Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get TG/PCE-CD ISOs to run at all with the 2/5/17 builds, and yes, the BIOS directory is set up. tried both mednafen_pce_fast_libretro and mednafen_supergrafx_libretro, all cores load, but ISO images
crash the emulator. I thought they were supposed to work? Trying Lords of Thunder ISO and CUE, neither work. What gives? We can't use one core for both TG-16 and PCE-CD images?
Did you update info files?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have been out of the retroarch scene for a couple weeks so is there any way to choose rom paths yet i hate navigating to my roms folder everytime i want to choose a game?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi i have been out of the retroarch scene for a couple weeks so is there any way to choose rom paths yet i hate navigating to my roms folder everytime i want to choose a game?
Yes, you can set your rom directory but it's the same directory for every core.

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they? I always though info files only use is to display core real name, and show info about the core itself...
Yes, they do. Mrboom_libretro for instanse, wasn't working and I've checked the core info file and noticed there was something missing, it's working now.

Reactions: cucholix

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Until I make an "official" version that will maybe make sure your cores are up to date, I made a RetroArch Channel you can download here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/h8bso6s87u1ls38/RetroArch_Launcher.7z

It works with the new system, so you must have cores in the sd:/retroarch/cores folder and the info files in the sd:/retroarch/cores/info folder.

Also, if you installed the Libretro SNES9x Channel I made, you must delete that first, since this uses the same Title ID.
I tried to install this with WUP installer and get an error 0xFFFBFFE7.
Is it supposed to be installed in another way ?

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to install this with WUP installer and get an error 0xFFFBFFE7.
Is it supposed to be installed in another way ?
Just start Haxchi first with a return to system menu (default option in the latest versions, or otherwise just change your config.txt before you (re)install it)

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am currently using Haxchi (just set it up, was using Rednand before with the browser hack) which I thought was patching things already.
Sorry as this seems off topic but could you point me to the lightest/cleanest implementation to achieve this ?

Edit: Hi MaitreLLD, this is what I'm doing: haxchi returning to the WiiU Menu. Works fine to launch the homebrew launcher and I managed to run a retroarch core from there.

Last edited by snk4ever,
D

Deleted User

Thanks brenj for that modified channel!
Scan option crashes Wii U (Expected it)

Also it has a nice tune while booting up.

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have to use a signature check patcher like CFW Booter or Mocha CFW, before installing the channel.

Edit: You can find them here http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/category/tools
Thanks. I did a bit of research to understand why I would need that and I don't think I would benefit from setting up anything else according to Haxchi changelog:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/tag/v2.4_v1.4u1

Changes to Haxchi:
-use same iosu patcher for both haxchi and cbhc to allow haxchi to benefit from it
-added new config option to haxchi, "sysmenu" which will relaunch you into the system menu with signature, region patches and everything else that cbhc patches

EDIT: I got it working. I think there was some corruption when I transfered the files over FTP. I overwrote them by placing the SD card in my computer, tried to install again and it worked.
So Haxchi is enough, and if you have trouble you may want to try to transfer again.

Last edited by snk4ever,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqydVNaLR1w