game is: He just turn off the device when he come to some part that require him to save the game. He even did not use any hotkey to do that.

Coming to what Gorefield said, it is very similar to what Maxzhou88 did. You guys can try it. Or you can try Maxzhou88's way. When you come to a some part of the game that require you to save the game. You just save the game and turn off the device directly. And see if the save files are there next time when you turn on the device.

By the way, Maxzhou88 is the engineer in K-team and responsible for manufacturing this device. He did test the device and tell me the result.

At the same time, you do not need to patching the GBA roms to SRAM as it is no need for Revo K1O1. You can do this for flashcard but not for K1O1.

I think Maxzhou88 gave me an important information on saving files problem. You need to come to some part in the game where require you to save it. For some games, the save file may not be created or can not read when you save it at any moment. Did you guys just press the *+start at any time when play games to save the game?

I will get one unit Revo K101 at the end of this weekend. I will test it. We sold out all the batch when we restock from the manufacture. So it is hard for me to get one in hand.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really concerned now. I went to the k101gba site and tried to log in. I got an error and was told that there was no account with my email address... :(
Which site you visit? www.k1gbasp.com is the right site for people to buy Revo K101.

Make sure you got the right email and password when you log in. Every order whose payment completed successfully can be found on our system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill