Hacking Returning Wii to Nintendo for repairs

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
copperteeth said:
I had my wii fixed a couple years ago, i think back in 2007 or 2008. Anyways...

My wii was one of the early models that was susceptible to the GPU overheating when on WiiConnect24 was running with the wii on standby. I sent my wii in for repairs and my drive had a chip that allowed me to play my legally created backups. all i did was cut the wires off at the leads and the remainders of the wires were CLEARLY visible. Also, the rubber feet were missing and the screws had markings on them that had shown obvious signs of tampering.

Nintendo never even asked any questions. They honored my warranty 100% anyways and no charges were made to my credit card.

In fact they sent me a brand new system.

A year later the drive failed on that wii, probably due to excessive use. It was basically used for at least 3 hours a day MINIMUM by my family combined with the fact i was using recordable media that probably wasn't too friendly on the drive lens.

Nintendo sent me yet another Wii because i didn't want to send mine in, i didn't mind paying money again for new points for the wii store and to go a day without a wii to play games on at all was not going to happen. When the wii came in the mail i decided to try and just swap the drive with the old one because that's all that was faulty in the first place. Sent back the brand new wii with the bunk drive, yet again still clearly visible wire leads coming off the drive.

This system however was NOT under warranty because it had expired by this point, i dont know if that made a difference or not.

So basically i sent back yet another tampered with system and no one asks any questions.

I dont know whose working in these RMA departments but they aren't too picky about what goes through.

EDIT: Almost forgot... In every case i have ever heard about sending in a Nintendo system for RMA or repair in the last 10 years, Nintendo has always just sent out a replacement system. Its too costly and takes too long to repair each one when its not even costing them $90 to make these things nowadays. (pure speculation on the cost)

Interesting. I was reading up on softmodded systems people were sending for repair and some people were claiming that Nintendo will charge you for more if they find any homebrews on your system. These were all recent developments, I believe, so maybe Nintendo's starting to get stricter with their policy.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with what MauiFrog says.

I've followed his guides before. He is legit and knows what he's talking about.
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge