Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Game Bug (fbalpha2012.rpx)

No Turtles and Enemies

tmnt22pu-691231-235959.png

Last edited by AlanLC,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice progress but there is still an abnormal delay when reading files from SD card.
In a directory where I have less than 100 genesis 'roms' it takes forever for Genesis core to read it. I noticed the same for NES and SNES cores... but for Neogeo and CPS cores I didn't encounter that problem. Thanks!

Reactions: ploggy

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus in your testing report you mentioned dipswitches were working; what systems was that for?
Capcom Play Systems and Midway, in my case.

Nice progress but there is still an abnormal delay when reading files from SD card.
In a directory where I have less than 100 genesis 'roms' it takes forever for Genesis core to read it. I noticed the same for NES and SNES cores... but for Neogeo and CPS cores I didn't encounter that problem. Thanks!
Must be your SD card, everything runs perfect for me, even those cores you mention and with folders packed full.

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: depaul

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice p
rogress but there is still an abnormal delay when reading files from SD card.

Same here, using a UHS-1/80 MB/s SDHC card (SanDisk), Snes ROMs take forever to load, and there's only what, 84 files in the folder, but Genesis, NES, etc load almost instantly.

Capcom Play Systems and Midway, in my case.

Must be your SD card, everything runs perfect for me, even those cores you mention and with folders packed full.

I've tried three different SD cards, all with different read speeds, so it has to be more than just "our SD cards" that are playing a factor in this. Why do some cores load folders instantly with the same no. of files, but other cores take 30 seconds to load a folder with less files in it? Makes no sense.

An 80 MB/s card should not take the same amount of time to load a ROM folder than a 30 MB/s SD card, just saying :P As I recall the Wii port had a similar issue but resolved itself over time. I'd report it on GitHub, but isn't worth it as it'll be fixed. Some people have the issue, others don't, much like the Haxchi HBL forwarder working with RPX apps.

Granted, it's not as bad as when the first build came out, Snes took 60 seconds to load a ROM folder instead of 30.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same here, using a UHS-1/80 MB/s SDHC card (SanDisk), Snes ROMs take forever to load, and there's only what, 84 files in the folder, but Genesis, NES, etc load almost instantly.

I've tried three different SD cards, all with different read speeds, so it has to be more than just "our SD cards" that are playing a factor in this. Why do some cores load folders instantly with the same no. of files, but other cores take 30 seconds to load a folder with less files in it? Makes no sense.

An 80 MB/s card should not take the same amount of time to load a ROM folder than a 30 MB/s SD card, just saying :P As I recall the Wii port had a similar issue but resolved itself over time. I'd report it on GitHub, but isn't worth it as it'll be fixed. Some people have the issue, others don't, much like the Haxchi HBL forwarder working with RPX apps.

Granted, it's not as bad as when the first build came out, Snes took 60 seconds to load a ROM folder instead of 30.
My FBA folder with about 300 zip files is instant loading on my 80Mb/s card, my SNES folder has exactly 125 roms in and takes 12 seconds (I've counted) but Genesis has around 70 and is again instant loading.... could the delay be caused by looking for the different rom extensions? I've only got .gen files for the Genesis, but do have a few .sfc and .fig mixed in there with the .smc's..

Reactions: niuus and depaul

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the delays are caused by the OS functions responsible for accessing the SD card, it doesn't make much sense, but that is how it is, they sometimes block for several seconds for no apparent reason.

Dimok showed interest in porting libfat to the WiiU which would hopefully alleviate all those issues.

I see, well, that is certainly fair enough, thank you for the explanation :P

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do some cores load folders instantly with the same no. of files, but other cores take 30 seconds to load a folder with less files in it? Makes no sense.

My FBA folder with about 300 zip files is instant loading on my 80Mb/s card, my SNES folder has exactly 125 roms in and takes 12 seconds (I've counted) but Genesis has around 70 and is again instant loading...

This is the question ^^
Something needs more optimization on those cores?!!

I don't mean anything negative I like the progress so far but just saying could be better :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the question ^^
Something needs more optimization on those cores?!!

I don't mean anything negative I like the progress so far but just saying could be better :)

Read above, Aliaspider explained why it happens to some people and how it's going to be fixed :P

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the delays are caused by the OS functions responsible for accessing the SD card, it doesn't make much sense, but that is how it is, they sometimes block for several seconds for no apparent reason.

Dimok showed interest in porting libfat to the WiiU which would hopefully alleviate all those issues.
Yeah thanks @aliaspider hopefully this could reduce that SD card reading delay. Other than that everything else is amazing in retroarch Wii U :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guess what guys?
img_20161119_123259-jpg.69538

I managed to get FBA RPX working!

I did several things:
  • Redownloaded Homebrew Launcher v1.4 from dimok's Github (for like the 4th time)
  • Redownloaded FBA rpx from aliaspider's files.
Now, where was the issue?
I can safely say that it wasnt redownloading HBL, since I have done that previously and that didnt work.

My guess is the following:
When I downloaded FBA the first time, I noticed it was named fba2012_alpha_wiiu.rpx, and my folder was named fba2012_alpha only, so I renamed the rpx to fba2012_alpha.rpx

Im thinking that was my problem. Because when I redownloaded FBA alpha today I left it as is from aliaspider's files into the fba2012_alpha directory.

Hope this helps for others having the same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20161119_123259.jpg
    IMG_20161119_123259.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 1,002
Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the...