Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Net Sphere Engin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey man can you explain to me what is this DAT function? I never used it! I just download the Latest Firmware Update and I can play games alright!

Why don't you try to format your card? This kind of error is fixed when I format my card.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man can you explain to me what is this DAT function? I never used it! I just download the Latest Firmware Update and I can play games alright!

Why don't you try to format your card? This kind of error is fixed when I format my card.
YSMenu uses external DAT database files to load roms. The DAT database file tells YSMenu/TTMenu special instructions to load each rom, such as how to handle the AP, and what SAV type to use.

markstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking into buying the card R4i SDHC from http://www.r4isdhc.com (not the same as r4i-sdhc.com)

What kind of clone is this card ?

Code:
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.INI

CHEAT.DAT

brightness.bin
reset.bin
romframe2.bin
romfram1.bin
dldi.bin
unicode.u2l
unicode.u2u
unicode.and

Will it work with any of the Retorgamefan's kernels ?

RudElph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Everyone

New DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :).

@Zekrom_cool

Yes Harvest Moon Two Towns (U) works.

@SoftKitty

Please make sure you use clean dumps/roms only. By the sounds of things, you are using the patched version of Kirby Mass Attack (U). I have added patched support for this game only BUT I will remove it most likely in my next full update.

@Net Sphere Engineer
I just tested the clean version of Last WIndow (E) on my genuine DSTT and played up to about 1/2 through Chapter 2 without it freezing. I would suggest you download the new DAT Update 5854 and install it to your microSD. Please use a fresh new .sav for 5213. If that doesn't fix your issue, it maybe because of your microSD

@Davaca

Please backup your microSD to your PC, then FULL FORMAT your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter (in the Extras folder). Then extract the M3Real_M3iZero YSMenu Folder from my v6.69 Update to your PC and open it. Then once your microSD has been formatted, copy the files to the root of your microSD. So you need to copy the following to your micrSD :

System folder
TTMenu folder
SRESET.DAT
YSMenu.nds

Then download the new DAT Update 5854 and copy the 4 DATs to your TTMenu folder.

Reactions: 1 person

markstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking into buying the card R4i SDHC from http://www.r4isdhc.com (not the same as r4i-sdhc.com)

What kind of clone is this card ?

Will it work with any of the Retorgamefan's kernels ?
Which card exactly?
There are many different cards: white - idsn, silver - ttds, black - m3i
But all of them are not 1:1 clones. The best suitable to RGF is silver (http://www.r4isdhc.com/rtssliver/).

The files I listed was from the WHITE firmware. The firmware for RTS Silver looks like this

Code:
R4.DAT

infolib.dat
lib.dat
savlib.dat
extinfo.dat
mem.dat
wifi.dat
sec.dat
vram.bin
app.dat
list.dat
syreset.dat
dldi.dat

Recognize this from any other card ?

SoftKitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Everyone

@Zekrom_cool

@SoftKitty

Please make sure you use clean dumps/roms only. By the sounds of things, you are using the patched version of Kirby Mass Attack (U). I have added patched support for this game only BUT I will remove it most likely in my next full update.

@Net Sphere Engineer
I just tested the clean version of Last WIndow (E) on my genuine DSTT and played up to about 1/2 through Chapter 2 without it freezing. I would suggest you download the new DAT Update 5854 and install it to your microSD. Please use a fresh new .sav for 5213. If that doesn't fix your issue, it maybe because of your microSD

@Davaca

Please backup your microSD to your PC, then FULL FORMAT your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter (in the Extras folder). Then extract the M3Real_M3iZero YSMenu Folder from my v6.69 Update to your PC and open it. Then once your microSD has been formatted, copy the files to the root of your microSD. So you need to copy the following to your micrSD :

System folder
TTMenu folder
SRESET.DAT
YSMenu.nds

Then download the new DAT Update 5854 and copy the 4 DATs to your TTMenu folder.

Kirby.Mass.Attack.NDS.PATCHED

this is the name of the file I am using are you saying to use the clean ROM? non patched?

Is this one right?

XXXX - Kirby Mass Attack (USA) (RomU 10th Exclusive).nds

EDIT: I got the patched ROM working, I updated the DAT files but I didn't KNOW that I had to run the TTDS menu from my R4 menu and all this time i have been running it via the TTDS on my homescreen and now Kirby works =D THANKS RETRO you are my HERO

RudElph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The files I listed was from the WHITE firmware. The firmware for RTS Silver looks like this

Code:
R4.DAT

infolib.dat
lib.dat
savlib.dat
extinfo.dat
mem.dat
wifi.dat
sec.dat
vram.bin
app.dat
list.dat
syreset.dat
dldi.dat

Recognize this from any other card ?
White? Are you sure?
Just downloaded http://down4.nds9.com/r4isdhc-white/r4isdhc-white1.30.zip
Code:
_DS_MENU.DAT
WOODR4.NDS

etc.
Looks like wood.

Examine Rotten P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harvest Moon Two Towns (U) does open, but it freezes when I try to save. I have a genuine Sandisk SD card and it still doesn't work, even after updating the DAT, formatting it and switching ROMs. Apparently, a few other people are having this problem as well.
What can I do to fix this? :( Or am I doing something wrong?

5829 - Harvest Moon Two Towns (U)
I use a DSTT.

Net Sphere Engin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Everyone

@Zekrom_cool

@SoftKitty

@Net Sphere Engineer

@Davaca

System folder
TTMenu folder
SRESET.DAT
YSMenu.nds

I already tried that using two different SD cards and I still got the freezing. Hotel Dusk had a similar error but I fix it by formating and just leaving one rom in my SD. If it's my cards I just have to stick with the cracked rom them.

retro you that know lot's of this things Is my cracked version ok? like it's the same game as the clean rom but they cracked it to prevent the freezing errors right?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanx you saved my r4i-gold.hk from going into the trash. Now I can play all the new games. Kriby mass attack even works. Big thanx.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this question was asked a couple of times, but I read the Readme and everything, but I never found anything regarding this clone my friend is having a problem with. So does R4 Plus(http://r4.ndsl.cc/) work with this? I tried the one in this folder "R4_Orginal_R4_Clone YSMenu" but it's not working properly. It loads YSMenu and everything but when I boot a game it freezes.

Snorlax1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi I have a problem with ysmenu. I have a r4sdhc (I hate that card :P) and i can play kirby mass attack with no problem at all. But when I try to start 999 (9 persons 9 hours 9 doors) I get a black screen. So anyone a idea to fix this weird problem?

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Snorlax1994
Please backup your microSD to your PC, FULL FORMAT with the Panasonic SD Formatter, reinstall firmware, download v6.70 and install. I have tested 5356 and it works.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la