Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, got the same result on the latest nightly build. I'm really happy that two controllers are supported, and games like Pac-Man are displayed vertically correct. Very happy. :-)

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's why I put it for the boot sound, as a temporary one until I find something better. If anyone finds any short 8-bit sounding audio clip that would work nicely for the bootup sound, feel free to give me a link.
Where are you going to use this?

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did my first tests yesterday. I found 2 issues so far:
  • FBalpha neogeo sound is pretty bad. I'm not sure how to describe it, there is a sort of hiss or maybe using a low frequency like 8Khz instead of 44KHz
  • I cannot get the genesis core to load my roms, it exits retroarch when I try to load a game.
I got snes9x and fceum working nicely.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did my first tests yesterday. I found 2 issues so far:
  • FBalpha neogeo sound is pretty bad. I'm not sure how to describe it, there is a sort of hiss or maybe using a low frequency like 8Khz instead of 44KHz
  • I cannot get the genesis core to load my roms, it exits retroarch when I try to load a game.
I got snes9x and fceum working nicely.
not sure about your first issue as I have never noticed anything wrong with the sound in fba alpha with Neogeo games. As for your second issue it's something wrong at your end as the Megadrive (sorry I refuse to call it by its terrible American name of genesis) emu has worked perfectly fine for everyone for months. First of all what games have you tried? Are the games zipped or extracted ect the more info you can provide the better it will be for us to assist you into why it's not working for you.

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not sure about your first issue as I have never noticed anything wrong with the sound in fba alpha with Neogeo games. As for your second issue it's something wrong at your end as the Megadrive (sorry I refuse to call it by its terrible American name of genesis) emu has worked perfectly fine for everyone for months. First of all what games have you tried? Are the games zipped or extracted ect the more info you can provide the better it will be for us to assist you into why it's not working for you.
I'll try to upload a youtube video of the sound issue in Garou Mark of the Wolves.
Maybe compare it to retroarch on my PS Vita that sounds correct.

For Megadrive (I'm French, was using Genesis to refer to the core's name) I used this core: genesis_plus_gx_libretro.elf
The roms I tried are Sonic 1 and Streets of Rage 1. Both are in ZIPs, I browse inside the zip with Retroarch and launch the rom. These same fiels work in my Vita as far as I remember. Should I try to unzip them and run the unzipped versions ?

Last edited by snk4ever,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try to upload a youtube video of the sound issue in Garou Mark of the Wolves.
Maybe compare it to retroarch on my PS Vita that sounds correct.

For Megadrive (I'm French, was using Genesis to refer to the core's name) I used this core: genesis_plus_gx_libretro.elf
The roms I tried are Sonic 1 and Streets of Rage 1. Both are in ZIPs, I browse inside the zip with Retroarch and launch the rom. These same fiels work in my Vita as far as I remember. Should I try to unzip them and run the unzipped versions ?
All my Megadrive roms are unzipped so try that.

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All my Megadrive roms are unzipped so try that.
Mmm, I unziped the roms, renamed so there are no special characters. Still when I load the rom, I'm thrown back to the homebrew launcher.
Sonic has a .md extension, Streets of Rage a .bin extension.
I'll try reinstalling the core.
edit: still no luck. Are you using the 1.4.1 release ?

Last edited by snk4ever,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mmm, I unziped the roms, renamed so there are no special characters. Still when I load the rom, I'm thrown back to the homebrew launcher.
Sonic has a .md extension, Streets of Rage a .bin extension.
I'll try reinstalling the core.
edit: still no luck. Are you using the 1.4.1 release ?
Yes so just tried the 1.4.1 release and you are actually right it is broken but just goto the homebrew app store and download the version from there. It works fine

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: snk4ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY