Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

chinhodado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say that Retro - you are the savior of my life! Your Ysmenu put an end to my long-lived agony with various attempts to get something out of my R4 clone - the card that I once thought was nothing more than a piece of junk. Now it runs perfectly every game I have ever tried on it, and it's all thanks to you. Every time it fails to play a new game, I check your post and cry with joy to see that you have restlessly put your effort in so that the name of the game is already in the list

I think that's enough to show my gratitude and appreciation toward you. Hope you all the best mate

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
retrogamefan said:

kooltilldend said:
just tried Marvel Super Hero Squad - The Infinity Gauntlet (USA) (suxxors version) and had earlier tried the multi2 version (Deutsche, Italian)...both games seem to hang at the same place

when you control IronMan and Wolverine and try to hack into the terminal...the game will initially try to work the terminal properly but then suddenly the bottom screen will simply show lots of "!" marks and you can no longer control IronMan or do anything else in the game

anyone wanna confirm this?

cheers!
I do not have any such problems with any of the 3 versions of Marvel Super Hero Squad - The Infinity Gauntlet. Could you possibly upload your save for me please and post the link here for me?

I tried it again but still the same problem...also I made a save file but it keeps taking me back (in-game) to a few steps before the terminal hack part

anyways here's the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?czjjv6rr52uevie

lemme know how it goes for you!

cheers!

p.s. the sav file is for the suxxors version but I'm sure it'll work for all versions...anyways I leave the tech stuff to you ^^

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@kooltilldend,

For some reason I was thinking of another game LOL!
tongue.gif
In Marvel Super Hero Squad - The Infinity Gauntlet the bottom screen is supposed to do change to question marks and you have to press in order the correct sequence on the bottom screen to replicate the hack you have just been shown.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
kupo3000 said:
Tales of Innocence (Absolute Zero English Patched) freezes at the start of the animated intro.
I used a clean J ROM and applied the english patch using xdelta patcher.
Also formatted the sd card using the Panasonic formatter and it still freezes.
My DSTT card is using the latest menu (6.50).

-Edit- Temporary bypass, quickly press "A" a few times to skip the intro and avoid the freeze.

Activating DMA mode fixes the intro.
moogle.gif

dragodracini

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragodracini said:
Ok, here's my problem, I'm using an R4 SDHC clone(I use the firmware from r4sdhc.com 1.34 as my base), and I know YSMenu can work on it because I've had it before. What I'm not understanding is, I downloaded the seperate update like it said to for R4 SDHC and it isn't working, I load up TTMenu.nds and it just hangs on the loader for it, the little squares just keep rotating.

I'm just trying to get the Pokemon Distro Cart 2011 to work so I can get the shiny Suicune. @.@ Am I trying to use the version for the real SDHC or something? I can't find anyone with the problem.

I followed the instructions for installation to the letter. I used Panasonic to format the card(though the Flash Erase portion of it didn't work since the card doesn't support it... everything still erased though).

Then I copied over the files the instructions told me to, then I added the games to the games folder, then I tried loading up TTMenu, and it hangs at the loader.

@.@ Any help would be appreciated... Sorry if this has been answered, but I honestly couldn't find it, and I did look...

Nevermind guys, using the TTMenu folder from the R4 SDHC Retro Fix download and pushing around some older YSMenu files that worked on an older version of YSMenu got it to work, and it works 100% correctly it seems like.

red502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Everyone,
Regarding microSD class speed : I only use genuine SanDisk CLASS 2 microSD and I have never had any problems having games load/save or freeze. These symptoms will happen though with inferior quality microSD's and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. So all I can suggest is that you use a genuine quality brand of microSD like SanDisk or Kingston.

QUOTE(red502 @ Feb 27 2011, 04:08 AM)
4863 - Touch Man to Man Gicho Yeongeo (K)
could not loaded save file when restart
6.50 version same too

I have looked at 4863 and tested and it now loads and saves properly and hand writing is recognised, so wait for v6.52 please.

? I use genuine SanDisk CLASS 4 microSDHC 8G
Thank you for your assistance with this matter ^^

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
@retro

ahhhhh couldnt've predicted that in ages! I blame the game for that lol although I can't imagine how I forgot to try such a simple task!!

cheers mate

Z

Zorua

none888 said:
hey retro love your work anyways why do i keep getting error code 4 on kingdom hearts recoded suxxors release

Have you tried formatting your SD using SD Formatter?

Follow these steps:

1) Format your SD using SD Formatter.
2) Grab a fresh version of RetroGameFan's update.
3) Extract it to the root.
4) Get a clean dump of Kingdom Hearts: Recoded.
5) Put it on your SD and try running it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...