Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I'm at work at the moment, but perhaps @infidelity, @ploggy or @cucholix could test this core with ColecoVision ROMs and see if they got them to run. I'll try them out if there is still no word if it works by the time I get home :)
yeah maybe @ploggy can try tapper :D
during Wii days I made RA forwarder and put some random arcade boot sound that I find online, later I learnt that it was from Tapper lol, couldn' t help to remember that when I see that name, and @ploggy lol
IMG_20180127_000235[1].jpg

Tappper does indeed work after @rioray change ;)
(make sure you set the bios directory to sd:/retroarch/system.. already set to that? tough, set it again to be sure)
I had a DSI Error at first, even though the path was set.. after resetting the bios path it worked.. so if you get an error after using Riorays new BlueMSX file, reset the bios path first.. :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
View attachment 112237
Tappper does indeed work after @rioray change ;)
(make sure you set the bios directory to sd:/retroarch/system.. already set to that? tough, set it again to be sure)
I had a DSI Error at first, even though the path was set.. after resetting the bios path it worked.. so if you get an error after using Riorays new BlueMSX file, reset the bios path first.. :)
Where do I download the thumbs up?
Lol jk. @infidelity once @rioray makes the changes to blueMSX's source, make sure to grab the nightly after the PR.

Glad this issue got sorted out thanks to rioray's black coding magic ;p

Reactions: lordelan and ploggy

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol jk. @infidelity once @rioray makes the changes to blueMSX's source, make sure to grab the nightly after the PR.

PR was rejected (it was a bad hack to bypass the issue and not to fix it) so it will not be in.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi guys, I know this isn't the "official" retroarch forum but truth be told, over there no one ever answers or even acknowledges reports so I guess it's better to post over here.
I have 2 reports and 1 question.

Reports:

1. The mednafen_vb (beetle handy) core doesn't work. Not only on Wii U but on PC as well. (using 2018-01-27_RetroArch_rpx.7z at the moment but the same thing happens with the stable release). I have the no-intro romset (verified with clrmame pro) and using the correct (MD5: fcd403db69f54290b51035d82f835e7b) lynxboot.img lynx BIOS.
My structure is as follows:
SD:/roms/
SD:/retroarch/cores/system/lynxboot.img
Am I doing something wrong or is the core just borked ATM?
it either crashes with the attached code dump or just kicks me to the HBL.

2. If I try to change content while other type of content is running 9 out of 10 times it crashes and gives me a code dump (the same, or similar to the one attached, again. Can't remember really) Say for instance I'm running a SNES rom on SNES9x, and then load a genesis game (genplusgx) WITHOUT first closing the SNES rom running it crashes.

Question:

1. Maybe (probably) this is a stupid question, but would it be possible for me to rename a core (say from "nameofcore.rpx" to "nameofcore_2.rpx") and create it's own .info file and have it work as a separate core?
The reason I'm asking is because I obviously run genplusgx for GENESIS, MS, GG and SCD. And I have a particular setting and overlay for each of the systems. What I've been doing so far is to create configs on a per game basis. Which works, but as you can imagine is very, VERY tedious when you have a large collection. And since I primarily use playlists as a way to acces my content it would be much easier to just rename the core, and launch each rom on its own variation of it.
Same thing with gambatte (gb/gbc)
If it's possbiel, but maybe not in the way I was planning could you help me with that?
I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180127_005132.jpg
    IMG_20180127_005132.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
made a second PR to done like other console . seem to fix the problem

https://filebin.net/rzi17m4d4neb7j74

@sideskroll renaming the core and create info file accordingly should be ok , i did it often.
Thanks. Any chance you would mind adding the vectrex core to the buildbot again. It’s been off it for a while. If I knew what I was doing I’d happily do it myself. Thanks @rioray

