Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

SilverGBA

Trophies
XP
Country
RetroGameFan, if i wasnt allready engaged....
Love you man *big hugs*
plants versus zombies, sushi-go-round *sniffle* i never thought i would get them to work
biggrin.gif

and now my DSTT is good for more than just older games and reading FanFiction
biggrin.gif

you made my year (and yes i AM that boring. i have to have *something* to read while purging windows of viruses and so forth in the back at work ^^)

Atsuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried Ysmenu and WAIO, but neither seem to get rid of the anti-piracy because once I get done talking to the professer, it freezes at the black screen.

I also tried the patched and clean roms of both Pokemon white (U) and (E) I really want to play this. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I have used your Ysmenu menu for R4sdhc.com because that's where I got mine from, but it still freezes at the professor lady.

If it helps any, my mini sd card is a 4gb PNY class 4

Please help me.

saikkussu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcart:
R4 SDHC (www.r4sdhc.com) Its the plain looking black one with sdhc on it and about 3 years old if that matters.

Firmware:
1.34 for default and dual booting both RGF's TTMENU/ YSMENU 24241-R4SDHC (www.r4sdhc.com) v6.53, and WAIO 1.15 Repacked 2.9 beta.

Issue:
Pokemon Black and White e/u/j both patched and clean AP- waio only can play patched j rom and only has union room problem but ysmenu can only boot save menu and black screens after professor, no matter the version.

Tried:
Updating dats libs and replacing ttmenu folder from the multicart update folder

It seems I've done what most people have said- and it still doesn't work. I'm sure there is someone out there with an answer.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Everyone,

v6.54 has been released and the front page has been updated
smile.gif

Also, people complaining about games like Pokemon Black/White not working, it's because your using a poor quality microSD, not the fixes. I use a genuine SanDisk 8GB class2 microSD (not the mobile type) and I have never had a problem running any known working game.

iPrincey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have an R4 SDHC card, I'm using your firmware (R4SDHC) + a clean pokemon black (U) rom that I manually patched with Dicastia's AP patch, everything works up to the point after the professor, I get a black screen when the "adventure" starts. Help please? I've tried everything. My microSD is 4gb.

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPrincey said:
Hey, I have an R4 SDHC card, I'm using your firmware (R4SDHC) + a clean pokemon black (U) rom that I manually patched with Dicastia's AP patch, everything works up to the point after the professor, I get a black screen when the "adventure" starts. Help please? I've tried everything. My microSD is 4gb.

Try the CLEAN rom. Don't patch it.

iPrincey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
animex2k9 said:
iPrincey said:

Just tried it, gave me the same results. Using YSMenu, not Wood R4 or anything else.
This is my card:
R4box.jpg

Would really appreciate a fix, I've been having this problem for days.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPrincey said:
animex2k9 said:
iPrincey said:

Just tried it, gave me the same results. Using YSMenu, not Wood R4 or anything else.
This is my card:
R4box.jpg

It is unlikely that you have an R4. you did not state that it is a legit, real R4. so you must be new. anyone who has a REAL R4 knows they need to state it as such. Its possible you have a Real R4, but its just as likely that you don't. Also, the firmware is, in a way, Universal. so any issues your having are likely caused by a bad rom.

iPrincey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
iPrincey said:
animex2k9 said:
iPrincey said:

This is my card:
R4box.jpg

It is unlikely that you have an R4. you did not state that it is a legit, real R4. so you must be new. anyone who has a REAL R4 knows they need to state it as such. Its possible you have a Real R4, but its just as likely that you don't. Also, the firmware is, in a way, Universal. so any issues your having are likely caused by a bad rom.

So my R4 is a clone? What firmware do I use to get it working?

Anyways, I'm sure the ROM isn't bad, because if it is then I don't know which rom to use because I've tried so many. The (J) one works fine for me, but I wanted to use the official (u) version (don't like playing with japanese pokemon names -_-).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think