Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys;

Anyone knows if is possible to play with two classic controllers and ignore the gamepad as a player 1 controller?

I would like to use the gamepad only as the screen and be able to let player 1 and 2 use the same controller style (Classic Controller).

Something like this:
f4fxgw.jpg

I love to play on the gamepad, but for a serious match is better to be in equal terms or let the players chose the best controller for them and avoid excuses from the loser...

zL
Yes, bind player 1 to Wiimote #1 and 2 to #2 in Settings > Input > Player i bindings

Reactions: zadanlavey

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've only tried this with 2 pro controllers but wii classic should work too.
First turn on "all users control menu" in input settings.
Use a controller other then gamepad, then go to "Input User 1 Binds"
Set device index to your controller. (you may lose input on gamepad)
Then go back the "Input User 2 Binds" and set the device index to your controller. then load your game.

Yes, bind player 1 to Wiimote #1 and 2 to #2 in Settings > Input > Player i bindings

That's awesome, it work's! Thank you very much guys! (@xtheman166 & @MaitreLLD).

I can't figure this out either. Can someone please help?

Hello @SlimPortable, please review answer above. Happy Gaming!

zL

Reactions: LinkFan16

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm Ninja Baseball Batman does not work on Wii U with MAME or FBA2012? Made sure to use the right rom set for the respective emulator but I'm a scrub with arcade emulation in general so I just wanna double check if it was something on my end and not the game.

That's awesome, it work's! Thank you very much guys! (@xtheman166 & @MaitreLLD).

Hello @SlimPortable, please review answer above. Happy Gaming!

zL
This is great, thank you! Didn't have a chance to use my Wii U until last night but now I can give this a shot. :)

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone found out where to put the hiscore.dat file for mame yet or even the cheats.dat? I've noticed other cores use .cht files so thinking cheats are not implemented for mame.

Arcade high score saving would be a great addition though.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I install this? the 7z file comes with a folder that clearly goes in wiiu/apps but then there's another folder called retroarch and I'm not sure where that goes? root of sdcard?

then what folder would game roms go in? then I assume this launches via the homebrew launcher? or do I have to install this via the appstore instead of just putting the files in the right place on my sdcard?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I install this? the 7z file comes with a folder that clearly goes in wiiu/apps but then there's another folder called retroarch and I'm not sure where that goes? root of sdcard?

then what folder would game roms go in? then I assume this launches via the homebrew launcher? or do I have to install this via the appstore instead of just putting the files in the right place on my sdcard?
Put the retroarch folder on the root, and only put the folder in /wiiu/apps/retroarch/ in the apps folder
Roms go anywhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password