Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do we still have much interest in RA WiiU? It's been on my mind a lot lately as a potential wut/aroma thing but, I've talked in the past about how I have a kinda complicated relationship with it.. are people still getting it set up and getting something out of it?

Same as @ploggy, I'm also still quite interested in having RA compatibility for Aroma in WUT/WUHB format.
Even if it means having separate WUHB for each core, just having RA on Aroma would be great for performance.
Perhaps taking a look at the 3DS builds with how they handle the individual core CIAs could be a way to start in terms of icons and other assets for the WiiU menu.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm confusing my playlists became unreadable. So on, retroarch can read them...
They are very small, just a few kilobytes. And they are Microsoft Help Attribute Definition File instead of plain text, I'm a bit "worried"
I'played with WiiU-shell, messing my MIME type maybe...

EDIT : revert backups

Last edited by jul16ares,

Tehedra

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do we still have much interest in RA WiiU? It's been on my mind a lot lately as a potential wut/aroma thing but, I've talked in the past about how I have a kinda complicated relationship with it.. are people still getting it set up and getting something out of it?
I'm looking forward to seeing RetroArch supporting Aroma. I've been patiently waiting and was hoping someone was working in it.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What's your Sega - Mega-CD - Sega CD extensions files ? Obviously with .zip many games are too big for the wiiu to inflate, and some makes literally minutes to be played. Chd or bin files works ?

EDIT : .chd works so far. What a big addition picodrive core !!

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm loving and happy with my Retroarch running on Tiramisu.

I would just love the Amiga and ZX Spectrum Fuse core polished up so they don't crash when changing input options.

Reactions: jul16ares

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm loving and happy with my Retroarch running on Tiramisu.

I would just love the Amiga and ZX Spectrum Fuse core polished up so they don't crash when changing input options.
huh, i knew the ZX core had issues when selecting inputs but didnt know it happened on Amiga too?

What options do you need to change on the Amiga core to trigger a crash?
Does it happen on both the Amiga cores? PUAE and PUAE 2021?

Last edited by ploggy,

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does it happen on both the Amiga cores? PUAE and PUAE 2021?
Main branch PUAE looks very slugish in many games, my benchmark is Chaos engine, and it not run good at all.
Overall, the 2021, run well, many improvments had done since I started, right now I'm playing dungeon crawlers with dpad remaped to arrows, and it feel a realy nice experience

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Main branch PUAE looks very slugish in many games, my benchmark is Chaos engine, and it not run good at all.
Overall, the 2021, run well, many improvments had done since I started, right now I'm playing dungeon crawlers with dpad remaped to arrows, and it feel a realy nice experience
It's definitely slower than it should be, especially if you open the keyboard, although most games I've tested have run fine, only if I set the system to A1200 with 8MB ram then it starts to chug :P
Post automatically merged:

I've never has that with amiga although I can't get it to find PUE 2021 when asked for a core! No biggy tho.
hmm, its there, try updating your info files through the online updater, restart and try again.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do have it but when asked to pick a core for a rom it only shows the non 2021 version! I wonder, if i insert the path to the 2021 in the amiga playlist, would it load it then?

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do have it but when asked to pick a core for a rom it only shows the non 2021 version! I wonder, if i insert the path to the 2021 in the amiga playlist, would it load it then?
If you have it in your core path e.g /retroarch/core/puae2021_libretro.rpx yes overhas no

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Same i'd love to see it. It just would be so elegant to launch RA directly via Aroma.
Absolutely. I loved what i saw after i set it up. All homebrew working from home menu without needing to install anything. Kinda feels like the goal of what was started on Wii.

I wouldn't mind having to pick cores and have them show individually on the home menu, it would actually be an improvement over having to download and switch them manually on Retroarch (or maybe it's that i'm skewing again torwards standalone emulators in all my other devices) I'd just set up a folder for them.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like my retroarch build. I think it could be a pain to start from scratch with individual RA cores on the WiiU menu. At the end of the day, achieve slightly the same thing but on the wiiu menu. I guess the benefits to have them on the wiiu interface - quicker, integrate, to wiiu menu, ftp convenience, etc - Could be nice. Nvm liked to see what can it will be, and maybe no choice to start it all over ;)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
there's a few options what an aroma setup might look like:
- each core is listed on the menu seperately (what people are talking about here)
- salamander or a random core is on the menu, and further cores are automatically loaded from sd:/retroarch/cores (similar to how it works under HBL)
- one huge wuhb with all the cores bundled into it (shows as one thing on the menu)
- forwarders, where a selection of content (ROMs etc) are shown on the menu and salamander picks the right core

and others that I haven't thought of, presumably. I'm leaning towards 2 or 3 for consistency with other platforms but hey

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there's a few options what an aroma setup might look like:
- each core is listed on the menu seperately (what people are talking about here)
- salamander or a random core is on the menu, and further cores are automatically loaded from sd:/retroarch/cores (similar to how it works under HBL)
- one huge wuhb with all the cores bundled into it (shows as one thing on the menu)
- forwarders, where a selection of content (ROMs etc) are shown on the menu and salamander picks the right core

and others that I haven't thought of, presumably. I'm leaning towards 2 or 3 for consistency with other platforms but hey
I like the idea of forwarders, the loading of a wuhb with the image of a game then when you load the wuhb boot directly into that game :) its something we've been trying to get working for a long time but the procui issues has always stooped it from working correctly. Hopefully with Aroma it will be easier to get working.

We're not limited to only one of those options? say for example if there's a rom in the same directory as the wuhb it would load that automatically (as long as the rpx is compatible with said rom) or if there is no rom present it boots to the retroarch ui as normal? that would be enough for rom forwarders? or perhaps a cfg file in the wuhb directory too that tells retroarch to boot a rom from a specific path? ?I believe that's how the 3ds does it? that together with either options 2 and 3 would be perfect imo.
Best of both worlds :)

and Happy New Year!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password