Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure whatever game you got there is from the US then? theres still scph5500.bin for jap and scph5502.bin for pal games.
OMG I hope my games are NTSC...

But the way I put everything in the folder is correct right?

EDIT: Tried with a different game, and works, at least it works xD

P.S can I put several bios in the system folder? or is it has to be only one?

Last edited by huma_dawii,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two games i tried, one was .img and the other future c.o.p lapd .bin, both worked, the other two didnt, maybe because they are from different region or something

Why do I only see bin and cue but no ISO images? I copied them, but it doesn't see them. Do they need to be in the BIOS folder?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do I only see bin and cue but no ISO images? I copied them, but it doesn't see them. Do they need to be in the BIOS folder?
No, the bios i placed in the system folder, and the games i made a roms folder in the sd card root.... and i had two files, .cue and .bin, it should see them... the one you run is the CUE file

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the bios i placed in the system folder, and the games i made a roms folder in the sd card root.... and i had two files, .cue and .bin, it should see them... the one you run is the CUE file
Weird, tried to load Crash 3, black screen (no crash though), tried Breath of Fire 4, DSI error. Will try more :P BIOS name in lower-case I assume,

Edit: Not sure how @ploggy got Mega Man X5 to work, because it crashed on me :( :glare:

Proper PSX emulation is a very long way off. I have SCPH1001.bin, renamed it with lower case, placed all bin, ISO, cue images, loaded Crash Bandicoot 2 and it gave a DSI exception. Same with Mega Man X5, I don't get how people got games to work, maybe because they used PAL and not NTSC?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ripped my Skullmonkeys USA disc, tried the PSX core for curiosity, no problems here. A cool novelty.

I thought the SCPH500x was NTSC-J, at least according to this?

Edit: Was wrong, SCPH-5501 is NTSC as well XD

Which BIOS are you using?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SCPH100x, 500x and 700x refer to the revision of the PlayStation that the bios was taken from. There were 3 'major' revisions of the original non-slim model, hence the 3 bios families. All revisions were available in all major regions.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using 7003 renamed to 5501 and works well with .bin games and all of them NTSC

Got games to work, they are faster than the other version (with debug mode), but still have a ways to go. A good preview anyway, that was my fault for not reading what BIOS we needed >.>

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got games to work, they are faster than the other version (with debug mode), but still have a ways to go. A good preview anyway, that was my fault for not reading what BIOS we needed >.>
This is not even official i think.. I hope they manage to make it work full speed, with at leas 2x graphics :3

EDIT:

I think someone added PSX to the beta.. because it says PSX there... D:
Or maybe its the same one that we already have?

Last edited by huma_dawii,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q