Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can use sysnand to install unsigned titles

I can confirm it works having installed Super Mario Bros NES and Kirby return to dreamland with this to sysnand
So if we take this in consideration, we could be able to (someday) just launch a contenthax game exploit (for example haxchi or n64 contenthax) and bam unsigned home menu. That would give us some sort of pastacfw on WiiU :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So if we take this in consideration, we could be able to (someday) just launch a contenthax game exploit (for example haxchi or n64 contenthax) and bam unsigned home menu. That would give us some sort of pastacfw on WiiU :P
N64 hack is now a thing too?
I thought only DS VC's were vulnerable at the moment.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Well....
The only thing is wouldn't the iosu always try to autoboot the app? You are editing system.xml and that is telling the iosu to always boot that app. Booting that app will result in a you booting to whatever system.xml says to boot. Then you have a paradox where you wii u is always trying to boot it self but can't.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly. Well....
The only thing is wouldn't the iosu always try to autoboot the app? You are editing system.xml and that is telling the iosu to always boot that app. Booting that app will result in a you booting to whatever system.xml says to boot. Then you have a paradox where you wii u is always trying to boot it self but can't.
Well if this comes at the price of manually launching the app, that would give us more liberty. Much like the mset exploit back in the days :P

Ps: should we continue this chat in the contenthax thread? It's about retroarch here, therefore, offtopic :P

Reactions: ShadowOne333

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guys how can i configure fceumm buttons. i want to set B button to Y and A button to B so it makes it easier for me to play mario bros hacks.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys how can i configure fceumm buttons. i want to set B button to Y and A button to B so it makes it easier for me to play mario bros hacks.
Once you boot the game(s), touch the gamepad's screen and then go to the option which says "Controls".
From there, go all the way down and you will see something like "Button A: A" or something.
Change the B button to Y and the A button to B, that's how I have it right now for all consoles actually, except Snes.

Reactions: NoNAND

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, i'm testing a bit over here. I noticed a few things:

- Tyrquake default control layout is weird as fuck

- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 chugs on the Midway core (it stopped for a solid second a few times

- Neo Geo core refuses to load Metal Slug X, Wind Jammers and Magical Drop 2. SNK vs CAPCOM Chaos loads A-OK

So far there's nothing else i noticed that isn't noted here
Also neo geo core refuses to load kof 98, and prboom refuses to load my doom wad

Apart from that, Can I use x32 roms in the genesis core?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use sysnand to install unsigned titles

I can confirm it works having installed Super Mario Bros NES and Kirby return to dreamland with this to sysnand

That's not really SysNAND though, as it still requires the fw.img and RedNAND launcher, no? I hope for the day we can install HBL and RetroArch without having to use this method.

Reactions: Azel

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Getting back to topic, i just realized that we already have a PSX emulator for Wii/vWii

Question for @LibretroRetroArc and @aliaspider : Does it have dynarec? If so, would it be possible to implement it on PCSX-R?

Asking from an absolute lack of knowledge, no intention to rush either, it just crossed my mind while dining.

Gave a good go to SFIIITS today. I already loved the gamepad but it made me fall in love with it even deeper. Also the game at 1080p is just gorgeous in all its pixelated glory.

Last edited by Osakasan,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting back to topic, i just realized that we already have a PSX emulator for Wii/vWii

Question for @LibretroRetroArc and @aliaspider : Does it have dynarec? If so, would it be possible to implement it on PCSX-R?

Asking from an absolute lack of knowledge, no intention to rush either, it just crossed my mind while dining.

Gave a good go today to SFIIITS today. I already loved the gamepad but it made me fall in love with it even deeper. Also the game at 1080p is just gorgeous in all its pixelated glory.

They did discuss this in brief on the first few pages, they would have to port a PPC dynarec core from scratch, and will take a fair bit of time due to its complexity. I'll try to find that post if I can.

Edit: Found it

http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-2#post-6806253

It will take a while.

Reactions: Osakasan

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
They did discuss this in brief on the first few pages, they would have to port a PPC dynarec core from scratch, and will take a fair bit of time due to its complexity. I'll try to find that post if I can.

No need to look for it, i'll do it later. Thanks ^_^

It was a doubt that crossed my mind for a moment. In any case, they're doing god's work right now, i don't want to rush nor press them.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Gave a good go to SFIIITS today. I already loved the gamepad but it made me fall in love with it even deeper. Also the game at 1080p is just gorgeous in all its pixelated glory.
Wasn't there a experimental build of a PSX emulator for RetroArch on the Wii?
I believe it was mednafen_psx_libretro_wii.dol or something like that.
It was the one form here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wii-updated-cores-and-stuff.362826/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here