Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to chime in here to remind people keep their expectations reasonable. For a preview build RetroArch on Wii U is seriously impressive stuff but remember, the Wii U's CPU is only a tri-core PPC 1.24 GHz processor. There aren't a whole lot of functional PPC dynarecs around and likewise, GX and GX2 code isn't necessarily cross-compatible. Positivity is good but I'd rather not have the thread do a 180 because users start demanding unreasonable features (aka, perfect full speed SNES on an O3DS's dual-core 268 MHz CPU). Remember, these aren't Wii U specific cores. They're ports, and in the case of a potential Mupen64 core and certainly the Mednafen PSX core, ports that are very demanding on the hardware. In other words don't assume they'll be full speed any time soon. The good feels are nice but if users start blowing expectations out of proportion the devs are gonna be the ones to take the heat for it.

PS: Do some of you guys even sleep? I lurk the thread pretty often but some of you (you probably know who you are :P) are taking up like half of the posts in this 70+ page thread.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am getting DSI exception with MAME RPX for Simpsons, Sunset Riders and Turtles In Time.
TMNT works though.
They start loading up, the message appears when it says to press Left/Right, and then boom DSI on the face.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: ploggy

Alcarajo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to chime in here to remind people keep their expectations reasonable. For a preview build RetroArch on Wii U is seriously impressive stuff but remember, the Wii U's CPU is only a tri-core PPC 1.24 GHz processor. There aren't a whole lot of functional PPC dynarecs around and likewise, GX and GX2 code isn't necessarily cross-compatible. Positivity is good but I'd rather not have the thread do a 180 because users start demanding unreasonable features (aka, perfect full speed SNES on an O3DS's dual-core 268 MHz CPU). Remember, these aren't Wii U specific cores. They're ports, and in the case of a potential Mupen64 core and certainly the Mednafen PSX core, ports that are very demanding on the hardware. In other words don't assume they'll be full speed any time soon. The good feels are nice but if users start blowing expectations out of proportion the devs are gonna be the ones to take the heat for it.

PS: Do some of you guys even sleep? I lurk the thread pretty often but some of you (you probably know who you are :P) are taking up like half of the posts in this 70+ page thread.

Yup. I don't have high hopes for the mednafen psx core but they can port the pcsxr core and it might run nice. I think mupen64 core can be pretty good too.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting DSI exception with MAME RPX for Simpsons, Sunset Riders and Turtles In Time.
TMNT works though.
They start loading up, the message appears when it says to press Left/Right, and then boom DSI on the face.

I'm getting that problem with the earlier build too.

Quick question. Can the WiiSX dynarec be used or transplanted into Retroarch somehow, or would a dynarec have to be made completely from scratch?

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I...noticed some audio crackling...in Snes9x mainline, not a lot, but some, RPX version, but not ELF. *sigh* Maybe it's my end? It only happened once though. Hmm.. Only happened after I opened a menu (and once out of like, ten times), other than that, no, it doesn't happen any other time.

Summary:

No crackling in games if I don't open the menu and close it to save states, otherwise, it may happen in a 1;10 chance. But if the game is played for an hour straight, no crackling occurs.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm getting that problem with the earlier build too.

Quick question. Can the WiiSX dynarec be used or transplanted into Retroarch somehow, or would a dynarec have to be made completely from scratch?
You mean the 23-11 build?
So the 24-11 one works fine with those games?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse my ignorance this emulator fba slash roms of mame arcade which games already works
I'll be honest mate i'm not sure what your asking :P

You mean the 23-11 build?
So the 24-11 one works fine with those games?

I haven't updated builds since the first rpx build so I'm probably on the same build as you. Simpsons works on FBA though. :)

EDIT: Just tested on the latest build, Simpsons error's out the same :(

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

maiquinhofalkao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I haven't updated builds since the first rpx build so I'm probably on the same build as you. Simpsons works on FBA though. :)

Sorry the google translator says the emulator fbalpha2012-libreto roda rons de mame? It works several roms

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Ah well at least is good to know it's not only me. :P
Hopefully subsequent builds might fix that.
I tried Battletoads, Haunted Castle, Mortal Kombat, Simpsons, TMNT, TMNT 2 and Sunset Riders, and only Simpsons, Sunset Riders and TMNT2 failed to load with the same issue (DSI Exception).

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ah well at least is good to know it's not only me. :P
Hopefully subsequent builds might fix that.
I tried Battletoads, Haunted Castle, Mortal Kombat, Simpsons, TMNT, TMNT 2 and Sunset Riders, and only Simpsons, Sunset Riders and TMNT2 failed to load with the same issue (DSI Exception).
Sunset Riders and Simpsons works for me with rpx mame. Simpsons sound is clipped tho.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here