Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah for sure. Get the BIOS files both in your Tarimsu and Aroma retroarch folders. Then do a search online and look for Atari games in .atr format. Those are Arari 5 and a 1/4 inch floppy disks. I like to play Keystone Capers 😁
That's what's confusing me, I've been able to play Atari atr games fine.. Keystone Capers is working here?
I thought there was some special mode where you were booting into the Bios or something :P but yea, games seem to be working ok for me.
Make sure your Bios are 100% correct, I had issues with the 5200 Core initially until I realised the Bios, although RA says were correct were bad.

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello @ploggy is it possible to compile MAME2009 libreto? There are certain games that works with that libretro
Crack down, squash, enduro race, world rally ... for example
Post automatically merged:

Regarding rotate menu issue, almost solved

I had a issue with portrait games that rotate screen and RA menu looks bad, you can move but as blind

I have solved with mame2003plus core selecting “not alow rotate” and “core provide” as aspect setup. I get the correct screen with game and with menu

This trick doesn’t work with cps1 and cps2 core, I got a rotated game screen. If I rotate game then menus looks bad

Last edited by alfonsovin,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @ploggy is it possible to compile MAME2009 libreto? There are certain games that works with that libretro

I had a issue with portrait games that rotate screen and RA menu looks bad, you can move but as blind

I have solved with mame2003plus core selecting “not alow rotate” and “core provide” as aspect setup. I get the correct screen with game and with menu

This trick doesn’t work with cps1 and cps2 core, I got a rotated game screen. If I rotate game then menus looks bad
The Mame2009 is considered a dead Core and hasn't been touched by the RA devs since 2017, it would be better if we could have one of the newer Mame Cores, maybe not the current Mame since it would probably run like ass lol but perhaps the 2015 or 2016 Core, I've tried and failed to compile both those Cores though so It would take someone who really knows what they are doing.. :P

I had an issue open about Arcade and rotation before but they could never get it to work 100% yea the UI always gets messed up when you try to manually rotate the Game :/

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And one more silly question
Why always load Gambate core? even if I delete from folder.
How could I change this to other core as MAME2003 Plus
I have tried saving config file but it doesn't work

Reactions: depaul

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And one more silly question
Why always load Gambate core? even if I delete from folder.
How could I change this to other core as MAME2003 Plus
I have tried saving config file but it doesn't work
It should load the last Core you used before exiting RA?...
Try deleting the salamander.cfg and maybe look through your retroarch.cfg to see if a gambatte path is in there somewhere.

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try deleting the salamander.cfg and maybe look through your retroarch.cfg to see if a gambatte path is in there somewhere.
I will see. The truth is that I have some reboots but not clean exit but the truth is that I never use gambate so looks weird

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what's confusing me, I've been able to play Atari atr games fine.. Keystone Capers is working here?
I thought there was some special mode where you were booting into the Bios or something :P but yea, games seem to be working ok for me.
Make sure your Bios are 100% correct, I had issues with the 5200 Core initially until I realised the Bios, although RA says were correct were bad.
Ok, so I went to a certain website, and found some files there. Found a MD5 check sum website to confirm they were all correct. Went into the atar800.cfg file and put in all of the paths for all of the BIOS files, booted it and got the failed image. I went into the internal emulator menu, said that it found both the 800XL file and Basic too. I also looked at the Core Information, one if the first menu screens when you open retroarch. It said that it saw all of the BIOS files and that mine were missing. Before I make this thread all about my problems, would you mind if I'd DM you, and I can come back here when I have a solution?

Edit: Ok, I finally got to the root of my problem, and was in my atari800.cfg file. The problem was where I mapped my 800XL BIOS file. I had it mapped for PAL where it should have been NTSC. I did a test in Tarimasu where I resetted my whole install from the app store, and like I had posted in this thread previously, I dropped my BIOS files in core/system and the program found the BIOS files for me. This Aroma port, as of this typing, does not do that. I had to go in manually and edit my cfg file. And for some reason that file direction flew by in Tarimasu, but it did not in the Aroma port. It's been fixed and now it works! All thanks to @ploggy for helping me get it up and running!

Last edited by Sowden,

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Still with the "preload core" as gambatte even if it's deleted and exiting when I have other core loaded

It is not a real issue if when I load content it autodetect the core and load it, the question is that sometimes I got an error when I tried to load a content of different core and I have to load manually first

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Mame2009 Core ;) only tested World Rally but it worked great! good luck finding mame2009 roms tho :P

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8m6bc94acgcdkpf/mame2009_libretro.zip/file

EDIT: but remember this Core is known for being buggy so you will get weird issues and crashes.

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mame2009 Core ;) only tested World Rally but it worked great! good luck finding mame2009 roms tho :P

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8m6bc94acgcdkpf/mame2009_libretro.zip/file

EDIT: but remember this Core is known for being buggy so you will get weird issues and crashes.
Thanks a lot!! I have only few roms 2009 that I wanted and working in RA tiramisu version

Thanks a lot!! I have only few roms 2009 that I wanted and working in RA tiramisu version
First attempt and ok but a rare issue. Load one rom with name 2009 and left side playlist is lost. I have to close content to recover the lists. If I load the core alone has the same weird issue I can’t use playlists

Last edited by alfonsovin,
Reactions: depaul and ploggy

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey friend, I tested retroarch on aroma many times and it really doesn't detect the games on the external hard drive formatted on the wiiu. In this part, the standard retroarch can run the games inserted on the wiiu hard drive.
In other words, for those who don't want to have another HD, they will have to use everything only on the SD card.

hey friend, I tested retroarch on aroma many times and it really doesn't detect the games on the external hard drive formatted on the wiiu. In this part, the standard retroarch can run the games inserted on the wiiu hard drive.
In other words, for those who don't want to have another HD, they will have to use everything only on the SD card.

Last edited by Zeox-gamer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know WiiU HDD support was broken when we switched to Aroma, but it will be fixed in the official release :)

Reactions: ber71 and johnbear

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know WiiU HDD support was broken when we switched to Aroma, but it will be fixed in the official release :)
Wait. How do you even access the Wii U drive from a PC to put files like roms onto it? I thought the filesystem (WFS) was encrypted and no one discovered yet how to deal with it?

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait. How do you even access the Wii U drive from a PC to put files like roms onto it? I thought the filesystem (WFS) was encrypted and no one discovered yet how to deal with it?
so I'll explain to you a few years ago I created a roms folder in the root of my external hard drive and ran the roms using (ftpwiiuserver) which is very fast and I used retroarch to create the smooth ones there which recognizes it normally both for exploring files and creating lists only in the normal retroarch wiiu.

Nowadays I know that there is a program that makes the Wiiu's external HDDs open on the PC. The person who told me this was a colleague along with Ploggy. I haven't tested it yet, but to answer you, there is a method of opening a hard driver. (wfs) on pc.
The wfs-tools on linux using to explorer on windows just injected and extracted files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/qWUBnrIaphQ?si=VyIqKUy3AwosJ8ko