Homebrew RetroArch Switch

faramirlupin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble with Ogre battle 64 and Yoshi's story both running very slow on the latest build. Nothing I do with the settings seems to help.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FanboyKilla thanks for this info,however i have managed to make a new Retroarch 1.7.7 nsp forwarder

edit:

i just tested the old 1.7.6 nsp forwarder & it wouldn't allow the cpu overclock but the new 1.7.7 forwarder does. so i guess the old forwarder is not "compatible"

Then you weren't using a true "NSP forwarder" but rather you were probably using the NSP that used to come with RA before the devs stopped using it. Just because you see the extension "NSP" does not mean that it's a "forwarder". Like I said before, an NSP Forwarder is just that, "a forwarder", all it does is forward you to whatever NRO that you specify when creating it. It doesn't give a shit what version or what's inside the NRO that you forward to. The fact that you didn't even know what Nro2Nsp tells me that you obviously didn't create the NSP file yourself, so as I said before more than likely you were using the old outdated NSP that used to come with RA.

If you indeed are using an NSP that you created using Nro2Nsp, then you will NOT need to update that NSP again in the future. UNLESS the "retroarch_switch.nro" filename changes, then you would need to make a new one.

Last edited by FanboyKilla,
Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you indeed are using an NSP that you created using Nro2Nsp, then you will NOT need to update that NSP again in the future. UNLESS the "retroarch_switch.nro" filename changes, then you would need to make a new one.

i will take a note of this. many thanks for the useful info & as for the 1.7.6 forwarder you are right i didn't make it myself i got it from one of these 2 places Reddit or youtube

Reactions: FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have two issues with latest stable on latest atmo and 7.0.1 FW

1 - switch goes fatal when exiting retroarch from menu
2 - switch goes fatal when starting dosbox core

anyone else?

More than likely because you are using an NSP forwarder to launch RetroArch. When using an NSP forwarder, the only way to exit RA is to press the Home Button and then press "X" then "Close".

However, I myself am using an NSP Forwarder and mine doesn't crash when launching DOOM via DOSBox. Your issue is more than likely something else. Possibly something in your DOSBox config file?

Reactions: dishins

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Having some trouble with Ogre battle 64 and Yoshi's story both running very slow on the latest build. Nothing I do with the settings seems to help.
did Ogre Battle 64 ever work well with an earlier core? I tried a couple of them and haven't had any success

dishins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
More than likely because you are using an NSP forwarder to launch RetroArch. When using an NSP forwarder, the only way to exit RA is to press the Home Button and then press "X" then "Close".

However, I myself am using an NSP Forwarder and mine doesn't crash when launching DOOM via DOSBox. Your issue is more than likely something else. Possibly something in your DOSBox config file?

I'll check my dosbox config, thanks!

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kudos to @m4xw for the amazing work on the ppsspp core!

I tried several PSP ISOs using the ppsspp core, some of them just gave me a blackscreen...Any suggestions on what should I try to change in the core options in order to make them work? Thx!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'll check my dosbox config, thanks!
Dosbox will crash when you enable advanced settings, it’s a bug.

There was a previous RA build that crash when exiting, try updating your cores and loader

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did Ogre Battle 64 ever work well with an earlier core? I tried a couple of them and haven't had any success
Mupen64-plus with gliden doesn’t like 2D... No amount of option tweaking seems to work, the same happens with Yoshi, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

Last edited by cucholix,

dishins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

There was a previous RA build that crash when exiting, try updating your cores and loader

Mupen64-plus with gliden doesn’t like 2D... No amount of option tweaking seems to work, the same happens with Yoshi, strange enough Mortal Kombat Trilogy works fine.

by "updating your cores and loader" you mean to nightlies? cause i'm on 1.7.7 stable.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Kudos to @m4xw for the amazing work on the ppsspp core!

I tried several PSP ISOs using the ppsspp core, some of them just gave me a blackscreen...Any suggestions on what should I try to change in the core options in order to make them work? Thx!
Turn off memory speedhack, some games boot into blackscreen with it turned on... And also turn off the rest of speedhacks too and see if it works.

Reactions: hiroakihsu

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm having problems with the ZR and R shoulders, in some games you can't held them down, instead they act like they you were pressing constantly...

Can someone confirm this?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with the ZR and R shoulders, in some games you can't held them down, instead they act like they you were pressing constantly...

Can someone confirm this?

Which cores are we talking about? Only PSX-rearmed emulates a system with actual trigger buttons.

In mGBA, L/R give you the GBA's L/R, while ZL/ZR give you turbo fire L/R. Might apply to other cores as well. You can adjust this in the controls section of the quick menu, and be sure to save a core (or game) remap file.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Gausak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How can I activate the enhanced resolution (slow) option in the PSX-rearmed core? I have it activated, but it does not work ... The games are in native resolution with pixels. Do I have to configure something else?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How can I activate the enhanced resolution (slow) option in the PSX-rearmed core? I have it activated, but it does not work ... The games are in native resolution with pixels. Do I have to configure something else?
That core option does not work on the switch and needs dynarec anyways

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

Mupen64-plus with gliden doesn’t like 2D... No amount of option tweaking seems to work, the same happens with Yoshi, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

Is this SVN or the older one? because mine doesn't apply these settings till restart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol