Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I am going to ask you something heavy:
Out of the following flashcards, which ones work with 6.99? (Also, given the amalagamation of all your knowledge, why not 7.00?)

(5.1.0-11) ace3ds – plus – 001A rev PCB (ace3ds.com) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4iDSN 3DS (r4idsn.com) -(Revision 9, A & C Only) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4iGold 3DS (r4ids.cn) -(Revision 9, A & C Only) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4i Gold Plus (r4ids.com) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4i-SDHC 3DS 4.5/5.0 (r4i-sdhc.com) – No updated needed from 5.0.0-11
(5.1.0-11) R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com) – No updated needed from 5.0.0-11
(5.1.0-11) r4igold wood (r4igold.cc) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4iGold 3DS 2013 (r4igold.cc) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4infinity 3 (r4infinity.com) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4infinity 2 (r4infinity.com) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4infinity Dual Core 2013 (r4infinity.com) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4iTT Purple – NEW 3ds Sticker (r4itt.cc) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) R4i LL New 3DS (ndsill.net) – No updated needed from 4.5.0-10
(5.1.0-11) r4imax (r4imax.com) – Firmware update for 5.1.0-11
(5.1.0-11) R4i-Gold Pro 2013 (r4i-gold.com) – New Card
(5.1.0-11) 2013 R4isdhc Dual-Core (r4isdhc.com) – New Card
(5.1.0-11) 2013 New R4isdhc-silver (r4isdhc.com) – New Card
(5.1.0-11) R4iTT Purple – RTS (r4itt.net) – New Card

(This list shamelessly altered from here: http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/ )

Felix De La O

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please if anyone can help its you, im trying to play blaze black 2 on my ds. i cant play on my computer because i travel alot. ive just updeted to the most recent firmware but no luck. if theres anyway to i can play if that you know of id really appreciate it. i have a dstt.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why M3 is remove? I have M3 DS Real with me. If it is no longer to support for retrogamefan's update, then I am wasting my money for buy M3 DS Real. *sighs* What a troublesome. :(

molip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE please please reconsider adding M3 support again. I registered here just to say that I LOVE your work, but as an M3 Real user I can no longer benefit from it anymore. :cry: I know you probably won't even consider listening to some newbie, but it would be AMAZING if you could at least reconsider adding M3 cards back into the supported list.

Camplord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Umm..sorry for this question i checked all the folders where i had to read HowtoInstall to search for the R4 Gold Pro, im still confused, should i just copy the DAT folder or is there another folder i have to place in? Thanks in advance.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ M3 users
Install my Multicart v6.98 first, then copy the files from the DAT folder in v6.99 to your TTMenu folder on your µSD.

@ Dragon_Knight
Make sure you have copied usrcheat.dat to your µSD TTMenu folder or your carts menu/system folder

@ Camplord
Going by your carts own kernel, just copy the files from the DAT folder in v6.99 to the _rpg folder on your µSD and also copy usrcheat.dat to the _rpg/cheats folder on your µSD.

[START RAMBLE]
And of course r4i-sdhc.com comes out with a new kernel today, copying my fixes lol! Alot of the games on the changelog on their website are private dumps, that aren't available to the scene, so how could they fix them if they don't have the game...:blink: :blink::blink:. Crappy clone carts is all I'll say lol
[/END RAMBLE]

Camplord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
@ M3 users
Install my Multicart v6.98 first, then copy the files from the DAT folder in v6.99 to your TTMenu folder on your µSD.

@ Dragon_Knight
Make sure you have copied usrcheat.dat to your µSD TTMenu folder or your carts menu/system folder

@ Camplord
Going by your carts own kernel, just copy the files from the DAT folder in v6.99 to the _rpg folder on your µSD and also copy usrcheat.dat to the _rpg/cheats folder on your µSD.

[START RAMBLE]
And of course r4i-sdhc.com comes out with a new kernel today, copying my fixes lol! Alot of the games on the changelog on their website are private dumps, that aren't available to the scene, so how could they fix them if they don't have the game...:blink: :blink::blink:. Crappy clone carts is all I'll say lol
[/END RAMBLE]

im sorry, i really was hoping that DAT files would fix my issue with SMT-Devil Survivor game since it gets stuck when it says "Licensed By Nintendo", and i cant get Wood 1.52 to work since all it appears on my card on my Nintendo 3ds is a white screen, anyone else had this issue that can shed me some light? O.o. Thanks in advance.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone
A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :).
EDIT : Looks like I need to go through releases #3000-#3999 and check and confirm the data in the DATs...sigh!...LOL

@ Camplord
I checked this game in the DATs and found that part of the data was incorrect, so the game has been fixed in v6.99 6174. I've tried the game on my genuine DSTT and it loads fine with v6.99 6174, so if any problems persist for you after installing the latest DAT update (also delete the .sav for the game before trying again), follow the formatting instructions on the front page as it does sound like an µSD issue you're having. Unfortunately, I can't offer any assistance to why the latest version v1.52 of your carts own kernel isn't working for you (you would would be better off posting in the R4 section (and your cart doesn't use official wood updates, its using a ported version)) as I don't own or use your particular cart.

Camplord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
@ Everyone
A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :).
EDIT : Looks like I need to go through releases #3000-#3999 and check and confirm the data in the DATs...sigh!...LOL

@ Camplord
I checked this game in the DATs and found that part of the data was incorrect, so the game has been fixed in v6.99 6174. I've tried the game on my genuine DSTT and it loads fine with v6.99 6174, so if any problems persist for you after installing the latest DAT update (also delete the .sav for the game before trying again), follow the formatting instructions on the front page as it does sound like an µSD issue you're having. Unfortunately, I can't offer any assistance to why the latest version v1.52 of your carts own kernel isn't working for you (you would would be better off posting in the R4 section (and your cart doesn't use official wood updates, its using a ported version)) as I don't own or use your particular cart.

My god...you are a God, it solved the problem :lol:. I have been searching the solution to no avail until this! Thanks a lot!

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
You have still not answered my question...
...or are you taking your time?

Try comparing the short flash cart list in the How to Install.txt inside the DAT folder with Pong's list.
The previous RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update 6.98 also has a flash cart reference guide.

Kunda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

Thank you for your fantastic work. I'm using your releases quite a long time (until waio for r4 clones is discontinued). I never had a problem installing and using it. I'm doing anything as it is described in your files. After upgrading from 6.68 to 6.99 (havent checked for updates for quite a long time) the ds didnt boot into ysmenu. I try to install 6.98 and everything works fine again. Out of this reason i didnt believe its a matter of my sd-card or the flash-module. By the way: I'm using a R4SDHC module. Using 6.99 the ds boots up and asked for creating a save file. When done, the ds states to create TTMENU.sys. Then the top screen turns black and the screen below turns white. Nothing else happens. The proplem persists after several changes between 6.98 and 6.99, regardless if i do a clean install or try to overwrite 6.98 or use the newest dat-file or using a plain 6.99 installation.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. I got an R4i-SDHC v5.0. The problem is that, no matter whether I use an 8 GB Kingston Class 4 card, 16 GB Samsung Class 2 Card, or 8 GB Sandisk Class 2 Card, Pokémon White 1 would not load past the 'file select' screen nor Rocket Slime would load at all. I even tried the original firmware to the same effect!

ADDENDUM: I knew that the memory card was at fault! The issue was that I refused to use the official formater! (The official formater did wrong with my computer, but I used the official formater under someone else's computer. Now the games work.)

EPILOGUE: ...now they broke again. What is wrong? I so wish I could return the flashcard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work