Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
!! WARNING !!!

1. Download the firmware update file "K_FW.bin"
2. Copy "K_FW.bin" to your TF card and be sure to put the file under root directory
3. Keep pressing and holding the SELECT button and switch on your device's Power switch
4. You will see the following message shown on the screen:

New firmware loaded.
B: Abort & test firmware
START: Update firmware to SPI

5. Press "START" button to update Or Press "B" button to quit and test the new firmware

6. If you choose "START", you will see the following message:

Updating SPI...
K_FW.BIN

7. When finished, please switch off and then power on your device again.
8. Everything should be done now.
(9. If something wrong, repeat the update procedure again.)

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Questions:

What does it means P into title (http://www.advanscene.com/) ?

0870 P The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past & Four Swords

It seems that problem comes with this kind of games.With the new firmware save states seems working better with mario kart super circuit, but when i saved into zelda all my savestates are destroyed (strange and not normal).

On http://www.advanscene.com/, there is another rom:
0870 The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past & Four Swords

Save type is marked as Patched: Eeprom v122 - 64 kbit (Patched)
What does it means ?

Can someone confirm that there is still an issue with new firmware ?

Thanks.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the problem is not that we can not save, the problem is that saves are disappearing. the games save perfectly, we can usually load those saves many times. then, for no reason, we power up, launch the game, and the saves are missing. the issue is completely unrelated to the size of the rom. the issue, again, is not with saving but with saves being deleted or corrupted, etc, at some point.

i always verify my roms by CRC before testing. that way i can rule out the rom as being the problem. the same roms save fine with various flash kits and emulation. the issue must be revo related.

Save type is marked as Patched: Eeprom v122 - 64 kbit (Patched) What does it means ?

its possible the rom was released patched for sram, as so many flash kits were using it.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-tools-and-software.4562/

i don't know how the revo is handling the different save types. if they are simply creating a virtual sram, then perhaps some files need to be patched for sram before we use them.

-another world

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, another world you right, the problem is not that we can not save, the problem is that saves are disappearing.
And it's the same issue with the new firmware (see my last posts).

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same problem every game i used to save,the save is corrupted.this new fimware update doesnt fix the problem of thr saving issue.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feedback on saving games for this game:

Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island

The manufacture had tried to play this game on Revo k101. And it can be saved well. Here is what they done:

Simply turn off the K101 and the game is saved to the TF card. This is because Revo K101 is designed with "Soft" Power On and OFF. You guy can try this way to check if the game can be save of not.

To format the TF card, we did it under Windows XP. Selected FAT16/32 to format the TF card. DON'T USE NTFS!

The manufacture mentioned a tool called " GBA Tool Advance "- short called "GTA“ to make the plus to all Roms. This make sure all the save files to the SRAM memory mode. You can also try it.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
If it helps I have also been a victim of the random save deletion.
It happened to two games for me so far:
-Pokemon Emerald
-Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
I'm afraid to play, since losing game progress is a major downer (like the The Walking Dead save bug)

I'm using the TF card provided with the system.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the end-user should be not responsible for sram save patching their gba roms. the firmware should automatically do this when the game is loaded from msd into dram. i will double check all my roms, patch for sram, and see if saves are still deleted. i hope the problem is as simple as save type detection.

-another world

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's just me but does anyone else notice the lag in certain parts of Super Mario The Last Quest and the buzzing in Super Mario Bros 4.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any progress for the revo k101 saving issue?the last firmware doesnt fix the problem.im waiting for the real solution of this problem.

Dr0zD

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I can't save in "Turtles 1". May I be doing something wrong? What is a "soft on and off"?

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no problem with saving in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (I've patched rom for sram like another world said in #50). If I understand correctly, "soft off" means that when you turn off revo with power button, console will write save file on the microsd card automatically. What is "soft on" - i have no idea :)

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem with saving in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (I've patched rom for sram like another world said in #50). If I understand correctly, "soft off" means that when you turn off revo with power button, console will write save file on the microsd card automatically. What is "soft on" - i have no idea :)

You are right. That is what "soft off" means.:lol:

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unfortunately i'm too having despairing - saves issue, with Metroid - Zero Mission (U), to be precise. I couldn't patch it for sram, because gba-tool didn't allow me to do so (?). I don't know if it helps, but i've played some gb/nes/sms games before i've load metroid zero mission (i haven't restart revo because i was using softmenu option *+L).

ps. i'm running revo with newest firmware

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You patched your games with sram and dont have saving delete? Im glad to hear the saving issue is gone...so my games will be patched with sram.Any tools for gba patching sram? gba tool is okay but i want another patching tools.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I couldn't patch it for sram, because gba-tool didn't allow me to do so (?)

probably because the game already uses SRAM.

Rom Info:
Internal Name ZEROMISSIONE
Serial AGB-BMXE-USA
Version 1.0
Crc32 5C61A844
Complement 1D
Size 64 Mbit
Save Type Sram v113 - 256 kbit

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying