Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the old folder but it does not work if I put the gba separately it works super well, not all in one of the black screen when I open the ron followed by the error dsi

Yeah, I'm tempted to file a GitHub report today. I mean, granted, no one expects perfection (perfect emulation is...extremely difficult to achieve)..that being said, it's hard to say why RA break the core, but it runs perfectly outside of RA.

Reactions: maiquinhofalkao

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I keep compiling Stella and it will crash with an ISI Exception when I start it. There is definitely something wrong in the main Retroarch build. I also had VECX crash, and I don't know if anyone has gotten virtualjaguar to ever work, but it crashes too.I'm going to have to try a slightly older build later today and see what happens.

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep compiling Stella and it will crash with an ISI Exception when I start it. There is definitely something wrong in the main Retroarch build. I also had VECX crash, and I don't know if anyone has gotten virtualjaguar to ever work, but it crashes too.I'm going to have to try a slightly older build later today and see what happens.

Then shouldn't we all file reports en masse?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i got a virtual jagaur file compiled by soemone here i forgot the anem but its before the retroarch update if you need one.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday downloaded the 2017-01-25 build and tried to use the standalone app along with its cores. I deleted the retroarch folder entirely and put the one that came with the build in the root of the SD card, however, the app never starts, it always takes me back to the HBL

What am i doing wrong? ó__o

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday downloaded the 2017-01-25 build and tried to use the standalone app along with its cores. I deleted the retroarch folder entirely and put the one that came with the build in the root of the SD card, however, the app never starts, it always takes me back to the HBL

What am i doing wrong? ó__o

I don't get how this isn't working for people, it works fine for me >.> You have to put the cores in the Cores folder.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Also did you really delete your retroarch folder everytime? Just delete your config files peeps, you are wiping out your bios in the process xD

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get how this isn't working for people, it works fine for me >.> You have to put the cores in the Cores folder.
Not even that, you literally just copy the 2 folders in the zip to the root of the SD card. They couldn't have made it any simpler for everyone.

As mentioned above though, I just delete the 3 files in the retroarch folder. There's no sense in deleting all the bios files everytime.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even that, you literally just copy the 2 folders in the zip to the root of the SD card. They couldn't have made it any simpler for everyone.

As mentioned above though, I just delete the 3 files in the retroarch folder. There's no sense in deleting all the bios files everytime.

Yeah, that's what I did, delete config files, make sure there's a Cores directory, voila, works like a charm, except mGBA being broken when loading via the main app, I've since reported that and the team is aware of the issue.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I did, delete config files, make sure there's a Cores directory, voila, works like a charm, except mGBA being broken when loading via the main app, I've since reported that and the team is aware of the issue.
I tried making a Stella, vecx, and atarijaguar core, and they all crash immediately when starting them. Not even when I try to load a ROM, just loading the cores makes them crash. It's really starting to get frustrating to say the least.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried the Fuse (ZXSpectrum) core from http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/fuse_libretro ?

For the first time, I'm able to load and run a rom fine which is great but I cannot seem to setup so you can press a key on the virtual keyboard
as doing so keeps toggling the Retroarch menu appearing.

I tried following guide at https://github.com/libretro/fuse-libretro Input Devices section but couldn't figure it out.
guess i'll have to go back to zxds on my 3ds - which is great - but ideally would like a wiiu solution

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried making a Stella, vecx, and atarijaguar core, and they all crash immediately when starting them. Not even when I try to load a ROM, just loading the cores makes them crash. It's really starting to get frustrating to say the least.

Either way, the issue seems moderately serious as the team has Aliaspider looking into the issue as we speak.

Tarpii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blessed are the developers who have made RA on the Wii U a possibility, you are doing the lords work. Thank you.

Has anyone managed to get a 4 player game working in snes 9x? I have Gamepad and a ProController working fine for 2 player games, but when I connect a couple of classic controllers RA seems to only see one of them in the menus, but the game doesn't see either. If I set one controller in RA as a multitap it seems to duplicate inputs as both P1 and P3. Ambitious aiming too high, or have I just got the config wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol