Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yooo how about performance in pcsx-rearmed on wii u gx2 using chd instead of iso or bin and cue?? also adjust the audio sync values.

i can play any psx on new 3ds no problem about to try wii u

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Fixed my issue by deleting the config file. Now I feel like a idiot for not trying something so basic lol. I think the issue is that it was using FCEUMM to load Retroarch with but I deleted that somewhere in the process (the new version of Retroarch doesn't even seem to include it, and I've been using Nestopia lately anyway).

My Retroarch channel forwarder seems to have stopped working even if I re-install it. Using it just kicks me back to the Wii U menu. It started when I put a new version of Retroarch on my SD Card and even going back to the old version I was using before (luckily I backed up my SD Card recently) and trying a different SD Card doesn't fix anything. I can still access it through the Homebrew Launcher. There was a big mess that led me to putting a new version of Retroarch on my SD Card in the first place (Online Updater screwed up my Retroarch and even the SD Card itself until I reformatted it) but considering the Channel Forwarder was still working even on the screwed up version, I'm not sure it played a role.

I'm using Haxchi.

Last edited by Storm101,

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep I don't trust online updater yet in wiiu, and disable save config.cfg on exit, just manually saving, everything is done manually, and it's lots of works but run like a charm on last version

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
huh, i knew the ZX core had issues when selecting inputs but didnt know it happened on Amiga too?

What options do you need to change on the Amiga core to trigger a crash?
Does it happen on both the Amiga cores? PUAE and PUAE 2021?

Hi @ploggy

I've not been able to put together details about the Amiga cores. I need to clean up the .opt, remap and overrides associated with the PUAE cores,

But on the Speccy I get this error screen when I select a different input other than Retropad.

Thanks!

That's a clean install with no .opt, remap or special Fuse override files.

Attachments

• PXL_20230108_132216980.MP (2).jpg
    PXL_20230108_132216980.MP (2).jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @ploggy

I've not been able to put together details about the Amiga cores. I need to clean up the .opt, remap and overrides associated with the PUAE cores,

But on the Speccy I get this error screen when I select a different input other than Retropad.

Thanks!

That's a clean install with no .opt, remap or special Fuse override files.
Yes, this issue has been reported multiple times. You can add to this issue here if you want...
https://github.com/libretro/fuse-libretro/issues/138

Reactions: Ewpb and Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree! I still have my original C64, while I did try speccy back in the day I always preferred the C64 :D
I wish i still had mine! My friends had speccys (love that term) and tho they're great machines (legendary!) I always felt the gfx was it's absolute major weakness in comparison. Never ever said it but always felt.. Yeah... This looks much better on my compooper! :lol:

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish i still had mine! My friends had speccys (love that term) and tho they're great machines (legendary!) I always felt the gfx was it's absolute major weakness in comparison. Never ever said it but always felt.. Yeah... This looks much better on my compooper! :lol:
Mine is never leaving me lol I am missing a key tho :/

Reactions: Lostbhoy

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Opening post lists supported cores but 32X is not listed despite it being supported via PicoDrive, I wonder are there any known supported cores that aren’t listed, Sega Saturn maybe?

Atari Jaguar has a fully functional emulator now, N-Gage does too, maybe they can be included?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Opening post lists supported cores but 32X is not listed despite it being supported via PicoDrive, I wonder are there any known supported cores that aren’t listed, Sega Saturn maybe?

Atari Jaguar has a fully functional emulator now, N-Gage does too, maybe they can be included?
No one here has control over the OP, perhaps Quarky, cant remember.. but it's just an oversight 32X should be on that list..
Sadly no missing Saturn, Dreamcast or N64 Core from the list. :P

The Atari Jaguar Core runs awfully on WiiU.. believe me I've tried lol unless you mean the new standalone Atari Jaguar Emulator?
BigPEmu? That's still closed source iirc, but it is amazing from what I've seen. It's possible it will eventually go open source according to the dev and if that happens I imagine it will quickly become a RA Core THEN we may see it on WiiU :D

N-Gage? I'm not familiar with a N-Gage Core on Retroarch.

Reactions: sonictopfan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No one here has control over the OP, perhaps Quarky, cant remember.. but it's just an oversight 32X should be on that list..
Sadly no missing Saturn, Dreamcast or N64 Core from the list. :P

The Atari Jaguar Core runs awfully on WiiU.. believe me I've tried lol unless you mean the new standalone Atari Jaguar Emulator?
BigPEmu? That's still closed source iirc, but it is amazing from what I've seen. It's possible it will eventually go open source according to the dev and if that happens I imagine it will quickly become a RA Core THEN we may see it on WiiU :D

N-Gage? I'm not familiar with a N-Gage Core on Retroarch.

I think I can edit the OP, what do you want me to add/remove/edit?

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does someone knows if the ORIC/Atmos core is available on Retroarch wiiU and how to use?
This computer is older but Much better than the spectrum and some games were very nice!!
For information....Eric Chahi Coded somes games on the Oric ;-)
Did you knew stomlord was on Oric??

Last edited by mrmagicm,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does someone knows if the ORIC/Atmos core is available on Retroarch wiiU and how to use?
This computer is older but Much better than the spectrum and some games were very nice!!
For information....Eric Chahi Coded somes games on the Oric ;-)
Doesnt look like its a Core for Retroarch :/ I'm hoping for a BBC Micro Core :D

There's been alot of work on ScummVM recently, looks like a big overhaul. I've tested out the latest version of the Core. The good news is they fixed the long standing choose directory DSI issue! but so far I haven't got any game to boot, either by loading a .scummvm file, (Blackscreen/DSI Error) adding a game manually through the ScummVM ui or by directly loading a games exe. (DSI Error)
If anyone here has more experience with ScummVM want to give it a try, just incase I'm being a idiot and doing something wrong.

If you have any luck loading ANY game please add it here:
https://github.com/libretro/scummvm/issues/8

The latest ScummvM Core - https://easyupload.io/qaczlw
Post automatically merged:

Done, added PicoDrive and all its compatible consoles.
Thank you very much, hopefully there's some new cores to add to the list ;)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's been alot of work on ScummVM recently, looks like a big overhaul. I've tested out the latest version of the Core. The good news is they fixed the long standing choose directory DSI issue! but so far I haven't got any game to boot, either by loading a .scummvm file, (Blackscreen/DSI Error) adding a game manually through the ScummVM ui or by directly loading a games exe. (DSI Error)
If anyone here has more experience with ScummVM want to give it a try, just incase I'm being a idiot and doing something wrong.
Yes ScummVM on RA WiiU works somewhat, not brilliant the libretro core is unofficial.
ScummVM-Wii in the other hand works so much flawlessly : Some games don't struggles e.g broken sword, diskworld 1... MT32 emulation works... Last releases evailable etc. Compete is hard between the two, so maybe ScummVM dev team had done a choice here.
But hey it's cool to have some nice peaces of software directly available with single entry, thumbs, and background under RA. And also have the WiiU gamepad facilities.

Last edited by jul16ares,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes ScummVM on RA WiiU works somewhat, not brilliant the libretro core is unofficial.
ScummVM-Wii in the other hand works so much flawlessly : Some games don't struggles e.g broken sword, diskworld 1... MT32 emulation works... Last releases evailable etc. Compete is hard between the two, so maybe ScummVM dev team had done a choice here.
But hey it's cool to have some nice peaces of software directly available with single entry, thumbs, and background under RA. And also have the WiiU gamepad facilities.
You've got a game to load on the Core I posted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