Loki_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last time I checked Die Hard arcade and similar 3D arcade games are still not playable
because they require a huge amount of code that is not available on Retroarch Wii U atm.
Thanks. I thought it was not decent playable, but how can i fix the bios issue to make the game at least start?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
made a second PR to done like other console . seem to fix the problem

https://filebin.net/rzi17m4d4neb7j74

@sideskroll renaming the core and create info file accordingly should be ok , i did it often.
Thanks for the reply. Sadly, it doesn't work like that. What I'm trying to do is to save a core override under another name so it can be loaded by that specific "instance" (renamed) of the core.
Let's say I make 3 copies of genesisplus GX, leave the "original" name as is, name the second one "game gear" and the third one "master system". I load a SMS game, configure the core like I want to, save the core override, exit. Load a GG game, configure it, etc etc. It doesn't matter. The core override is still named "Genesis Plus GX" so it doesn't matter which system I load, it still uses the same config.... smh.
There should DEFINETELY be a simpler way to do what I want. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.... right? :S
Anyway, the main issue really is the lynx core not working, at all.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome! Just grabbed the 1-27-18 nightly build, ColecoVision works! :-D I love this consoles version of Centipede! Thank you very much!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. Sadly, it doesn't work like that. What I'm trying to do is to save a core override under another name so it can be loaded by that specific "instance" (renamed) of the core.
Let's say I make 3 copies of genesisplus GX, leave the "original" name as is, name the second one "game gear" and the third one "master system". I load a SMS game, configure the core like I want to, save the core override, exit. Load a GG game, configure it, etc etc. It doesn't matter. The core override is still named "Genesis Plus GX" so it doesn't matter which system I load, it still uses the same config.... smh.
There should DEFINETELY be a simpler way to do what I want. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.... right? :S
Anyway, the main issue really is the lynx core not working, at all.
The Atari Lynx core works fine for me.. Try setting your Bios directory to the System folder rather than the Lynx Bios itself..
SD:/retroarch/cores/system/lynxboot.img = WRONG
SD:/retroarch/cores/system = RIGHT :)

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atari Lynx works on my end too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question, I'm trying to use shaders that I got. The folder is called "common-shaders-master" and inside it are tons of other folders. I was trying to see what the game boy boarder of the system itself with the green screen would look lile, but every time I try to search through a folder for a shader file, it just comes up empty?

Is the wiiu working for shaders? Sorry if this has been asked befote, this shader thing is new to me, and I'm having fun with all the graphical garnishing I've been trying out with the xmb, and I'm now curious on doing the same for the cores.

Reactions: ploggy

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@LibretroRetroArc said on twitter that shaders would be working on Wii U at 1.7.1 version, before that i think we're seeing only proofs of concept and shaders compiled with the official SDK, wich can't be shared here because it's illegal

So we need to wait just a little bit more.
Also there are some issues when applying shader presets (they don't apply right away upon loading content), you need an extra step, so hopefully by 1.7.1 those problems will be fixed too :)

Last edited by cucholix,

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, gotcha! Thanks for the info!

I have 2 more questions please.

1: will there ever be some sort of cache setup for when you scroll through your games list that has images being displayed for it, whether it'd be boxarts/screenshots/etc? I ask because it's is painfully slow to me, when scrolling though my roms playlists. Wiiflow for the Wii, had a feature that created a cache of all the box arts that were loaded once, so that when you returned to the previously viewed images, the app would load a cache, and not the large image itself, creating a very fluid scrolling through whatever list you are scrolling through. Is this something that could possibly be implemented?

2: I asked this before, but not sure if i might've understood the response. Is there a way to have boxarts/screenshots appear for whatever game(s) are in your favorites list?

Thank you!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
And now i'm curious ô___o
It's nothing out of ordinary lol, the extra step is just that you need press Apply Shader to load a preset shader, the idea is that preset shader gets loaded automatically once you run a content, so you don't need to press Apply Shader everytime.

Reactions: Osakasan

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
mednafen_vb is not lynx, it's virtualboy
I know, my bad. Meant to type mednafen lynx.
The Atari Lynx core works fine for me.. Try setting your Bios directory to the System folder rather than the Lynx Bios itself..
SD:/retroarch/cores/system/lynxboot.img = WRONG
SD:/retroarch/cores/system = RIGHT :)
I have it like that. All the other bios' and system files work fine. But I can't get lynx to work for the life of me... Not even on PC, like I mentioned. Are you using stable or nightly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation